Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did I do a good girl sway?

Ok so I love love love this site and all of the information IÂ’ve read thus far. Of course I discovered this site during my 2WW so knew some aspects of swaying but not nearly as much and guess what...now IÂ’m pregnant! So now IÂ’m looking back in retrospect to see if I did a good girl away or not.

HereÂ’s my quick background. Conceived baby #1 (a girl) first month of trying. Did not know anything about swaying and honestly I donÂ’t remember every aspect of my life at the time but knew we DTD the night before my positive OPK. Baby #2 took 4 months of trying and I got my little boy! I thought the month I conceived him I was out because we DTD 2 days before a positive OPK and 3 days afterwards. This time around we were going to wait until April to start trying but it just happened back in February. We only DTD on Sunday then Saturday I got a positive OPK in the afternoon and we DTD that night and that was it. IÂ’ve read briefly on here to get a girl you want to aim for only once in your fertile window so IÂ’m hoping since I did that that thatÂ’s in my favor for a girl. I was also on top and I honestly thought hubby pulled out completely but apparently not and released just in time.

Here are my questions as to if they were a good girl away tactic or not:
    1. Timing. Like I said we did it twice that month only and only once in fertile window so that is a god girl sway tactic correct?
    2. Position- not sure if that really means much either way.
    3. CM - on Wednesday and Thursday I remember being so wet and wrote down EWCM and then some on Friday but Saturday and Sunday I wrote down creamy and or watery. Is creamy better for conceiving a girl?
    4. Diet - so okay IÂ’ve apways been skinny my whole life and one of those people who can eat whatever they want and not gain weight. With my first two I was skinny but my BMI wasnÂ’t below average. IÂ’m 5Â’5 and weighed around 114 pounds. Well after my son was born I noticed losing more weight than before and before I got pregnant with this baby I weighted 107. I even went to the doctors in January to make sure everything was ok as I knew we were going to start trying for another baby soon. I think my problem is not what I ate but just not eating enough of what I was eating. I usually eat toast for breakfast and sandwich or pasta for lunch and pasta or chicken or pork with fruit or veggies for dinner. If I had a snack it would be like a protein bar. I did give up bananas and cereal as I read that they strongly sway blue. I drank maybe a glass of 2 percent milk a day or every other day and then just drank water. I was drinking alcohol mixed with 💯 cranberry juice about every 2-3 days before conceiving this baby. I love potatoes but really cut back the last few months. On two or three mornings a week I would eat eggs and potatoes casserole or bagel for breakfast. Would you say my diet was more girl or boy friendly? I kept at my weight because at 107 I didnÂ’t want to lose anymore weight.
    5. Hubby has been very stressed with his dadÂ’s health and work so heÂ’s been drinking an alcohol drink or two every night of vodka and diet pop and has lost a few pounds. Does his diet really contribute a lot in a sway?
    6. I read in her stuff about moon phase and sign and I conceived this baby in February after a full moon just the beginning of the waxing faze in Peises so I think that is a double girl whammy. Not that I knew anything about this earlier but it makes me feel better now weather I truly believe it or not.
    7. Also my daughter was born in December and son was born in June and they say more girls are born in the winter months and boys in the summer and that hold true for me. Would you say conceiving in February with a baby expected to be born in November help for a girl?

Thank you all, especially Atomic, for reading all of this! IÂ’m blessed to have one of each and honestly my daughter is the one who really really wants a sister and I failed on baby #2 so IÂ’m hoping and praying I give her that sister sheÂ’s always wanted. As much as she loves her brother of course. I have two brothers and no sisters myself so I get it. Thanks!!!
    Baby Girl December 2013
    Baby Boy June 2016
    Baby #3 Due November 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats!

Timing doesn't sway but one attempt does sway pink (as in BD one time in the fertile window). You had two attempts in the fertile window (you said you DTD saturday and sunday, right? Or did I misread that?) Position doesn't sway either and neither does CM.
    Bananas don't sway blue but cereal seems to because it's often fortified. I can't really say if your diet was pink or blue friendly as individual foods don't sway. It's your total intake that matters more (calories/fat/protein) and whether or not you were snacking a bunch.
    DH's diet doesn't matter that much, it's more of DW but it can help if he's vegetarian/vegan, smokes, bike rides. Alcohol may help too.
    Moon phases/signs don't sway and there's no science to back it up. Conceiving in March-May is said to help sway pink A LITTLE and the same goes for conceiving boys in Sept-Oct (vice versa if you live in the Southern Hemisphere). You can definitely still get a boy in the "girl" months though. I conceived DS3 in the month of April while swaying pink. My other two boys were conceived in summer time so not in the so-called "boy" months.

We can't tell you what you're having as there's always a chance at pink or blue, swaying or not. Either way you're getting another little baby to snuggle! Congrats again
    Last edited by ksmom; March 12th, 2018 at 09:21 AM.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer not to go over sways that have already ended in conception. I can't tell you what your baby's gender is (even with perfect sways, you can always get an opposite, of course) and it's not an effective use of my time. So I'll say huge congrats and I'm happy if the site helped you in any way! Tons of pink dust headed your way!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply! Well we DTD on Sunday the 11th and then not again until Saturday the 17th when I got a positive OPK so that would be only one day in fertile window. I know you can’t sway 💯 but it is very interesting to hear what people are doing and what gender they are getting. I wish I knew better how many calories but I really wasn’t tracking at the time. Is diet and number of attempts what helps sway the best?
    Baby Girl December 2013
    Baby Boy June 2016

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    Baby Girl December 2013
    Baby Boy June 2016

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there! Just wanted to pop on here to also say congrats!! We made a girl sway attempt as well and we found out a few days ago that I'm pregnant with #3. �� What's your estimated due date? I'm due around Thanksgiving. I'm so excited to find out, as we are blessed with two boys already!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations to you as well! How exciting!! My estimated due date is around November 10th. We are very excited about adding a third little one to the family. I am the third baby and have two older brothers and may have been a bit spoiled because of that so all the pink dust to you! I wish I knew more about gender swaying before becoming pregnant. What did you do to help sway pink? I’m hoping my 1 attempt at Positive OPK and the fact I’m at my lowest weight in a very long time will work in my favor. TBH I have one of each and the only thing I remember was that I ate a ton of bananas and it took me longer to conceive my son. This baby and my daughter was first month of trying.
    Baby Girl December 2013
    Baby Boy June 2016

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, we tried swaying twice before and I lost both of those pregnancies, so I've kinda been at this swaying thing for a while lol. With this pregnancy, we made one attempt, 2.5-3 days before ovulation. (Our attempt was a day before a positive opk). Missionary, shallow, no O for me (and no fun lol). Our attempt was right after his hot shower. I kicked my exercise up from 40 mins a day to 65 mins a day. I cut my calories a bunch in the two weeks before ovulation, but had also been semi-mindful of what I've been consuming over the last 6 months. I haven't lost any weight. Hubby was drinking lots of Mountain Dew and taking cranberry suppliments. He's also 35 now, which hopefully will help a bit. I feel like I could've tried harder with the diet but I was so miserable. I love meat, potatoes and salt too much!�� I guess I can enjoy now that I'm pregnant. Hopefully this one sticks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jenk0825 View Post
    Thank you for your reply! Well we DTD on Sunday the 11th and then not again until Saturday the 17th when I got a positive OPK so that would be only one day in fertile window. I know you can’t sway �� but it is very interesting to hear what people are doing and what gender they are getting. I wish I knew better how many calories but I really wasn’t tracking at the time. Is diet and number of attempts what helps sway the best?
    We get good results with diet, exercise, number of attempts - but you can still get a girl without any of those things! Good luck and tons of pink sparkly dust coming your way!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m sorry to hear about your losses. Hopefully this little one sticks for you! I’m the same way love meat and potatoes but I really did cut back on red meats a lot. Were your pregnancies the same or different with your two sons?
    Baby Girl December 2013
    Baby Boy June 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast