Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello there ... 40 year old, two boys, Vasectomy Reversal ahead of us.

Hello all.
    I’m a 40 year old mommy with two amazing boys ages 4 & 2. My husband had a vasectomy about 13 months ago after we went through some serious health issues as a family. Now that we have fully emerged from a real low point I have been feeling depressed about our decision to snip. DH is entertaining the idea of a third child (he’s very selfless and I am incredible grateful for him listening to me) and we have appointments with my OB and his urologist set up in the next few weeks.

Assuming we are given the thumbs up for another chance I would really like a daughter.

With my boys, from what I can tell, I was swaying pretty traditional boys.
    1. Big breakfast (cereal and milk)
    2. Not much exercise
    3. HE
    4. Not much junk food but lots of salt (I have low blood pressure so I tend to be OK with adding salt to food and crave it)

We DTD every day from last day of period through O day with both boys and got preg on first try.

I’m wondering if anyone has tips for me if I start this journey…here is my plan:

Supplements:
    Prenatal (I don’t feel comfortable not taking one)
    Cal & Mag
    Cranberry
    Rasp and Peppermint Tea
    Omega 3 (just take for baby’s health)

Diet:
    Skip breakfast or dinner (12 hour fast each day)
    Lots of dairy
    Low sodium
    LE
    lots of veggies
    diet caffiene free soda
    crystal light
    decaf coffee
    tea

Lifestyle:
    Lots of cardio (I’m fairly fit and in good shape but I would like to slim down so hope to lose 10 lbs or so)....this will be hard with my busy work and family schedule but I plan to run in the mornings (I used to run 5-10 miles each AM before the boys).

DTD:
    Every 4 days after Period until 4 days before OV.

If anyone has advice related to my age and the VR factor I would love to hear.
    Also – my hubby eats a lot of red meat / salt – how important is it for me to get him to change this and for how long prior to DTD? Hubby is 36.

Thanks all, I really look forward to meeting some ladies on here and supporting one another.

Sweetplum
    Last edited by Sweetplum; January 14th, 2016 at 12:57 PM.
    (2011) (2014)

2. Thanks Georgiasmom thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Atomic will have lots of good advice for you!!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

4. Likes Sweetplum liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I strongly, strongly recommend you cut out ALL the supps you listed. Most sway blue and pepp tea I wouldn't mess with at your age. The prenatal & omega 3 are such strong blue swayers especially, and as soon as you get a BFP you can start taking those. You really DONT need them in advance.

I would just drink coffee, NO tea, it seems to sway blue. If possible, caffeinated coffee is likely superior for pink. I wouldn't recommend 'lots' of dairy, it's nutrient rich and sways blue. I would NOT worry about limiting sodium, it doesn't sway and is a bad idea for you in particular. High salt may even sway pink. If possible, go vegetarian.

Having conceived 2 boys easily past age 35 you are most likely very 'set' to have boys and so I would be strict in terms of diet/nutritients. The rest of your sway sounds great. If DH can do the diet with you, that's great but don't delay based on that. What you do matters most.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

6. Thanks Sweetplum thanked for this post
    Likes Dreamsister liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Welcome! I strongly, strongly recommend you cut out ALL the supps you listed. Most sway blue and pepp tea I wouldn't mess with at your age. The prenatal & omega 3 are such strong blue swayers especially, and as soon as you get a BFP you can start taking those. You really DONT need them in advance.

I would just drink coffee, NO tea, it seems to sway blue. If possible, caffeinated coffee is likely superior for pink. I wouldn't recommend 'lots' of dairy, it's nutrient rich and sways blue. I would NOT worry about limiting sodium, it doesn't sway and is a bad idea for you in particular. High salt may even sway pink. If possible, go vegetarian.

Having conceived 2 boys easily past age 35 you are most likely very 'set' to have boys and so I would be strict in terms of diet/nutritients. The rest of your sway sounds great. If DH can do the diet with you, that's great but don't delay based on that. What you do matters most.
    Thank you maidentomother! This is extremely interesting. I thought I had a grasp on the whole girl diet/supplement thing but apparently I'm totally off.
    OK. SO basically the LE diet is low in all nutrients. So let's say I just drank coffee (half decaf half reg or full caffienated), 3-4 Coke Zeros/day, worked out a lot and ate two or three light veggie meals per day (simple things like snap peas, carrots, lettuce, cucumber, peppers) and eggs, nuts and a bit of fat free greek yogurt....would this be considered a girl sway? Any specific foods to 100% stay away from. What about chocolate? What about a calorie range? I can track cals if necessary with MFD.

What supplements would you reco? If any?

Oh what about alcohol. I'd love a beer or wine a few nights a week? Is this OK?

Thank you!
    (2011) (2014)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many of your ideas are outdated swaying concepts that we've since learned don't work. Unfortunately though the rest of the inteenet/world of swaying has yet to catch up! This site is much more scientifically rigorous in its approach.

The foods you outlined are great! Though you can and probably SHOULD have some fullfat dairy in moderation, just try to get the bulk of your fat intake from pink friendly polyunsaturated plant fats (like soy & canola oil, safflower and sunflower oil). It is just important to stick to the dietary minimums as the maximums (30-60g fat, 40-60g protein, 1200-1800 cals). What you should aim for depends on your height and weight. If you are smaller stick to the lower end, bigger to the upper end.

There are few foods to avoid entirely. Though oats, fortified cereal (and any other highly fortified products like many protein bars and energy drinks), red meat, green tea and dark chocolate should be consumed rarely and in small amounts if at all. I'd limit coconut oil, olive oil and butter, but not as much as the aforementioned. Milk & white chocolate are fine if kept in your daily totals and consumed in moderation. Lowcal veggies are FREE, you don't need to count them, eat as much as you like. Only count higher cal veg like potatoes, squash, sweet potato, corn etc. But those are good for pink too, as well as nuts, legumes, and tofu in moderation.

The only supps I'd recommend are 1000-1400mcg folate (required), fibre (any type without added nutrients) before fatty/nutritious meals, and maybe ubiquinol for you and Olive Leaf Extract (up tp 1500mg daily) and maybe also Licorice Root (read up on it a bit here to decide of appropriate) for DH.

Alcohol consumption on both your parts, but especially yours, is great for pink! Drink anything you like (though possibly light beer/white wine/spirits are better than more nutrient rich dark beer/red wine) just make sure you drink WITH meals not between and count the cals.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 14th, 2016 at 06:35 PM.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

9. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you madientomother! Such great insights.
    (2011) (2014)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just posted this as a separate thread. More details on my struggle...any insights would be so wonderful. Thank you!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/late...tml#post792201
    (2011) (2014)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it even saving money by swaying wouldn't help much with the private school issue, bc it's a 3rd child that's too much cost?

You seem like a wonderful person and I really feel for your struggle. Let's hope the site can help you reach the best decision for you for you to achieve your desired outcome. It's a great community here!
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 15th, 2016 at 03:58 PM.

My Ovulation Chart

13. Thanks Sweetplum thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would reduce the prenatals to 3x a week if you can't bear to give them up. Same with Omega 3.

At 40, the rules are different for you than others. I would not use pep tea for you at all, cuts odds of conception too far.

I do not recomend cranberry for ANYONE due to safety. I'd give hubby olive leaf extract but wait til after surgery and recovery to begin with that.

Calcium has been proven to contribute to cardiovascular disease and I think it sways blue anyway. I usually leave it to the individual to decide on that, but over 40 it makes me nervous due to the heart disease aspect of it all.

Rasp. tea I am on the fence about. It may sway blue, and it may mess up your cycle too for some people so unless you think you really need it, I'd skip it.

VERY IMPORTANT - do not have a 4 day cutoff. Timing doesn't work and that would cut odds of conception to virtually nil with your age and after the reversal. I would have you do every 4 days plus one more attempt at positive OPK (or the day before you expect to ovulate)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 40, you may want to increase folic or folate (folate better but more expensive) to 2000 and add in 200-400 mg coq10 in ubiquinol form

No licorice root for DH after the reversal
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast