Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Total Noob - Swaying Pink!

Hello all! We are just starting to try for #2. We have an active, loving 2.5-year-old boy at home and we would love to give him a little sister. I have heard of gender swaying, but I don't know much about it. I look forward to learning lots from this forum. I am very open to advice, so please let me know if you can think of anything that could help! I just got off of birth control, so I really have no idea what my cycle will be like. I have OPKs coming in the mail tomorrow, so I will start there. I got pregnant the very first cycle off of birth control with my son, so I hope it doesn't take too long this time!

DH and I are both 31.
    I eat 100% wheat free, low carb-ish.
    I am on Zoloft
    I exercise 4x per week for 45 minutes each time (Spin class)
    I need to lose about 10 lbs to be a "healthy" or normal BMI, but I am in pretty good shape.
    DH works out 4-5x per week, healthy weight.
    DH and I are both healthy, with no major medical concerns/issues.
    DH is taking buspirone (for anxiety).

Look forward to chatting with you all!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome

Cardio will sway pink more than weights. So spin class is ultimately good for you..but If hubby does more weights than cardio, this can sway blue for him and even if you are a 50/50 toss up as an example it would probably sway in his favor. building or maintaining too much muscle with spin class would also sway blue..i view that more as cardio personally but others may have a different opinion.

Is there a particular reason you cut wheat from your life? Personal question i know. I dont know if you feel or have been diagnosed as gluten intolerant or what. I ask because for 3 of my girls i ate alot of white bread...peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on white bread, white toast at restaurants, white buns for hot dogs and hamburgers...you see the pattern there lol I also got the current girl eating whole wheat breads. However my SIL who is wheat free 90% of the time she is having a boy. The healthier the diet the more blue it sways ultimately.

If you are serious about swaying the longer you can be on a pink friendly diet that atomic and others recommend the better your sway and better the chance for a daughter. If you can get him to DH should do the pink diet as well. Do either of you smoke? tobacco or 'the special stuff'? If you were really set on a daughter i would skip at least this cycle TTC and instead track your cycle, monitor with the OPK's and get a feel for it all and that gives you at least some time on a girl friendly diet and lifestyle and would help even the slightest bit so if you were TOO eager to TTC you could always start the following month once you have an idea of where you are at cycle wise

If you can lose that 10 pounds or more, it will actually help your sway. Weight loss for mom sways pink And if DH can gain some fat (NOT MUSCLE!) that would also help a pink sway. we are seeing 'heavier' dads sway pink. I cant help much on the diet...i eat more blue honestly yet still somehow have girls..but its probably how i eat and how often i eat that sways more pink than anything..You would want to skip breakfast entirely for sure. Diet sodas are popular amongst pink swayers!

Zoloft and anxiety meds for DH should only help a pink sway..fairly certain most medications sway pink..except antibiotics which can sway blue.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Coming off BCP, being on Zoloft for you and busipirone for DH will tend to sway pink anyway.

If there's any way to increase your exercise to 60 min. 4-6 days a week that may help.

Can you go vegetarian or is that not something you're comfortable with?

I would try to have only one attempt in the fertile window at least to start with. Most of us go for one attempt at positive OPK but if you prefer, you can aim for 2-3 day cutoff instead.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your input! I have a wheat allergy, so I am forced to eat gluten/wheat free, unfortunately. It is not by choice. Does the wheat itself sway pink, or would "gluten free" carbs like potatoes, corn, rice, etc. work too?

We do not smoke. We do drink alcohol often, but in moderation.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wheat does NOT sway pink and actually we've had excellent results with gluten free dieters swaying pink. yes it's fine to use potatoes, corn, rice to sway pink.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Someone was confused by this thread and just to clarify - just because it's fine not to eat wheat when swaying pink, this does not mean that you CAN"T eat wheat when swaying pink.

Foods in and of themselves do not sway. It is fine to eat wheat if you are swaying pink or blue as long as you tolerate it ok.