Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Mum and dreaming of blue

Hi everyone!

I've just become a mother to my lovely little girl, turning 3 months on Sunday.
    It's been a rollercoaster to me and my partner as it's our first but we've loved every second of being new parents! Some might think I'm crazy but I feel ready for another baby and I want to try for a boy.
    We however have been talking and he's said he's not ready to have another baby till our first is about a year or two old. To me that seems too far away and every month I just wish we could start TTC even more.

She's still breastfeeding near enough every hour (for comfort I bet, I've never given her a dummy) and every 2-5 hours at night.

Today I noticed EWCM when I wiped, could I be ovulating? Or do I have no chance breastfeeding so much?

And what are your experiences? Did you want to start TTC quickly after giving birth to hopefully get the blue/pink you wanted? And i would love to hear some success stories! <3

Oh and I wouldn't mind at all even if we got another princess, this one will definitely be a daddy's girl haha! Xxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome.
    Congrats on your new DD. I was going to say that the first few months are the hardest but the first 1-2 years are the hardest, just in different ways at different times.
    There are many women here who have bubs quite close together and they'll have plenty of stories for you but from a blue sway perspective it's thought better to wait longer between babies. Think the idea is that your body will have more fully recovered and replenished itself hence increasing overall fertility and hence swaying blue. GL
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi ive had all my kids very close together, my oldest is 6 and my youngest is 4 months, biggest age gap ive got between 2 babies is 17 months.. after having a baby im always pregnant again within 6-8 months, my youngest is currently 4 months and we are swaying/ttc again.

gender wise i have had both genders so it is definitely possible to get a boy with very close spacing but it does seem to sway pink and it is strongly recommended on here that blue swayers wait longer to give their body the chance to fully recover etc..
    however if you are dead set on ttc right away then i will add that my 2nd, 3rd and 4th boys were all conceived within the first 6 months postpartum, with my 2nd boy being conceived 4 weeks after a mid pregnancy loss.

personally i love having my kids very close in age but it isnt the best tactic for blue so you just have to weigh it all up i guess and as your asking for success stories my youngest is a successful pink sway with a 16 month age gap between her and her older sister and im back swaying pink again this time.

congratulations on your baby girl <3 good luck with everything and keep us posted with how you get on xx
    now 6blue5pink

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would really, really, really like to STRONGLY urge you NOT to TTC right now.

I think that close child spacing tends to sway pink, TTC while breastfeeding also may sway pink, and it's very hard on your body to be pregnant again this soon. I've seen people (accidentally) have babies this close and their teeth fell apart, they hurt their joints from all the pregnancy hormones, and it was just physically very hard to recover from.

But beyond this, I will tell you that as a mother of five children myself, there is a huge, huge, huge difference between a 3 month old and a 9 month old, 12 month old, 18 month old, etc. I think that proceeding now, is something you may come to regret when you have a very young toddler and a new baby to care for. It's a whole new ball game once they get mobile.

Plus, your babies only stay small for such a short while, I know it's a cliche but it's so terribly true, it can be a wonderful experience to allow yourself that bonding time at least for the first year because it is a time in your life you'll never get back again with her.

But, since I know that no one ever listens to stuff like that, I do want to state again, emphatically, that for the good of your blue sway, if for no other reason, do NOT TTC until your baby is at barest minimum 9 months old and 12-18 is probably better. Being in good physical condition and full fertility sways blue, and 3 months after having a baby, while still breastfeeding, means that you're not in optimal physical condition and nor are you fully fertile, even if you ovulate. Your body has mechanisms that act as primitive forms of birth control even if you are still able to get pregnant while they're happening (and breastfeeding and being only 3 months postpartum means that your body is under the influence of these mechanism). It's likely that these mechanisms may sway pink. Now, it doesn't mean that you can't conceive a boy still, these things are not 100%, but just that if you want optimal odds of a boy, I do not recommend TTC when your new baby is 3 months old.

Wishing you good luck whatever you decide and sending you a ton of blue dust.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes Mommy2apples, Pinklaundryplease liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Giirl, I have been dreaming about the boy since my first pregnancy. I just gave a birth to my third girl. She is as sweet as the other ones and I cannot be happier than now. But anyway, we wanted to have a boy and tried literally EVERYTHING from the science to magic hah! 4 Of course we are the happy parents no matter what gender our child is. The most important is for her to be healthy. Don’t bother yourself thinking about the gender too much. Pray for her/him to be healthy. I do not think any of the methods might work out though. It seems like we have tried all of them lol

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post