Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vitamins are up to you. We get plenty from the diet. The LE diet is a healthy pre-pregnancy diet. You can eat anything- plenty of fruits you like and vegetables. The only thing that matter is the 40-50g protein and 40-60g fat. Going meatless just helps sticking with the limits.

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mom of angel Liv* - reallly want another baby girl

If you can afford a plan, I HIGHLY recommend it! Atomic is awesome and can totally help you (regardless if you buy a plan!).

I would suggest posting on the LE diet forum, and introduce yourself and ask for meal suggestions.

My go to are:

Veggie burgers, salads with meat alternatives, Pizza subs (marinara, mozzarella, on a hoagie bun toasted. Sometimes I add a meat alternative to this), refried bean tacos, cheese pizza, I'll make dinner for family and only eat the sides not the meat. Big potato, take out the insides add cheese and mushrooms and broccoli, add it back inside the skin and bake until cheese is melted.

Meat alternatives like Beyond Beef, and Quorn are great to get protein that is vegetarian.

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So very sorry for your loss, I cannot even imagine..... Best of luck with your pink sway! I hope your angel's rainbow sister finds you all soon xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Taking vitamin supplements, especially a multivitamin, seems to sway heavily blue. Generally pink swayers are advised to skip the multivitamin while TTC and just take folic acid, then to start the prenatal when you get a BFP.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid86 View Post
    Thank you GirlieCat! I'm indeed a little bit overwhelmed by all the information.
    Luckily I don't eat a lot lately (due to the circumstances) and I'm not a fan of meat. Maybe that's why we already conceived a girl the first time?
    Just regarding ovulation...I used OPK already for conceiving Liv, but then we DTD on the day that the stripes were the brightest (I use sensitest urine dipsticks). It's kinda hard to see when you're 3-5 days before ovulation....or do you have tips for that also?

Thanks!
    You really are not looking for 3-5 days before ovulation, you just want to pinpoint your positive OPK which tells you when you have your LH hormone serge (luteinizing hormone). Ovulation typically occurs from 24-36 hours after you get your serge (time can vary). It is recommended to test for your serge and DTD when you get your first positive for a serge. This ensure you are close enough to O that sperms will be ready and also that you only have one attempt in your fertility window (attempt means unprotected sex trying to get prego).

There are a lot of brands you can buy that test for the LH serge and most are pretty easy to use. The problem lies in that the serge can be very quick for some woman so the exact serge might be missed but if you test multiple cycles you will start to learn your body and the tests. I don't have regular cycles (thankfully they are getting better) and I have been able to get a positive 3 out of 4 cycles (and even the 4th I figured it out without a clear positive). I use the cheapy Wondfo tests so I can test as often as I want without worrying about cost and they work for me. Some people don't like them but it is all up to what works for your body.

For me (and many others), it seems best to test early to mid afternoon. Serges seem to show up best at that time of day and don't drink excessive amounts of water in the hours leading up to the test time because you can dilute the sample.
    Last edited by GirlieCat; August 30th, 2016 at 06:07 PM.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much XXforhubby! It's indeed something I even don't want to happen to my worst enemy :s

Fortunately the LE diet will not be a problem, but I'm a bit scared that I will even lose more weight (BMI is now around 19).

Thank you so much for your support!
    I lost 5 pounds in the first month on the diet (which I was happy about) but I am at BMI 21 now so I really don't need to lose anymore so I made sure to increase my calories a little bit and I haven't lost any more weight since. I use empty calories like a soda. You can certainly follow the diet and not lose weight. You definitely don't want to go lower than you are now.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you GirlieCat! I'm indeed a little bit overwhelmed by all the information.
    Luckily I don't eat a lot lately (due to the circumstances) and I'm not a fan of meat. Maybe that's why we already conceived a girl the first time?
    Just regarding ovulation...I used OPK already for conceiving Liv, but then we DTD on the day that the stripes were the brightest (I use sensitest urine dipsticks). It's kinda hard to see when you're 3-5 days before ovulation....or do you have tips for that also?

Thanks!
    This is actually what we recommend on this site for TTC a girl. The 3-5 days before O idea has not worked for virtually all of us on here (most of us have 2-3-4 boys already and have tried that kind of thing!!) and has been debunked in studies. So I would fully have you just do what you did the last time.

I did want to give my most heartfelt condolences for your loss.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    My heart breaks for what you went through! I cannot imagine...

I can tell you what is working for most people, and that sways girl with a 75-65% success rate.

* LE diet 12+ weeks or longer. 1500-1800 calories, 40-50g protein, 40-60g fat. Most of us use myfitnesspal app to track protein and fat amounts. No meat, vegetarian of you can, and vegetable sources for fat (think vegetable oils instead of butter).

* Exercise 6+ weeks or longer. Cardio only for 60min a day for 5-7 days a week. It has to be 60 straight minutes without stopping. Walking is fine- it doesn't have to be running.

* One attempt at positive opk. You can also BD (baby dance) every 4 days when AF (Aunt Flo) ends until you go past the latest you've ever ovulated OR until CD21 (this is in case ovulation is delayed).

* Coffee, alcohol (any thing you like), fiber before fatty meals (only if you have some weight to lose or at a higher BMI).

* Folic Acid or Folate- 1200mcg-1600mcg. This is to prevent neural tube defects. This doesn't sway one way or another but is necessary for a healthy baby.

* Clomid or Femara if you can get it.

You may read in here some people JD (jumping and dumping right after BDing), using lubricants/jellys, or pH. Most of us do not do these anymore as they prevent/delay conception. If you need a lube for comfort, use a sperm friendly lubricant like Preseed, Conceive Plus, or Astroglide TTC. Only put a small amount on DH and NOT use the whole applicator (this would sway blue).

Most of us do not take any supplements like Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin D, or prenatal vitamins. These sway blue heavily. That being said, if you have a deficiency or your doctor recommends you take something, then that is fine.

That's about it! Do not hesitate to start a new thread and ask any question you have. We are all here to help! I'm hoping and praying that you conceive a healthy, baby (hopefully girl!) real soon! I'll be following!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    This is so awesome I have nothing to even add. What she said.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sigrid, regarding the multivitamin, we have a compromise in that you can, instead, take a multivitamin for 2 or 3 days a week. This is going to give your body a chance at any nutrients you are needing but probably won't sway as strongly blue as taking it daily would.

My advice since you're having trouble becoming motivated to eat right now (understandably) and are already underweight, is to just go vegetarian. We have good results with vegetarian diets for pink and I think it may mess with your head too much if you're worrying about the foods you're eating.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, thank you all so much for your support and tips!

I'll take the multivitamine for 2 or 3 days a week then.
    I'm just having some problems with knowing what I can eat. And I love to exercise, but usually I exercised 3-4 times a week (playing tennis - competition level). So that's maybe not good since that sways more blue?

Atomic, can I ask you to make a personal plan? Where can I buy it? Sorry for all the questions but there is so much information over here that I don't know where to begin
    Mom of angel Liv (stillborn at 30w on 06/25/2016)

TTC rainbow baby
    Failed sway, due September 2017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast