Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here. Swaying pink. Question regarding ovarian reserve

Hello!
    I am new here and would like to introduce myself: I am 38 years old, my DH is 40 and we have two adorable sweet boys (almost 3 and 9 months).
    We would love to complete our familiy with a daughter and after we talked about HT we decided to try home swaying for us. It just feels right for us and after lurking on this website for quite a while i feel that this community on genderdreaming offers not only great insight and science based knowledge but also gentle and very kind support!
    I have just purchased a personalized plan to TTC pink and i am going to fill out the forms soon. But i also have a question regarding my ovarian reserve: i am 38 and will be 39 in september. Therefore, i would like to know how many time we have left to conceive. Originally we wanted our kids to be very close together but the birth of our second son was very very traumatic (reanimation/ he started breathing on his own 15 minutes after he was born, thank god he is ok no), and we are still kind of recovering from the shock. This i why we like to take more time before we TTC again. Do you think that we could ask our doctor to check my reserve? Is that a common procedure?
    Thank you so much! I am very happy i found my way to this site
    2014 2016
    Due November 2018, with DS3

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can ask your doc to check your ovarian reserve but the unfortunate truth is the numbers only tell part of the story. No one really knows how "long they have left" to conceive. But just the fact that you did just have a baby indicates you are probably more fertile on average than someone who's never had a baby, or someone who's not had one since they were 21, as an example.

I would not wait forever, but I will tell you my personal story - I had my 4th son at 39 and then had my daughter when I was 42 (got pregnant at 41). I was not in a huge rush to get pregnant and just approached it like "what will be, will be". We were able to go 2 1/2 years between kiddos even despite my age. This is obviously not going to be true for everyone but that's how it worked out for me.

I'm so thankful your little boy is doing well now.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear atomic,

thanks so much for your reply! I am so happy that I found this site and I am so looking forward to put my sway together with your help!
    I will ask my doctor to check my reserve but what you said is pretty much what I think about my fertility: I conceived DS2 with one attempt diretly after a miscarriage at 7 weeks and I really felt that my body still knew from DS1 how "getting pregnant works". I did not know about swaying at that time at all and looking back EVERYTHING in my life was totally boy-friendy (except the one attempt after the miscarriage). Actually, my lifestyle still is very boy-friendly. Would you suggest to go on with that and then just start the opposite when I begin swaying pink or would you slowly incorporate pink-friendly things in my life (cutting out meat or skipping breakfast)? I plan to start my sway in august and TTC in November/December.
    2014 2016
    Due November 2018, with DS3

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would slowly incorporate changes now. I wouldn't bother skipping breakfast yet but going mostly vegetarian and cutting back on highly fortified foods would be a good idea.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ