Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I take a prenatal every day. I do actually do weights that incorporate legs and arms 2-3x a week. I've been working out pretty regularly for 2 years so I have a good build up, but my muscle is the most lacking. I'm afraid to not lose the 20 because it was so unhealthy how fast I gained it. I can go up in calories slowly starting now that's no problem. I will focus more on eating more calories, while maintaining my cardio and weights, than losing weight. But if I lose while doing more calories is that bad?

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately that's one of those crystal ball questions I don't have the answer to. I don't recommend losing weight before TTC a boy, and I certainly don't recommend losing 20 lbs. It is up to you, though. We have had some pink swayers who lost that much and did get boy opposites anyway, but it's not something I can sign off on as I do not think it's going to be your best shot at a boy, if that makes sense.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so I'm confused. Doesn't the blue sway call for exercise and high calories. If that incidentally causes weight lost, I think only cause I'm training for a marathon, then that's bad? Ugh I really wanted to start as soon as the marathon was over. I did eat a lot more today and it was rough lol. Mainly because it took so long to train myself not to constantly snack, but I tried to make sure it was all natural healthy options. I'm trying to decide about purchasing I think it might be necessary with all the questions flying through my head. Thanks for getting back, I think for right now I need to continue my cardio but I'll work on getting my calories up and incorporating more weights.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it calls for exercise and high calories. But we have NEVER once had any data or evidence that shows that the best way to do this is to lose a bunch of weight and gain it back again (and in fact some anectodal evidence that indicates that is NOT the best way to go about it.)

We also have a pretty big collection of evidence that intense cardio may sway pink. It is absolutely fine and dandy to exercise cardio 3 or even 4 days a week, but you CANNOT be eating 1200 cals a day! Again, that is the barest minimum I allow pink swayers to eat.

I am trying to optimize your chances of getting a boy. Doing what you're doing is not going to IMO be your best chance and so I would like to see you try to gradually eat more. I do not mean that you should now spin 180 degrees and stuff yourself, but that over the course of time you need to start boosting that # of calories up.

6. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree! I mean if I gradually up my calories and still lose weight (because I'm hitting cardio 5 days a week) is that bad. I'm not going to lie my plan was to try to lose fast and then gradually increase. But I don't mind doing it the way you think I should. Like I said my main goal in life is healthy. I know 1200 is low to some people, it's just my body has always gained on more.
    My question, do you think cardio 5x a week will hurt me if I gradually up to 2000 calories? I don't want to cut below that, although the last two days I've only done 2 miles, with longer weight training and up'd my calories. I don't want to put off ttc too long, but I don't want to die running this marathon either lol. Just curious on your opinion I'll have to make a decision obviously.
    Btw I hope you didn't feel like my last post was negative, just trying to wrap my head around it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1200 is low to ALL people LOL.

5x a week cardio (as long as it's 45 min or less) is fine on blue sway.

Then, you can add in weights TO that, but try to do them at a different time of day and eating at least one meal between. Again, no more than 45 min on that, 5 days a week max.

If you are gradually upping cals while doing this, and NOT losing weight (at least not much) you will be better off than doing what you're doing. Even if you gain a small amount you will be better off. I don't have a crystal ball to know if this is enough or if you'll get a boy doing this or not, but I do know you will have a better chance than eating 1200 cals a day and doing tons of cardio.

9. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I do 5x a week but I mostly do 3 miles, which only takes me 27 mins, so it should be easy to stay under 45 min, I only do 10 miles+ a couple times a month to be sure I can still handle it.. I've been trying to do weights mid morning and running at night.
    I also plan on taking coq10, wheatgrass and maybe a vit D supp but not until aug. I'm also a big coffee drinker, I plan to slowly come down to only 1 cup and switch to creamer from almond milk. If I up my calories, does that seem like a decent sway or am I not doing enough?

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, it calls for exercise and high calories. But we have NEVER once had any data or evidence that shows that the best way to do this is to lose a bunch of weight and gain it back again (and in fact some anectodal evidence that indicates that is NOT the best way to go about it.)
    I have a feeling it might have to do with the muscle issue. The "90% of people regain all of their weight and more" statistic on weight loss in the west can be attributed to the frequency of fad/crash dieting. People shed their muscle along with the fat because they lost so fast/cut too many calories and protein, etc., and fat is SO much easier to gain and attain than muscle that when they resume "normal" eating, they're further in the hole than before.

Tanya, like atomic said -- go at this gradually. I think you probably COULD still train and go for the marathon and not hinder a blue sway completely IF you got about it the right way. I know plenty of distance runners, especially marathon addicts, who got boys, but they were also fueling themselves properly.

You'll see the "cults" of people who swear 1200 is enough, or ok. It's not It kills me to see (mostly) women trap themselves in a cycle that so severely impacts health and quality of life.

So just to reiterate -- if you're in this for health, too, gradually up the calories from 1200 onward. Maybe don't even add in all the different HE steps from the get go -- no need to stuff yourself from day one. Maybe a snack a day. 100 calories more a day every week or so. Etc.

But yeah, 'losing fast so then I can gain' IS about as unhealthy as you can get!! It's not good for your body composition, it's not good for your hormones, it's not good for an eventual boy sway, it's not even good for your gall bladder -- it's why pregnant women have a higher incidence of issues with it, pre and postpartum!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I have a feeling it might have to do with the muscle issue. The "90% of people regain all of their weight and more" statistic on weight loss in the west can be attributed to the frequency of fad/crash dieting. People shed their muscle along with the fat because they lost so fast/cut too many calories and protein, etc., and fat is SO much easier to gain and attain than muscle that when they resume "normal" eating, they're further in the hole than before.

Tanya, like atomic said -- go at this gradually. I think you probably COULD still train and go for the marathon and not hinder a blue sway completely IF you got about it the right way. I know plenty of distance runners, especially marathon addicts, who got boys, but they were also fueling themselves properly.

You'll see the "cults" of people who swear 1200 is enough, or ok. It's not It kills me to see (mostly) women trap themselves in a cycle that so severely impacts health and quality of life.

So just to reiterate -- if you're in this for health, too, gradually up the calories from 1200 onward. Maybe don't even add in all the different HE steps from the get go -- no need to stuff yourself from day one. Maybe a snack a day. 100 calories more a day every week or so. Etc.

But yeah, 'losing fast so then I can gain' IS about as unhealthy as you can get!! It's not good for your body composition, it's not good for your hormones, it's not good for an eventual boy sway, it's not even good for your gall bladder -- it's why pregnant women have a higher incidence of issues with it, pre and postpartum!

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why not until August on the supps?? Start those bad boys now, especially the Vit. D.

Almond milk, I feel like we've been seeing quite a few opposites with people drinking that in high amounts.

If only running that 30 min. or so I think you're golden on that. But do up cals anyway.

Tea may be bluer than coffee so I'd switcheroo those. I got my 4 boys drinking lots of tea, and then my girl with coffee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast