Thread: TTC girl sway

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC girl sway

Hello,
    After lurking for a few months I have finally began my girl sway.
    Proud mum of a sweet 3yo ds and would love to give him a sister.
    I have a couple of questions- is coffee/alcohol recommended? I usually drink neither but am happy to have a go.
    Currently keeping calories approx 1500 with cardio approx. 4-5 times a week. No supplements. Usual diet is low carb however have switched this up and aiming for mainly low nutrient carbs, low fat allow protein. This is what I have picked up from following this site. Any tips greatly received!
    Aiming for 12 weeks of diet before attempting conception. One thing I'm not sure on is timing in terms of dtd- or even if this makes any difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum to beautiful DS1 born 2013
    2017!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your sway looks great. I think alcohol and coffee have been getting good results (atomic may be able to elaborate on this) so if you wanted to add them in it could help. I think one attempt at positive opk (if you are using them) seems to be what is suggested for girl sway. Make sure you are taking folic acid too. Good luck with your sway
    Last edited by Kelbear; October 18th, 2016 at 07:14 PM.

3. Likes Artisam liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks- am using opk and recording in an app. My diet with ds was the complete opposite of what I am eating now. I am a nutritionist, and although this diet is by no means unhealthy, swapping some foods is not coming easily lol.
    He was conceived on the first attempt so am interested to see how this all pans out!

2017!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!!

I do recommend coffee and alcohol for pink sways - they've gotten good results. More about that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html

Many of us on here have timing opposites. I personally have 4 of 5 timing opposites LOL so it was easy for me to give up on that. The case against timing is here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html But you have to do what you feel is best for YOU and what you can live with above all else. The important thing is one attempt. if you can't stand to give up timing, that's your call to make, but stick with one attempt!! O-2 is better for conception than O-3.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Artisam View Post
    Thanks- am using opk and recording in an app. My diet with ds was the complete opposite of what I am eating now. I am a nutritionist, and although this diet is by no means unhealthy, swapping some foods is not coming easily lol.
    He was conceived on the first attempt so am interested to see how this all pans out!

We have had good luck with eating whole grains and fruit and veg. as primary carb sources as well. The important thing seems to be upping carb intake vs. protein and fat, and getting more of your protein and fat from vegetable rather than animal sources. The original idea that we had to avoid all nutritious foods has actually not panned out as much as we thought (this is good news for those of us who hate iceberg lettuce haha)

8. Likes XXforhubby, Erin514 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really- pleased to hear that. I think I'm so used to doing low carb/high protein and mod fat that it just feels different. I kind of feel as if it's the ' slimming world diet' if that makes sense. Despite looking I can't find much literature on it. I was hoping to find a systematic review or similar. All of your links to studies/thread I've seen so far are very helpful thanks. There's so much anecdotal evidence I'm surprised that there isn't more published.

2017!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes we have a fair number of people who use Slimming World in the UK or Weight Watchers in the US as a sort of "softer" version of LE Diet so you're on the right track.

I'm not sure what you mean by literature exactly, could you clarify?? To my knowledge no one has done any studies on LE itself (this is a diet I personally came up with based on a bunch of studies and theorizing by scientists) There are a lot of animal studies and a few human ones which I can reference you to, unfortunately most of the people interested in studying the issue are either selling something or else animal researchers. :/ Short version of LE is here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I meant published studies - perhaps a U.K language thing sorry! Thanks for the link- I am finding diet the most difficult at the moment must be the time of year!

2017!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah we're just a bunch of moms here trying to figure it all out, so no official studies done.

Can you give me a bump on this, and I'll swing back and post a few links?? Running low on battery here!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump.

I'm generally skipping breakfast (most days ), lunch is soup and dinner is often soup/bread or pasta. Really trying not to snack but do occasionally. Having peppermint tea and Coke Zero. My SIL lives on caffeine free Coke and has 2 girls and a boy so am not sure whether or not I should ditch the caffeine (I know this is a debate!). DH is happy to change his diet if necessary- is it?
    Many thanks!

2017!

15. Thanks Ladylulu thanked for this post