Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Swaying Pink with Questions :)

Hi all!

I'm new here and swaying pink! My husband and I have two handsome little guys, and we're both dreaming of a baby girl. We were initially planning to only focus on cut-off timing since I love boy foods too much, but my cycles are so crazy that I don't think timing it perfectly is possible. I recently stocked up on girl friendly foods & cranberry supplements, and had my first "diet day" yesterday. I honestly don't know how I'll survive it. I am a small girl with a big appetite!

Atomic, I've been reading through your posts & essays; I love all of the info! Thank you for investing so much time into this site and helping others! I have a question for you... With my boys, I didn't get pregnant right away (one took 6 months and the other took 3 months with A LOT of trying). I didn't fall pregnant with them until I took Mucinex, which a family member suggested. I had no idea that it sways blue until now and I just came to the realization that maybe I could have a girl without so much effort. I do want to mention, however, that I accidentally fell pregnant 5 months ago, when I ovulated right after my period, but it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Given all of this, do you think it would be wise to try the girl diet? Or do you think it could possibly hinder us from getting pregnant at all by further reducing CM? At this stage in life, my ph is usually around 5.5. I have no idea what it was back when I got pregnant with my boys though. Any advice?
    Last edited by kimberly687; August 26th, 2017 at 01:22 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI and welcome!

Yes, I'd still absolutely recommend a sway diet. The diet we use on this site is not hard to stick with and is much less harsh to fertility than some diets are. Additionally we have even more fertility-friendly optional diets to use as well if we need to. But for now, can you tell me a little more about your previous conceptions?? Were you trying to sway with them?? It is not at all unusual for it to take a while with a first pregnancy, that is super common...some people, it's as if their body just needs to figure it out. And 3 months is right in totally normal range, nothing wrong with that at all! (and actually, 6 months is too - the average is 3-6 months!)

I would not have you do cran supps though. We found them to do nothing and they have risks and side effects that were actually very serious so we've moved on from them. you can give them to your husband if you'd like.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Noemi2017 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your response! We were not trying to sway with our first; we just wanted to get pregnant ASAP, so we would BD a lot. Multiple times a day, almost every day for 6 months. Imagine our exhaustion!! Looks like the only day we didn't BD that cycle was on ovulation day. With our second, I was aware of swaying but I didn't have willpower to do any of it. We would BD every other day and just hope for a girl. Looks like we BD'ed 1 day before ovulation and 4 days before ovulation with him. I have it all charted-- looks like I had a lot of watery and EWCM those cycles, probably from the Mucinex.

I definitely had a diet consisting of high sodium and lots of red meat, pork & chicken. I believe I consumed a lot of dairy too.

In the last year, I have not been eating/drinking much dairy and have been taking magnesium supplements (for reasons unrelated to this). I've also been taking the same prenatal vitamin since 2010 (before first DS was born).

My DH is very impatient about having another baby and we did BD this cycle. As of right now, it appears that I ovulated yesterday. He had abstained for 4 days and we only BD'ed once, 2 days before ovulation. I saw your advice on that being a huge factor, so I tried to implement that above everything else for our short time frame. We also used missionary and no O for me. I used Rephresh about 9 hours beforehand, since my CM is usually 5.5-5.75-- and it brought it down to around 3.5-4. I have only been doing the girl diet for about 4-5 days now and didn't have much CM this cycle. Hoping that helps a little bit. I will continue on with the LE diet. Luckily I had stopped the cranberry, the day before ovulation. This cycle was a total mess and I'm not feeling good about it. I've had positive OPK's since CD 5 and as of right now it appears (according to my temp spike), that I ovulated on CD 11-- which is very unusual for me. We shall see!
    Last edited by kimberly687; August 30th, 2017 at 08:23 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you post your chart Kimberly??? I may be able to decipher it.

Your boys are adorable!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agh yes as it sits now I don't think you've ovulated prior to now, but it may have just happened. Temp rise will tell the tale!!! That was a nicely timed BD, you're in with a chance of conception, sending you tons of pink dust!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your input! Hopefully I will report back with good news in a few weeks!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic... My temp stayed up this morning, 97.8 (yay!).. So my chart looks exactly like I projected. I have been confused about something though. I had lots of saliva ferning earlier in my cycle (along with the positive opks), but no clear temp rise. I didn't have any ferning around when FF says I ovulated though... Like none what so ever. I do have to admit that I don't wake up at the same time every day and haven't been sleeping well. Do you have any knowledge on why I wouldn't have gotten a ferning pattern? That way I can apply it to my next cycle, if this one isn't successful. Thanks!! ��

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The ferning has been hit and miss for us. What can happen is that whenever your body kinda thinks about ovulating, you can get the ferning, but then sometimes your body changes its mind and decides "eh, not quite yet" and then backs off. So the ferning goes away. And then sometimes the ferning isn't detected even around O.

BUT that having been said, it is actually still possible that the opposite is true - that it's your temps that are misleading us somehow (possibly thrown off by those high temps early in the cycle) and that the ferning and first OPK was actually the correct one.

I know that is a really lame and unsatisfying answer but unfortunately, all these things can be wrong...OPK, temps, ferning...they can all mislead us especially given that your body can gear up to O (and have OPK/ferning) and then not complete the process.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic! I got a faint positive pregnancy test tonight!! My chart was a HOT MESS this cycle, but I think I finally have it figured out now that I have a +. I had a small dip in my chart 2 days ago, which would line up with implantation.

I'm wondering if you can look things over to see if I have a decent shot at a girl..? I'll attach my chart and a few more details! One hour before we DTD, I used a store bought vinegar/water douche. I had been using Rephresh every 3 days, but my last use was 4 days prior (this was a last minute attempt so that's why I went for the vinegar). Missionary position (very, very shallow). No O for me. Jump & dump. I had been doing the girl diet for a few weeks, which was a drastic change for me. There was only one attempt. Whatcha think!? I still can't believe it's positive after all this crazy stuff! Thanks for the support! Name:  aug-sept_chart.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  172.7 KB

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by johigarcia View Post
    Hello kimberly687, I'm really sorry about your situation. But you have two wonderful kids. I hope you will get a princess soon.
    Hi there! Not sure if you read my most recent reply to Atomic, but I found out that I am pregnant (last night)! Whether it's our 3rd boy or our first girl, we will be happy to add him or her to our family!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast