Thread: Pgd questions

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pgd questions

So I'm prego with my 3rd boy and approaching my late late 30s. Will be 38 when I deliver and worried about ivf not even working cause of my age so I'm thinking of breastfeeding for 6-8month and towards then possibly trying the pgd procedure for a girl. I have a few questions.

1. For HRC with Dr. potter, if it doesn't work the first time, does it cost the same amount to try again? I heard that most of the time it doesn't work the first time and especially for my age and it's quiet expensive, around $25k. So for two attempts, it would be around $50k???! My biggest fear is that I don't end up with any normal girl embryos.

2. If I am lucky and have more than 1 girl embryo, how much would it cost to freeze it and would they do it and store it there?

3. I'm in Bay Area and I saw one of the places had something about a refund program. Does that mean u will get some of ur money back if it doesn't work, and even at my age? I think it was somewhere like RSC.

4. Since my sway was not sucessful this time around, I don't feel like swaying anymore. If ivf doesn't work, u think the Ericsson method is worth a try? And maybe douche as well to kill some of the y chromes??!

My goodness, I been searching about pgd for the past 2 months and kinda anxious to try it but then the thought of going through the whole pregnancy thing all over again overwhelms me too! I still have 3.5 months left before I even deliver this one, God willing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To briefly answer your questions:

1. I'm not up to date on HRC's current pricing but it is somewhere around $15k per cycle plus drugs (not $25k). You also get $1000 off if you are a dream member and contact them through this site. I think there is a 2 cycle package now as well, but not sure on the details.

2. It is $700 to freeze and store per year.

3. I only cycled at HRC so don't know how refund programs work at other clinics.

4. There is no magic bullet to select for X sperm and I can't comment on the accuracy of sorting through spinning methods. I could be wrong, but I'm not personally aware of any credible studies that say these methods make a significant difference in gender ratios. If you are inseminating with "sorted" sperm, I wouldn't put your odds at anything higher than what you would get swaying (if even that high). And if you are douching and inseminating with sorted sperm you probably won't even get pregnant at all.

If you become a Dream Member you'll have access to way more ivf/pgd info than what you are seeing as a basic member. It's worth it and far better than googling!
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

3. Likes Giselle2016 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoler View Post
    To briefly answer your questions:

1. I'm not up to date on HRC's current pricing but it is somewhere around $15k per cycle plus drugs (not $25k). You also get $1000 off if you are a dream member and contact them through this site. I think there is a 2 cycle package now as well, but not sure on the details.

2. It is $700 to freeze and store per year.

3. I only cycled at HRC so don't know how refund programs work at other clinics.

4. There is no magic bullet to select for X sperm and I can't comment on the accuracy of sorting through spinning methods. I could be wrong, but I'm not personally aware of any credible studies that say these methods make a significant difference in gender ratios. If you are inseminating with "sorted" sperm, I wouldn't put your odds at anything higher than what you would get swaying (if even that high). And if you are douching and inseminating with sorted sperm you probably won't even get pregnant at all.

If you become a Dream Member you'll have access to way more ivf/pgd info than what you are seeing as a basic member. It's worth it and far better than googling!
    Thank u so much for taking the time to answer my questions. From my research, I thought it was more like $20k and meds like $5k, that's how I came up with the $25k. I'm excited if they have a two cycle package though but OMG I would die if it doesn't work both times...

I will definitely become a dream member by end of week, just being lazy in signing up.

5. Likes nicoler liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Locally, it's not $25,000. Your odds will depend on your protesting so hard to say right now. It's around $14,000 plus meds. Like the pp says, $1,000 when you contact tgem using this site.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

7. Likes Giselle2016 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Locally, it's not $25,000. Your odds will depend on your protesting so hard to say right now. It's around $14,000 plus meds. Like the pp says, $1,000 when you contact tgem using this site.
    Locally as in Orange County or Bay Area? I can't do my pretending until about a year from now when I deliver this baby and breastfeed for a while. So anxious to start though. Sadly, I think I'm focusing so much more on this possible pgd venture than delivering this baby. I'm due in Nov.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hun, if you are in the US, when IVF is concerned, you are local. If you're in the Bay Area, you're in their backyard compared to those that have to travel from Australia!! You're very lucky.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

10. Likes Giselle2016 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Hun, if you are in the US, when IVF is concerned, you are local. If you're in the Bay Area, you're in their backyard compared to those that have to travel from Australia!! You're very lucky.
    Yes compared to those who have to travel from Australia, I am lucky. But since we can hardly afford it, I still have to compare the different cities. Bay Area is very expensive. One of the clinics said each cycle will cost $27-30k. OMG i wish I was rich but we cannot afford that. I am thankful though that I can travel to places not to far away like south Cali for cheaper rates.