Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Intro & Dreaming for Pink

Hello - I have been doing a ton of research, and after driving my husband nuts for the past few months, he suggested I join a forum. I have been married for 4 years, and together for almost 12 years! I have been dreaming of a family for years now, and its finally all lining up for us. We have decided to sway for a girl, because he is one of many boys and the first grandchild was also a boy. Either gender we will gladly welcome, but we only want to have two, so having a girl first would be great.

Steps I have done so far that I think is positive: Read The Dr. Shettles Method Book, chart my CM, and we're both are taking preconception supplements. I ordered cranberry pills and pH strips earlier this week. I purchased the Clearblue ovulation test kit to see if my charting has been accurate.

Steps that may be negative: I kicked caffeine thinking it was in my best interest. I also began taking FertileCM. It contains coral calcium which I later read is an alkaline product. Never charted my BBT.

I am also needing to change my diet, because it seems I eat more alkaline. Again, I have been researching this ALOT the past few months, and everything is so conflicting. Some articles state I am eating more acidic and the next one states the opposite. I'm a big fan of juicing and eating raw, so I can make new veggie/fruit combos, I just don't have a clear understanding of whats truly acidic.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I hope to come on here frequently. As I mentioned above my husband needs a new topic of conversation from me lol! I have a very competitive group of friends, so I feel I only have my husband to talk to about our journey to parenthood. I want this to be purely for my husband and myself.

If everything correlates with my ovulation charts and the Clearblue results, our first attempt will be December 27 & 28!!
    Last edited by BeefJerKay; October 26th, 2016 at 06:51 PM.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there!
    Sorry I'm not able to advise on your sway, I'm new here too and hoping to sway pink!!
    Just wanted to say good luck xx
    Mummy to my beautiful boys DS1 (aged 4) and DS2 (aged 2)
    Hoping and wishing for a pink bundle to complete our family xx

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to "meet" You. I'm a mom to two girls and pregnant with my 3rd (only 7 weeks). We're hoping for a boy because this is our last. Good luck to you.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!

A lot of us on here got a LOT of timing opposites with Shettles (I have 4 LOL). It's been debunked scientifically and you can read the reasons why here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html but if you want to use it, that's totally at your discretion. But just be sure you have only ONE attempt. We have found that for reasons no one knows, one attempt seems to sway pink (and may be why we ever thought Shettles worked to begin with.) Use timing if you like, but keep one attempt!!!

We have found that prenatal vitamins may sway blue. We generally use only folic acid or folate for most people as it's the only nutrient proven to prevent birth defects when taken preconception (we do of course add in prenatals immediately upon getting a positive pregnancy test). If you do choose to continue them,you may want to compromise and take them 3 days a week instead of daily.

I have a scientific look at pH here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html

Our results have shown coffee to sway strongly pink and I have an explanation about that in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html

I would stay well away from Fertile CM because it may sway blue and has really messed with people's menstrual cycles (makes it really hard to try Shettles timing if your ovulation starts moving around)

The acid alkaline diet has been debunked (read about that in the pH essay I linked above) and yeah, that's the thing - none of the various sites even tend to agree on what things are acid and alkaline anyway. We use a different diet based on different science here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html Low carb vegetables are FREE and unlimited on LE Diet - you can have literally as much as you want to of them and we are getting girls that way.

While I generally have people avoid massive amounts of juice as it is very nutrient dense, I have seen a lot of people get girls after doing a mostly raw/juice diet - it's going to be a lot lower in protein, fat, and calories (which are all things we believe do sway pink, if they are lowered) So it may be that you don't need to change your diet that much at all, really. Vegetarians and vegans both have more girls so continuing your enjoyment of fruit and veg, even if you do have a juice meal a day if that is your preference, is not going to hurt your chances at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ