Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

1st Baby Swaying for a Girl!

Hello All.

I have been swaying at home since early December and hope to have our first attempt this month as I will OV on 23rd Feb. I am 29 and at this time my Husband and I feel like we may only want 1 child and we would so love this to be a little girl.

I hope you might all be able to help me confirm I have been doing things right...

No breakfast
    3-4 cups of Coffee per day (sometimes decaf as caffeine can cause me headaches)
    No lunch really (this isn’t part of the sway, I generally do eat less during the day)
    Evening meals are vegetarian such a butternut squash chilli, homemade canellini beans on toast, Moroccan spiced stew, aubergine or courgette Pasta and be vegetarian sausages. Very little I have cheated, other than the odd Mini Egg chocolate and a bowl of ice cream.
    Red or White wine every evening

I haven't lost weight as I think I should be totally honest in letting you know I do suffer slightly with an eating disorder (one which I am working on reducing after conception).. I really, really am!! so sometimes I can eat a lot of calories in one go, but then get rid of them. I must stress this isn’t with high calorie food, it is always vegetarian or with very low nutritional value food.

I am worried that I haven’t done enough, it seems too simple to just alter my diet...

I can check my PH which is at about 4/4.5 but what about the supplements, douches? It seems that almost all of the recent sway updates have been Girls which is so fab to see, but I am worried I might mess this up.

Should I be taking Cranberry? What is this for?

I just want to make sure I have done everything I can and as have just finished AF today want to really do everything I can in the next two weeks on top of the diet change I have been doing previously.

Thank you guys - I read all your posts and know someone out there will be able to help!

I feel like talking to real swayers will really help!

I just also want to say that although I would love a little girl so much, after all this sway, if a little boy does prevail - he must have really wanted to be here and I will love him the same! Healthy baby is of course what I want!
    Last edited by Ashleigh.Carroll; February 13th, 2017 at 05:27 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also can anyone help me change my username?

Thank you!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi ashleigh

i really wish i had known about swaying before i had my first baby as i 100% would have swayed, so i completely understand you swaying for baby number 1 and i truly hope you get your little girl.

diet wise you sound spot on! coffee, alcohol, vegetarian foods with no snacks and long gaps between meals are all what is recommended for pink, dont bother with ph, douches or supplements (except folic acid)

the other main thing is only having sex once in your fertile window, but you sound like a really strong pink swayer to me

atomic will know if there is anything you need to alter with regards to your eating disorder im certainly not knowledgeable enough to advise on that, but i wish you all the best in overcoming it <3

i have no idea how to change your username im sorry!!

good luck with your sway xx
    now 6blue5pink

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleigh.Carroll View Post
    Also can anyone help me change my username?

Thank you!
    You will need to post in the forum help section and start a new thread to ask NBP the forum moderator to change it for you.

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your replies guys - feels great to be talking to people! 4 blue 2 pink I can't believe you have so many lovely babies!! Goodness... I might have to rethink the just the one. ��

I think it sounds like I am right with the diet then? Any suggestions on supplements/timing would also be fab.

Of course my DH is asking about frequent release vs abstaining. Does anyone have any advice? 4blue2pink? He thinks frequent... but of course I am dubious. I'm worried about the day too... on the first positive OPK or day of would you think.

Thanks guys, your help, time and advice is really appreciated.

Atomic if you are around your advice would be much appreciated! X

Xxx

6. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic told my husband to release every 2-4 days.
    Also for us to do e4d starting after period end, until a positive opk and then have intercourse that night and continue with the e4d. Also she may have something different for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    aww thankyou i love having a big family but can totally see the up-sides to having a small family too..especially on the days when my lot are being hard work!! you never know you may have your first and feel completely different to how you do now or you might feel truly complete with number 1

your diet sounds spot on to me, timing isnt a tactic now i dont think, its just one attempt at positive opk OR dtd every 4 days through your cycle so you still end up with only 1 attempt but you dont have to bother using opk's

far as your DH question goes i would say just let him do what he would normally do.. no more than normal and im not sure if abstaining does anything? far as im aware most pink swayers seem to be leaving their man to do his thing as and when he wants too.. but id wait for atomic to be totally clear on that!

i got pregnant last time dtd the day before my positive opk but they were always positive on cycle day 17 so i could easily predict it, if yours arent regular then just go for the day you get the positive result unless you opt for dtd every 4 days in which case you dont have to worry about opk's xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! With history of ED what I'd want you to do is just go vegetarian. I do not want you to get into a binge/purge cycle and we have good results even with vegetarian diets. No weight loss, we have not found that to be super predictive of gender conceived anyway (had plenty of opposites with weight gain or loss so let's please do what is healthiest for you here)

Overall your diet looks pink friendly and since you haven't had any children before I hesitate to have you start making a bunch of changes, because I think you may end up a) messing with your mind and your eating disorder and b) possibly swaying blue by making you so "detail oriented" about every bite you're putting in your mouth that it may even sway blue for you - being a control freak may sway somewhat blue so let's not do that.

I know it feels counterintuitive to do a simple sway, but we've found time and again that a ******lined approach of doing just what mainly works and dropping all the stuff that doesn't, works better. It's probably the control-freak element of it...the more stuff you do and worry about and stress over getting just right, the more "control freaky" you get and the more blue it sways anyway. So it's best to just do the stuff that really works - diet, exercise, coffee, alcohol, one attempt, and let go of the stuff that doesn't.

Cranberry did not seem helpful in our results and since it has risks I rarely use that for women any more. you can give to your husband if you'd like, follow dose on bottle.

Very few of us on here do douching. It's fine if you want to, but just use a storebought vinegar and water douche about 4-6 hours before attempt and nothing after. All the mixing and measuring with the lime douches, again, is a control freaky thing that may undermine a good sway.

Since you're only swaying for 2 weeks I want you guys in with one attempt at pos OPK, you can have your husband abstain for 7-10 days before if he's under 35 and do a daily release 7-10 days before if he's over 35.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2apples View Post
    Atomic told my husband to release every 2-4 days.
    Also for us to do e4d starting after period end, until a positive opk and then have intercourse that night and continue with the e4d. Also she may have something different for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes some of this stuff is different depending on lots of different things. I think ashleigh may want to start off doing abstain or FR instead.

11. Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleigh.Carroll View Post
    Thank you for your replies guys - feels great to be talking to people! 4 blue 2 pink I can't believe you have so many lovely babies!! Goodness... I might have to rethink the just the one. ��

I think it sounds like I am right with the diet then? Any suggestions on supplements/timing would also be fab.

Of course my DH is asking about frequent release vs abstaining. Does anyone have any advice? 4blue2pink? He thinks frequent... but of course I am dubious. I'm worried about the day too... on the first positive OPK or day of would you think.

Thanks guys, your help, time and advice is really appreciated.

Atomic if you are around your advice would be much appreciated! X

Xxx
    If he wants to do FR then let's go with that. Abstain and FR don't seem to be adding much if anything to our results and so it's always best to go with what your hubby wants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast