Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile PCOS troubles!! Do I have a good chance of Swaying Blue + Intro

Hello!!!
    Please forgive my novel in advance!

New to GD but I've been a member of another gender swaying forum for quite sometime now. I have PCOS with a significant insulin resistance, this information is new to me I'm still getting used to the new diagnosis as it's not quite been a year since I've recieved this bit of info. Before I was diagnosed with PCOS I had never had regular cycles not since my very first menstrual cycle at the age of 12, I also never suffered from cysts although I have a sister that randomly does. I was always told it's just how my body works I have two little ones a DS(10) and DD(8) and they were both conceived by pure luck, didn't have a cycle with either for 3-6 months before getting my bfps. I started late 2015 trying to get my body back in order to ttc after researching and confirming it is absolutely not normal to go a year plus without menstruating and tried with no luck initially to find a physician that would take me seriously! It took me until April of 2016 to find someone and thankfully she hit the ground running!! It was established that I had an estrogen dominance, elevated prolactin levels, and a tiny tumor on my pituitary gland due to the prolactinemia. Imagine my horror at the mention of a tumor, graciously they are never cancerous and I could sleep finally at night So of course I start my regimen of medication progesterone, bromocriptine, etc. and I feel confident that the sun is beginning to peak out from behind the clouds, until things still aren't quite right... I'll cut out all the in between since my post is bordering on an essay and sum it up. I've had two CPs, horrible random long cycles, 10 failed attempts (all swaying for a boy), two rounds of clomid (one ending in cp), a drastically thinned out lining, and it all ended with a trip to an RE and a PCOS diagnosis.

So here I am in 2017 still not pregnant, taking metformin, and experimenting (while still attempting to sway) with as many supps as I can handle!! My real question is...
    How likely is it that I can successfully sway blue while dealing with the difficulties of PCOS??
    I'm trying to stay hopeful but of course it gets harder and harder with each passing month.
    I currently am doing the HE diet while hoping to not blow up as it's not beneficial to my health, taking EPO, Fish Oils, Red Raspberry Leaf, Vit E, Myo-Inisotols, Folate, and a Multi Vitamin along with my prescribed meds. I think that's it. I'm sure I've missed some things but my brain is mush at the moment
    Any feedback you can offer is greatly appreciated and I'm looking forward to being a member of this community as I keep getting conflicting information from different sources on what works and I'd love to only have one place to go for all my GS TTC questions!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, your health has to be the priority. With PCOS, you should be on low carb. Is it due to BMI?

HE is probably not ideal for PCOS.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! Yes, you can sway with PCOS. I have a variation on the HE Diet for PCOSers in this thread, 5 from the top. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

I think you need to drop EPO and cut fish oil intake by 1/2 of whatever you were taking.

Drop Vit. E.

if you're on Metformin you don't need Myo and I'd wean off it.

I know lots of people who've been treated for pituitary tumors and went on to conceive boys and girls.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Well, your health has to be the priority. With PCOS, you should be on low carb. Is it due to BMI?

but we can do HE Diet with fresh fruits and vegetables instead of things like potatoes, grains, etc. I have good success with people doing exactly this.

Also forgot to mention - very most important thing...Vit X, Exercise! Great thing for both TTC a boy and controlling PCO.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post

Thanks soo much for the response!! I do not have a high bmi I'm within 15 lbs of a healthy weight for my height and build and from what my re mentioned it's due to a prolonged hormonal imbalance (probably most of my reproductive years) So I don't actually have cystic ovaries but I do have a significant insulin resistance, excess of androgen and testosterone present as well if I worded that correctly. I am however frightened due to the increase caloric requirements of the HE diet! I easily pack on the pounds (I can now attribute that to my insulin resistance) so I'd like to maybe not pack on so many.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome! Yes, you can sway with PCOS. I have a variation on the HE Diet for PCOSers in this thread, 5 from the top. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

I think you need to drop EPO and cut fish oil intake by 1/2 of whatever you were taking.

Drop Vit. E.

if you're on Metformin you don't need Myo and I'd wean off it.

I know lots of people who've been treated for pituitary tumors and went on to conceive boys and girls.
    Thanks for stopping by atomic!! I just read this thread the other day and was extremely inspired!!I do work out regularly so I got that on my side, I do however have a hard time putting down the carbs and sugar so I assume that may be the hardest to adhere to for me. I read that metformin swayed more towards pink so I was hoping to give them up for the myo-inositols is that an incorrect assumption?? I would love to not take either but my doc thinks realistically my body would quickly revert back to its previous no O no af state if I did do you have an opinion on my chances of a boy while on metformin?
    Thanks in advance for your help and advice!!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Myoinositol also probably sways pink and I think Met is much more effective (for PCO) so I want you to continue that.

The best thing you can do for getting off Met is limiting the sugar intake. It IS doable and most of us on here got boys even without gaining weight.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's gonna be my biggest obstacle I'm sure lol def a sugar addict. That will also be my top goal. I spoke to my re about letrozole does that sway either way I keep reading conflicting responses but I don't want to do anything extra to hurt my chance at a boy since this will more than likely be my last 😨😨
    I'm probably over thinking everything cause I'm soo afraid I'm gonna inadvertently do the wrong things!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    RE's don't know about swaying and they'd probably laugh. But a study done last year did show it swayed at least a bit. But that is overcomable with swaying and tons of people do get boys while on it.