Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl sway questions

Hello!

I hope this is the right place to put this, it's my first time posting. I have two awesome boys and we've decided to have a third child so I'm doing whatever I can within reason to just up the chances for a girl. I have some questions and hope someone can give me some reassurance that I'm going in a good direction. I started in very early June with the le diet and were thinking of ttc sometime in September. I'm trying to make this more of a lifestyles (temporary) change, so I'm thinking of only using the fitness pal app for another week or two and then less worrying less about it. I'm probably worrying too much with all this anyway, which is what I'd like some reassurance on so that I can relax into it more.

-speaking of relaxing... I'm sure everyone is different, but what's the best attitude to have- I feel great about swaying because I'm honoring my needs and don't feel like I'm doing anything too crazy, but then I also catch myself feeling negative often, thinking like "this won't even work anyway."

-I'm still in the process of weaning my 18 mo old from breastfeeding. We're down to 2 or 1 a day, and I'm wondering if it's at all beneficial for me to keep the once a day for a while until or through ttc.

-related to that, I've been eating the max calories fat and protein within the limits because of breastfeeding and also because I was already at my lowest adult weight after breastfeeding this time around and running around after my two boys. Either way, breastfeeding or done, I'm a little confused at how many calories I should be doing when I add in walking / cardio 4-6 times a week, considering that I'm still losing weight currently with this diet added in and I just started a few weeks ago. If I need to stop or slow weight loss (with cardio and BF or just with cardio if I'm still losing weight too much) do I up the calories, fat, and protein or just calories? I am 5'5" by the way and 146 lb which is the lowest adult weight I've been.

-does it matter if the time of day for exercise is the same every day? I'd like to think I'll do 6 times a week for 60 min but if it ends up being 3 or 4 is tnat still beneficial or is it then into boy land?

-I've been allowing small cheats on the weekends if we're at families houses and I just try to skip snacking and skip breakfast still, I just stay within or around the limits and have small amounts of the biggest offenders. Some things that feel like things I used to eat a lot of... I'm a little unsure about because of that, but I'm still within the limits--- like yogurt (fat free versus whole as before though), red wine, chocolate, cheese (within limits for all of this so that's probably less than I ate before, and before I smacked often)... bananas, Amy's veggie burgers (they have basically just veg and oats?), soy sauce ..... so these things make me feel like I shouldn't eat them at all because they feel like "me". I can switch to lighter alcohol if it matters- any other thoughts?

-coffee- I love, I'm glad to drink lots of it now and it helps me skip breakfast which was definitely something I never ever did before. And I ate eggs basically every day before. Anyway, I just do coffee with cream no sugar. How much cream is okay? I don't want to undermine the sway because it feels like a big feat to me that I'm able to skip breakfast (it's not as crazy as I thought!)

-in the past, OPKs have been confusing for me and given me two positives and all that- I've bought them to test out in the coming months for this sway but if I end up getting confusing signs again, should I just do E4D? If the OPKs work fine, then how often should we have protected sex leading up to the try? I would assume just whenever or like every few days for sperm health but ... what if one of the times bumps right up into the OPK day- is that bad?

-is having an orgasm still a bad idea?

Thank you for your time!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBabies2 View Post
    Hello!

I hope this is the right place to put this, it's my first time posting. I have two awesome boys and we've decided to have a third child so I'm doing whatever I can within reason to just up the chances for a girl. I have some questions and hope someone can give me some reassurance that I'm going in a good direction. I started in very early June with the le diet and were thinking of ttc sometime in September. I'm trying to make this more of a lifestyles (temporary) change, so I'm thinking of only using the fitness pal app for another week or two and then less worrying less about it. I'm probably worrying too much with all this anyway, which is what I'd like some reassurance on so that I can relax into it more.

-speaking of relaxing... I'm sure everyone is different, but what's the best attitude to have- I feel great about swaying because I'm honoring my needs and don't feel like I'm doing anything too crazy, but then I also catch myself feeling negative often, thinking like "this won't even work anyway."

-I'm still in the process of weaning my 18 mo old from breastfeeding. We're down to 2 or 1 a day, and I'm wondering if it's at all beneficial for me to keep the once a day for a while until or through ttc.

-related to that, I've been eating the max calories fat and protein within the limits because of breastfeeding and also because I was already at my lowest adult weight after breastfeeding this time around and running around after my two boys. Either way, breastfeeding or done, I'm a little confused at how many calories I should be doing when I add in walking / cardio 4-6 times a week, considering that I'm still losing weight currently with this diet added in and I just started a few weeks ago. If I need to stop or slow weight loss (with cardio and BF or just with cardio if I'm still losing weight too much) do I up the calories, fat, and protein or just calories? I am 5'5" by the way and 146 lb which is the lowest adult weight I've been.

-does it matter if the time of day for exercise is the same every day? I'd like to think I'll do 6 times a week for 60 min but if it ends up being 3 or 4 is tnat still beneficial or is it then into boy land?

-I've been allowing small cheats on the weekends if we're at families houses and I just try to skip snacking and skip breakfast still, I just stay within or around the limits and have small amounts of the biggest offenders. Some things that feel like things I used to eat a lot of... I'm a little unsure about because of that, but I'm still within the limits--- like yogurt (fat free versus whole as before though), red wine, chocolate, cheese (within limits for all of this so that's probably less than I ate before, and before I smacked often)... bananas, Amy's veggie burgers (they have basically just veg and oats?), soy sauce ..... so these things make me feel like I shouldn't eat them at all because they feel like "me". I can switch to lighter alcohol if it matters- any other thoughts?

-coffee- I love, I'm glad to drink lots of it now and it helps me skip breakfast which was definitely something I never ever did before. And I ate eggs basically every day before. Anyway, I just do coffee with cream no sugar. How much cream is okay? I don't want to undermine the sway because it feels like a big feat to me that I'm able to skip breakfast (it's not as crazy as I thought!)

-in the past, OPKs have been confusing for me and given me two positives and all that- I've bought them to test out in the coming months for this sway but if I end up getting confusing signs again, should I just do E4D? If the OPKs work fine, then how often should we have protected sex leading up to the try? I would assume just whenever or like every few days for sperm health but ... what if one of the times bumps right up into the OPK day- is that bad?

-is having an orgasm still a bad idea?

Thank you for your time!
    Me again! I just also wanted to add that on most regular weekdays I find it hard to reach the 1800 calories I set for myself bc of breastfeeding - I basically only feel like I'm hungry for two meals but because we eat dinner later and because of it being hard to get enough calories in two meals I eat three meals around 12, 3 and 7. But even then I'm using wine and candy to reach the goal and I think each day I'm not really fully making it to 1800 calories- so maybe with weight loss and breastfeeding and potential exercise I just need to make sure I really get 1800?

3. Likes Pink1980, Aaliyah liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, you need to be super sure you get to the 1800 or even more. Very important!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    with dropping MFP after a couple weeks - once you get the general idea, no need to track any more.

I only mention relaxing to prevent people from treating their sway as "Swaymageddon 2017" Not because I want you to forcibly relax. Just be sure you're not so stressed about relaxing that you are undermining yourself.

breastfeeding - personally I'd have you continue, even if once a day. I do think it sways pink. But the benefits may last a while even after weaning so let what is best for you and your family take precedence

Up cals from carbs mostly but if you have to fudge a bit on pro and fat to do this, it's ok

Whenever exercise works best for you is when you should do it.

Eating within limits is never cheating, and even cheating is allowed on LE Diet for three reasons - your sanity, social situations, and to give your body a chance to get some extra nutrients as it needs them. It makes it WAY easier to stick to the diet most of the time to allow cheats and it sets you up to fail if you do not let yourself ever indulge that way.

Coffee - as long as it's a tablespoon or so that's all good (even two) That is 50-100 cals in 1 to 2 T, little to no protein, and that will be quickly burned off. what I don't want people to do is have huge lattes with 2 cups of milk in them and call that "coffee."

Yes, it's fine to do e4d or even e5d instead of one attempt at positive OPK. If you do decide the OPK are working for you then you can do whatever in the early days - some choose abstain (if hubby under 35) or daily release or regular release every 2-4 days or even just letting him do what he does. If one of those protected releases ends up coming up on O Day it may cut odds of conception but it won't sway blue.

Orgasms - I have an essay here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html This is one of those things that we have seen results all over the map and while I doubt it can make or break a sway, most people do like to keep it in the mix.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so very much for your time and response atomic! I can't even believe you responded to me, I've spent a lot of time reading on this site, and it's like you're a celebrity. Thank you. If I have any more questions as we go, is it best to add them here or post a new thread?

7. Likes atomic sagebrush, MiaMelb liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whatever is easier for you! The only place I miss questions is in the support threads (the ones that are like 50 pages long and are the swayers cheering themselves on, simply because they move so fast) - but I will check back with most threads otherwise. So post where it's convenient for you.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello again!

I have another question, and probably more, but I've been trying to search and find answers to things as I come up with them instead. Something I would like to know more about though, is OLE / Licorice Root. I know you can't advise whether my husband should take it or not, but what have the stats for that been showing? Which is better? My husband is 33, and has a corn sensitivity, so he is actually currently working with a naturopath and taking some herbs and such to heal his gut (like L-Glutamine and Turmeric, also Nystatin because his stomach yeast levels were high-- sorry if this is all TMI)... so I know he won't be so keen on taking something else that may mess with anything. I did find a corn free OLE, and so if the stats are great he would probably take it. What is it actually meant to do that sways girl?

thanks so much!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Jumping on this thread because it is helpful the questions you asked but also because I probably drink 5 TBS of coffee creamer in my cup of coffee. Im always with in my calorie limits but do I need to stop? Im not sure i can choke the coffee down without it. Should I switch to caffinated soda instead? I do enjoy coffee with creamer
    MuddyRose
    2013 , 2014 , 2016 Tying to concieve

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Muddyrose,

I have two boys about the same age as yours. 2013 and 2015 (early 2013 and very end of 2015 though). Good luck and thanks for reading my questions.

12. Likes Muddyrose liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, we can't go off the stats, that's the thing. Big trends jump out but some things get very tricky in the stats (because the men who use them may be more set for pink or blue than the general population and this skews our results).

LR has gotten disappointing results of late. But on paper, biologically, it ~should~ sway pink and before about 4 years ago, both here and on IG got seemingly good results with it. It's something I never use for men with poor sperm health (who may be more set for pink) and I tend to drop it early on (meaning that people who get pregnant with it are highly fertile and have not been on a sway diet as long - both may sway blue). So I am not yet convinced that LR is bad for a pink sway, not even close, but it just isn't getting represented in our stats.

OLE has seemed to get good results, but no one has ever had any explanation about how it works (honestly, we don't KNOW what it's meant to do, there was a doctor in Australia that had some theory about it but no more info was ever forthcoming) And it's the opposite situation as the LR - only people with poor sperm health or older men (more set for pink) have been using it, and then I also eventually have couples switch over to it if they don't get pregnant on cranberry for a while. So again, I'm not convinced that OLE is even doing anything at all beneficial to a pink sway regardless of what the stats appear to say.

That having been said, LR is meant to be good for the stomach and OLE is taken by people to get rid of yeast sometimes so it may be something to run past the naturopath to see if they could benefit him anyway.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast