Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twins

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Twins

Hi there,
    I am new to this site but just found out I conceived twins some how with no history of twins on my side of the family. I already have a 22 month old son and would love to have a daughter. I found out at 5 weeks 6 days that it was twins when I went in for a dating scan. Ever since 6 weeks I have had awful morning sickness. I was told that my twins are Di-Di not sure what that means. Is there hope maybe I got one girl? I would love to hear from other moms that have had twins as well as I am clueless. Not sure if it matters but we did one attempt and I dumped right after. I also was not getting solid sleep as my son was having night terrors all night when we conceived. Never really eat breakfast and no time to sit around and snack all day with chasing my son around.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!

We would need to know more details about your lifestyle, especially your eating habits (frequency and types of food). Your BD frequency would sway pink, but lifestyle matters also.

As for your morning sickness, magnesium really helps. You'll need to to a topical spray or take a picometer size so your body readily absorbs it.

Congratulations!
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I have no clue what I was eating at the time. We were in the process of packing stuff and moving so I was stressed out and missing meals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your twins! Di Di twins means they each have their own placenta and amniotic sac. This type of twins are the lowest risk for those reasons. They can be identical or fraternal. All fraternal twins are Di Di.

I bet you have at least one DD in there, since BG twins are the most common type of fraternal twins.

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One Last Pink Sway
    My Ovulation Chart

5. Likes Kittybear, Burakoam, Twinning4 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! We were going to sway in like 6 months but got surprised with twins so now I'm just waiting till we find out what we are having. Does anyone know if the blood genetic test can tell us the gender of twins?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can do the NIPT with twins but it will only tell you if it detected a Y chromosome for either twin...so if no Y is detected you know you have two girls. If a Y is detected then you know you have at least one boy. It can't tell you if there is 1 boy and 1 girl or two boys. Same goes if a chromosome issue comes back positive- you won't know which twin is affected without further testing.

Congratulations! Twins are so awesome.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Girliecat and congrats on your soon to be pink bundle of joy. Do you know what other testing they will need to do to determine which twin has the abnormality? They already put me in high risk category because of the twins so now I'm so scared something will go wrong because of what they labeled me as. I had a great vaginal birth with my 9lb 10oz son now I automatically assume they will force me into a c-section because it's twins. I'm so scared of what is to come.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinning4 View Post
    Thanks Girliecat and congrats on your soon to be pink bundle of joy. Do you know what other testing they will need to do to determine which twin has the abnormality? They already put me in high risk category because of the twins so now I'm so scared something will go wrong because of what they labeled me as. I had a great vaginal birth with my 9lb 10oz son now I automatically assume they will force me into a c-section because it's twins. I'm so scared of what is to come.
    They can't force you into anything, so don't worry. I have found this place to be a very good resource. It is mainly for women who choose unassisted births, however, the info is valuable for any type of birth. The more you know, the higher chances you will have no complications, hope it helps somehow!:

The Center For Unhindered Living - Alternative Health Strategies, Mental Health Coping Strategies, Non-medical Childbirth Alternatives
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you I will take a look at the site.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of twins are born vaginally. If that is your goal, and there are no medical reasons not to, go for it. I have a friend who had twins unmedicated and vaginal with no issues. Another friend had one vaginal, then had a complication and baby #2 was by emergency c-section. It all depends on your body.

I am not sure what other tests they will want to do outside normal pregnancy tests. There are invasive tests like amnio but I think they have to have a reason or risk factor to go to those lengths.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast