Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBdreams View Post
    I just found this site today. I had come across and ebook that suggested this site if you want to sway for a girl. I have two beautiful boys already, but one has muscular dystrophy (something I didn't know I was carrying). So it is really important to me to try my best to sway for a girl, just to decrease that risk. I know looking back on my diet...I have always eaten high protein, high nutrient because I do my best to stick to an anti-inflammatory diet and to do a lot of weight lifting. So clearly, I have definitely been naturally swaying for boys. I've been a little concerned about what I've read outside of this site on swaying for girls...they imply you need to be somewhat unhealthy to sway for a girl and drink lots of stuff with artificial sweeteners like crystal light. I pretty much only drink water. I feel like this le diet is going to be a challenge for me because it goes against my natural state of being. So I am loving getting to know this site better.
    Hi and welcome LCB!

You have already looked into this I"m sure but would your insurance company cover PGD to prevent the MD? I mention this because swaying is not a guarantee, unfortunately, and the technology does exist to be sure your future child(ren) are not carriers of the gene and you can also select a girl as well.

There is more than one way to think of "healthy". Heart healthy and cancer preventative diets are actually NOT great for fertility. For swaying, we follow a diet that is much more in line with a heart healthy diet - lower fat, lower protein, lower cal, vegetarian or even vegan. The downside is that this can reduce fertility at the same time (our bodies like protein and fat and calories when it's time to TTC a baby). So point being, the LE Diet is NOT an unhealthy diet, it is actually based on the World Health Organization's recommendations for a healthy diet for women of childbearing age who may become pregnant, it's just at the lower level of that. People get confused when they hear "unhealthy" but all that really means is cutting back on fat and meat and calories (which is actually another definition of healthy!) WE are just trying to decline our fertility a LITTLE bit while still eating a normal, healthy intake of food.

You absolutely can do this using fruit, veg, whole grains, and so on. There is an alternate diet in this thread, 5 from the top, called "atomic fertility diet" which can be done using whole foods and very healthful eating choices. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

No one needs to use artificial sweetener for a sway. I don't even think it works and have seen people (not on this site) getting BOYS using a scary amoutn of the stuff. I allow it in safe amounts for those who believe in it but it's not a prerequisite. I got my daughter without it after getting my 4th boy with it. Drinking water is fine for a pink sway, much better than those gallons of milk other sites require!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm finding my hardest thing is not having chocolate :-( Worst idea ever to TTC for a girl just after easter!
    Shocked and excited by my DH's idea to TTC a girl!

Mother of DS (10) , DS (3) and TTC a DD

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=atomic sagebrush;814878]Hi and welcome LCB!

You have already looked into this I"m sure but would your insurance company cover PGD to prevent the MD? I mention this because swaying is not a guarantee, unfortunately, and the technology does exist to be sure your future child(ren) are not carriers of the gene and you can also select a girl as well.

I did call my insurance company and not only do they not cover it, they were so awful to me that I actually called their supervisors to complain. They told me I was trying to play god and were comparing me to Hitler and saying things like, "well now you're talking about blonde hair, blue eyes." Um, no...I'm talking about trying to have a healthy child. Ugh. It was so awful. They would cover the PGD, but not the IVF because I'm not infertile. And I really can't afford 20-30K to have another baby, when I already have 2.

I feel better after reading this because I was suffering from inflammation and at one point doctors were concerned I had an auto-immune disease. I have gotten so much better on an anti-inflammation diet...which is a lot of quinoa and veggies and mostly vegan lifestyle. So that's good to know.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh I'm so sorry, I hope that person was fired. It doesn't even make sense because the cost of the PGD would be less than the cost of a lifetime of health care I'm sure. :/ Jerks

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all,
    It's been awhile since I've been on this thread! Anyway, I'm not pregnant yet. I only just started actively trying to conceive. This will be my second month. I'm SO sick of this diet. I miss being the health nut that I once was, eating whenever I like. I really want to get pregnant this month. I've read this essay on orgasms, but ultimately, are opinions still all over the place? Does having one or not having one really sway either way? I'm thinking I may just allow myself one--like I said, I'd really like to wind up pregnant now! Also, I have a tilted uterus... Doesn't that hinder my chances of falling pregnant anyway?
    Luke James: breech c-section baby 02/05/15

Swaying for a girl in 2016, hoping for a VBAC.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by katie_marcella View Post
    Hi all,
    It's been awhile since I've been on this thread! Anyway, I'm not pregnant yet. I only just started actively trying to conceive. This will be my second month. I'm SO sick of this diet. I miss being the health nut that I once was, eating whenever I like. I really want to get pregnant this month. I've read this essay on orgasms, but ultimately, are opinions still all over the place? Does having one or not having one really sway either way? I'm thinking I may just allow myself one--like I said, I'd really like to wind up pregnant now! Also, I have a tilted uterus... Doesn't that hinder my chances of falling pregnant anyway?
    Yes, opinions are all over the place on orgasms and there is no consensus about how they sway. I had one when I got my girl. I do see a trend where blue mamas are more "orgasmy" but there are tons of exceptions on both sides and even if true, that doesn't necessarily mean that orgasms sway blue, but could mean that a certain hormonal profile both makes someone have a higher sex drive and also conceive boys, if that makes sense.

Having a tilted uterus once was thought to inhibit conception but it isn't believed to be true any more. It's now believed to just be a physical variation not unlike having brown eyes or blue. I have a very tipped one and got my first 4 kids 1 or 2 months of TTC. If you're worried about it, try laying on your tummy for a while after BD.

8. Likes katie_marcella liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another question-- we've got an awful virus that's stuck myself, my husband, and my son. It started with my son, and since he was feeling so puny, I nursed him a little more than usual. I was expecting to ovulate around that time, but I still haven't yet. I'm sure the couple of days where I nursed extra could have impacted this. But for the past week, I've been back to my normal nursing schedule--the one I was ovulating with. As crappy as I feel, it would be great to conceive now since I know illness sways pink. Does Tylenol sway pink? My throat has been killing me so I've needed something to help. And does DH being sick sway as well? I guess that's more than one question. Haha.

Anyway, thank you for always answering our questions so quickly you're truly the best!
    Thank you for always answering our questions so quickly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tylenol is believed to sway pink, I'd stick with that rather than ibuprofen as it may inhibit ovulation.

DH being sick (unless he has a fever) probably doesn't sway but we honestly don't know.

It's my pleasure! Good luck!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has been several months since I have signed on, but here I am, back at it again. We went on a TTC hiatus because my very close sister was diagnosed with brain cancer. (side note: she had a pretty successful surgery, has recovered well, and is discussing mild treatment with a wonderful oncologist) but, suffice it to say, this whole thing has all been incredibly stressful. I stepped up to help with her daughter, and was so busy I rarely had a second to myself. I was terrified she wasn't going to be ok, and just had to take some time generally to recollect my sanity.
    Before hearing the news, I was not eating a healthy diet at all. Looking back, was perfect for a pink sway, but I just couldn't do it at the time. But now--I'm scared to ingest chemicals because I don't want cancer. I did just have a scan and I am in the clear, so I feel confident about TTC again soon, but what about the LE diet? I'm currently finishing my break from it, and will pick it back up next month, but I would like to modify it. No more aspartame, that is for sure. Is there a healthy way to do the LE diet? I mean, I can limit nutrients, sure, but what is the consensus on quality foods while doing LE? Do you have any advice?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast