Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

High AMH no other symptoms of PCO. Which diet - LE or LE-PCOS style TTC girl?

Hey Atomic!
    I'm totally new here and plan to TTC girl in about 1 year.
    I have a high AMH (6,3) and menstrual cycles in about 35-40 days. Ovulation most cycles. I am tall and skinny, BMI 17,6. My long menstrual cycles may depend on both the AMH and my low BMI.
    I have never eaten red meat or chicken in my life, bur eat fish about once a week, otherwise just vegetarian food. Normally I do snack throughout the day though. I have always been thin and have difficulty gaining weight. I have no other symptoms of PCOS than high AMH and sometimes anovulatory cycles. It took a long time before I got pregnant with my first son. I was investigated for infertility - no cause was found other than PCO-like ovary. After 4 failed IVFs, I was spontaneously pregnant with DS1. With DS2, I became spontaneously pregnant at the first attempt.
    I plan to purchase an individual sway plan closer to TTC.

My concrete question right now is: Should I start with regular LE diet or LE-PCOS diet?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Additional information, I am 35 years old (amh high in relation to age).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you actually DO have another symptom of PCOS in that you have long cycles. Now, yes, that can be because of the low BMI but it's also possible to be from PCOS-tendencies.

Being a vegetarian may make you more likely to develop PCO because of the carbiness of the diet choices.

What I want you to do is to go onto a modified LE PCOS-type diet, have fish 2x a week, 6 eggs a week, and full fat dairy every day. Get most of your carbs from whole grains, nuts, beans, and soy (unless you have thyroid issues in which case avoid soy) and fruit and veg. But I want you to EAT! Get enough cals so you do not lose any weight at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply Atomc!
    This sight (genderdreaming) is really amazing!
    I can understand that my BMI gives rise to thoughts - but truly I've never ever had an eating disorder or tried to keep my weight low. On the contrary, I have been trying to gain weight throughout my life. I eat a lot (and normally exercise quite a lot too.)

My plan is to go slowly into the LE diet. June-August, I was just thinking about finishing the snacking and try to stay at 4 meals / day. I am currently breastfeeding my 4 months old boy and have difficulty eating less than 4 meals/day. In September, I thought I'd go down to 3 meals / day and focus more on LE diet.
    However, I wonder about your recommendation to eat eggs, nuts and soya - isn't that boy friendly food?
    I am worried that the LE-PCOS style is so similar to HE food( especially when I not even know if I have pcos). In addition, your recommendation is really so similar to how I usually eat - and similar to how I was eating at the time and when I conceived my boys. Normally I eat a lot of whole grains, nuts, avocado, olive oil, beans / lentils, eggs (every morning), soy and oat products. I have always been snacking - but not so unhealthy things, more like nuts, carrots, broccolli, avocado, eggs and similar kind of food.
    My last question is about coffee - should I avoid coffee because of my AMH ??
    I do love coffee!

Thank you in advance Atomic! You are amazing!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There ARE no blue foods or pink foods. There is the overall nutrient content and pattern of your eating.

So if you are sticking in the limits for the day, you can have eggs, nuts, soy foods 2-3 times a week. That is NOT blue friendly. They eat WAY more calories, protein, fat, and eat far more often. The magic foods approach does not work and it never has.

Fact is, we have GREAT results with the PCO-type diet. If anything, better than the standard one. But I can't have everyone go onto the PCO-type diet because they'll lose gobs of weight, it's much more expensive and harder to stick to and not everyone even needs to do it so I keep both diets.

It sounds to me like you were eating a LOT of food, quite often, and so that is the kind of diet that sways blue. It's NOT the foods you ate per se. If you were eating an egg a day, a 1/4 cup of nuts, and two bites of avocado you would have been far more likely to get a girl than someone who was eating white bread and sugar 3000 cals a day worth (even if they were eating low protein).

You should NOT be doing a sway diet till your son is 6 months old. This is not open for negotiation or debate, he needs the nutrients in your milk and you need to give your body time to recover. You will NOT be helping yourself or your sway if you start dieting now. It is a very, very bad idea that will make your ovulation go missing and stay gone for a LONG time and you'll end up having to eat super blue friendly diet just to restore your fertility.

We have not found that as long as you're eating a PCO-friendly diet, that coffee harms PCOS at all. It's fine as long as you aren't eating doughnuts and coffee for breakfast, fries and coffee for lunch, pasta and coffee for dinner kind of diet (meaning, mostly empty carbs + coffee) and even then, it's only people with moderate to severe PCOS who even need to think about it at all and NOT the majority of everyone on this site who does NOT have severe PCOS.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ