Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, Fellow Gender Dreamers! <3

Hello Everyone!

It's been a whole year since I started curiously lurking on this site, but was too hesitant to officially become a member because of the guilt I felt over yearning for a daughter and seeming ungrateful after being blessed with my two amazing and healthy sons who were conceived so easily. The desire I have for a daughter runs so deep that it's all I've thought about since I had my first son. No matter how much I've tried to push it to the back of my mind, it creeps back around to the forefront and will not go away.

I'm a mother of two boys, ages 5 & 4. I have two older sisters, who both have sons as well. Between the three of us, we have a total of 8 sons and I'm the youngest and only one who may still grow their family and who's now considering having a third child. To say there's some pressure on me to have a daughter is a huge understatement. I've always wanted a big family and to this day, although I realize people don't realize how it's received, I still don't understand why so many people feel the need to say how sorry they feel for my husband and me for having two sons at home because of how exhausting they think it is. Though I know it shouldn't bother me, it's comments like those, that magnify my inner longing for a daughter and curiosity of how different our family dynamic might be if I wasn't outnumbered by all these boys.

After stumbling upon this site with all the different threads, seeing how supportive all the members were and thinking about how my sisters and I all have the same eating style, I really started to find a lot of truth in "gender swaying". Although, as I tried to gather as much googled information as I could, the times that my husband and I TTC, there were so many rules, factors with timing, PH, shallow style, etc. that in the moment, there was too much pressure and neither of us were really able to perform under all that pressure.

I'm reaching out to you all - this wonderful online support system of non-judgemental parents or parents-to-be, who all have a wealth of information to offer, who can relate to how I feel. As I try to sway without using any high tech methods, I'm putting my trust in all the information I'll receive and read here. All this information, in addition to praying for the best as we attempt to grow our family to a family of five, hoping to complete our family with the daughter I've always wanted.

I'd just like to thank you all in advance for any information and for taking the time to read this. I'm so grateful there's a site like this and look forward to posting and e-friending many of you.

Hope you all have a good evening!

XOXO,
    LuvMyGuys
    Last edited by LuvMyGuys; November 2nd, 2016 at 12:15 AM.

2. Thanks tinysmomma thanked for this post
    Likes pinkinthestars, Twoorthree liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome LuvMyGuys! You will find this site a wealth of information and lots of similarly minded people you will relate too! I don't want to turn you off swaying at all, but you also need to be mentally prepared for an opposite, my latest was a result of a girl sway, as you can see from my siggy it was a boy.. He's the sweetest little guy so it's ok!! And the odds are in your favour if u do sway so good luck!!!!
    2014 2016

4. Thanks LuvMyGuys thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks BrightSky! Congrats on your new baby boy! I'm going back and forth on how to approach this and DH has been very supportive and understanding and is open to either option. Are you planning to have more kids in the future?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! I definitely think there is an element of luck involved, some really strong sways get opposites and some more relaxed get their desired gender, u just need to do what's comfortable for you. Yes, I've always hoped to have 3, I don't think I'll be taking any chances on another though and will try the HT route next. Have you considered this as an option?
    2014 2016

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love having two boys who are best friends and keep each other busy! If I were to have a girl, I wouldn't be opposed to having two too so they could also be best friends. I hadn't considered HT before, but after so much reading and since I'm getting older and this will be my last chance to "try", I'm now really considering it. I have so many questions about the process for this type of thing since the women I know who are undergoing IVF treatments have infertility issues. I'm wondering what the likelihood of having a few good embryos after everything since I don't currently have any issues. The women I know usually ended up with 2 or 1. When do you think you'll try HT, if you do?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I think it will be nice when they can play together and hopefully be best buddies depending on how long I breastfeed, probably late next year for HT. Im not getting any younger and don't really want to leave it too long. If you become a member I think you can access the forums that have all the cycle info if you did want to look into it. There's a lot to consider, the money, what your chances are, travel if you are in a country were it is illegal, the needles! I love my boys dearly, but at the end of the day I would only be having another child to have a girl so that is why I am looking into this route. There are really good odds with swaying, but u really need to go into it accepting whatever outcome u get!
    2014 2016

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long/much of a sway did you do? I just have so many friends doing IVF for infertility issues right now, I can't bring myself to do it for gender selection while they're going through that. Maybe I'll consider it after they've had successful transfers, so we're not going through it at the same time.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome LuvMyGuys,
    You will find a wealth of information, knowledge, experience and friends here looking forward to reading your journey
    I to have 2 boys and have had 3 and am now pregnant not sure of sex yet after swaying pink, feel free to friend me and ask anything we are all here to help one another
    Taurus chic ♉Mom to
    2008 .Baby boy born 2009 now my Angel MC 2011 2012
    2016 Confirmed BFP!!! June 2016

Baby Girl born Feb 2017
    My Successful Girl Sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post870111

considering to retry for another girl october 2017
    Confirmed BFP hoping for more pink dust 💖

Due 17th of August 2018 born 27th August 2018
    My 2nd Successful Girl Sway : http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post974086

11. Thanks LuvMyGuys thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's fair enough.. although I won't be telling anyone we are doing this !i swayed for maybe 5-6 months, it probably wasn't the best sway by the end, it's hard when u haVe heaps going on and also I wasn't getting pregnant at the start. At the end of the day I wanted another baby and just wanted to push the odds towards a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyGuys View Post
    How long/much of a sway did you do? I just have so many friends doing IVF for infertility issues right now, I can't bring myself to do it for gender selection while they're going through that. Maybe I'll consider it after they've had successful transfers, so we're not going through it at the same time.
    2014 2016

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, pinkinthestars! Congratulations on your pregnancy!! And, thank you so much for offering to help me out! When will you find out the gender of your baby? And, for how long did you sway? I feel like I have this uneasiness and nervousness in the pit of my stomach as my DH and I go into this, but we're hoping for the very best. I'll friend you on here shortly!
    Last edited by LuvMyGuys; November 4th, 2016 at 11:06 AM.

14. Likes pinkinthestars liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast