Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Praying for our girl after 2 boys and 2 stepnuggets!

Hey all,

I've been reading this forum for several months now but just recently purchased a personalized plan (haven't received it yet). I can't believe how much I've learned! Definitely gets confusing but completely fascinating to see people's results. About me: My husband has 2 kids from a previous marriage (a boy and a girl) and we have 2 boys together. He's 44 and I'm 35. I always just assumed I would have girls, and would even venture to say all my childhood "dreams" of being a mom revolved around being the mom of girls. All my friends seemed honestly shocked when I announced the news about both boys because they "just couldn't imagine me with boys!" Well it's all worked out because I absolutely adore my boys (and I think I'm a pretty darn good boy mom!) and my stepkids but... I still have that longing for a biological daughter. I always wanted 4 biological children, so DH and I have decided to stop at 3 of our own as it seems to be a happy medium. We're both excited to add a healthy baby to the family regardless of the gender, but we want to give ourselves the best possible chance for a girl since this is our last one.

I guess with my boys I probably had a "boy" lifestyle because I love salty food and was far from vegetarian even then. I was also a HUGE snacker! Lots of tiny "meals" throughout the day. After I had the boys, I went to a really low-carb lifestyle and have been eating even more meat and high protein for the last 3 years. A week or two ago I switched and started following the LE diet which is obviously a huge change for my body so I'm hoping this will help. I tend to have a higher ph, (around 6 or so), lots of CM and probably high testosterone as I eat a lot of protein and favor light weights over cardio any day! I'm also high stress and very type-A. (I know these aren't all primary factors for swaying according to atomic or this site... just giving some background.) I'm really looking forward to the support from this community and keeping up with everyone's swaying journeys! If you pray, please say a quick prayer for us that God will give us a healthy baby girl this time as I'm a huge believer in the power of prayer! Prayers for you all too!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say welcome and come and join us on the trying to conceive a girl forum, we are a very helpful bunch, I get lots of good daily advice from the other girls.

I have three gorgeous children girl, boy, boy. I am swaying to hopefully give my dd a sister. Am currently in the 2 ww but been trying since June so not overly hopeful. I conceived my three first attempt so this is new terrority for me. I have been dieting for two years but only discovered this site in Dec 2015. I started the diet and exercise in April! Good luck and pink dust to you, look forward to following your journey x

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, girlie. I will be on the TTC girl forum a ton I'm sure! Good work sticking to the diet and exercise for so many months. I also conceived both my boys on the first attempt so I can imagine this is getting trying! Pink dust to you too and I'll be thinking about you during this 2ww hoping you get your newest baby girl! I always wanted a sister growing up (I have all brothers) and pray your daughter gets hers!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Praying for our girl after 2 boys and 2 stepnuggets!

Welcome sweet_b. Glad to have you join us. I am 35 yrs old too, but we are trying for baby #1 and swaying girl. I find the diet very easy for the most part. Look forward to having you join this great group.

I am a God fearing woman so I will be happy to lift you up in prayer. Praying and swaying...!!! Ha, maybe we should add prayer to the sway stats too.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, GirlieCat! Haha! Couldn't hurt! Just said one for you. I think the diet will be easy enough. Hasn't been too much trouble for me so far, so fingers crossed!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post