Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zivic-Bubac I am sorry your sway didn't work but you just gave me some more hope so thank you.. I think I may be the only pink swayer taking them but I'm ok with that. Wouldn't it be great if there was a magic bullet!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Strawberrymom, I just wanted to let you know I am swaying pink and am taking them. It just didn't feel right to me to stop. I know it may sway blue but with everything else I am doing, if I still have a boy I am definitely not going to blame it on one tablet a day. I am also 38 and want to be as heathly as I can on this crazy diet and it makes me feel slightly better for taking it.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrymom View Post
    I was wondering what others felt about prenatals and swaying pink. I know they aren't recommended, but at 38 I feel them necessary for health especially being on LE and all. I know this might sway blue but hoping other pink factors outweigh. What is everyone else doing- yes/no prenatals or maybe just in 2ww?
    I had three healthy girls at 32, 34 and 36. I was never on any pre-natals until I found out I had fallen pregnant (mainly because we fell pregnant about 5 minutes after deciding to have another one). I also am a text book girl diet person.
    Good luck over 35's. I'm swaying blue and due to O in a fortnight but just woke up with gastro...not happy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this thread is old but I had been taking pregnacare conception for 3 months before I fell pregnant with DD on an oops DTD before we had planned to TTC. I am a veggie and was on a diet at the time and because we weren't TTC I J&D after DTD.

So I agree that vitamins are not a magic bullet when there are other sway factors in play
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a pink swayer who takes them. After multiple miscarriages, including a late loss, I was strongly advised to do so by a perinatologist. As someone else has said, I'd rather risk an opposite than a sick baby (or another loss). I do diet (lately have been doing it well) and Clomid to sway--and I think you can still have a strong sway even with extra vitamins (especially since your body probably doesn't absorb the nutrients from prenatals as well as it does the nutrients in food).

Edited to add: I was taking prenatals for a couple of months before I conceived DD#2 (healthy full term baby). I was not taking them beforehand with DD#1, or any of my losses. I'm quite sure it's totally possible to conceive a girl while taking them, especially if many other factors in your life favor pink.
    Last edited by sugarNspice; March 9th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started taking prenatals a couple of months before I got pregnant with DD#2, and I was swaying blue but ended up with another little girl. I was on Nestabs DHA (two pills a day, the prenatal and a DHA gel capsule). Living proof here that taking a prenatal prior to getting pregnant does not necessarily mean you will end up with a boy!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this thread is really really old but I just wanted to add to it in case someone else takes a look. I have always taken Elevit prenatal multivitamin for pre-pregnancy and breastfeeding. I had two boys and a girl in between so I don't believe it to be a sway factor. I wasn't taken it, or any vitamins, between week 6 and week 10 of my last (4th) pregnancy and I ended up miscarrying at week 10. I have since read that for us older women it is VITAL for a healthy sticky pregnancy that we are at least taking high levels of folic acid, and I believe we should be taking a prenatal as well. As most other lady swayers believe, there are several factors that play a role in swaying and it is important to follow all of them if you want to be completely successful.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gosh I remember seeing this all those ages ago, she must have posted in more than one forum and I must have replied to a different one.

The absolute fact of the matter is that no one on the Planet Earth took prenatal vitamins before only a few decades ago and they are not necessary for a healthy pregnancy to take before conception. I WOULD NEVER recommend anyone do anything that could "make babies sick" or whatever. Folic acid/folate is the only nutrient ever shown to prevent issues with a baby when taken prior to conception. Starting prenatals at BFP is perfectly safe and fine and that is my recommendation for a healthy pink sway.

I completely understand the concern, but I will tell you my story which is at 36 I got pregnant while taking a prenatal containing 800 mcg folic acid (in addition to extra calcium and Vit. D, plus DHA during pregnancy) and had a child with a neural tube defect. This concerned me so much that I continued prenatal and extra folic and lots of other nutrients (calcium, mag, Vit. D, B6, probiotics, plus DHA supps before and during pregnancy.) and got a 4th BOY at 39. With my pregnancy at 41 (birth at 42) I did not take prenatals and got a happy healthy baby girl.

My baby with issues, I was taking everything I was supposed to take! My DD, I wasn't taking prenatal and she did not have issues. TAKE THE FOLIC ACID or folate in the amount that is suggested (1200-1600 mcg for pink sways). Start prenatal at BFP. This is what the best medical research indicates and what is also recommended by many doctors and medical researchers.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    I know this thread is really really old but I just wanted to add to it in case someone else takes a look. I have always taken Elevit prenatal multivitamin for pre-pregnancy and breastfeeding. I had two boys and a girl in between so I don't believe it to be a sway factor. I wasn't taken it, or any vitamins, between week 6 and week 10 of my last (4th) pregnancy and I ended up miscarrying at week 10. I have since read that for us older women it is VITAL for a healthy sticky pregnancy that we are at least taking high levels of folic acid, and I believe we should be taking a prenatal as well. As most other lady swayers believe, there are several factors that play a role in swaying and it is important to follow all of them if you want to be completely successful.
    This is in no way meant as a reproach in any way, I'm very sorry for your loss, and I hear where you are coming from but just because some people have gotten girls while taking prenatals does not mean that it is going to be the best sway for people. We have 80% success rates for blue with prenatals.

I will reiterate my advice which is for everyone to be on high levels of folic acid or folate before conception and to start a prenatal AT BFP. I have never said that people should not take a prenatal DURING PREGNANCY this advice is pre-pregnancy alone.

EVERY pink swayer should be on 1200-1600 mcg folic acid or folate before conception. If over 35 you should be on 2000. If history of unexplained losses or baby with NTD you should be taking 4000. Everyone start prenatal and DHA supps upon getting BFP.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for clarifying Atomic Sagebrush. I'm certainly to happy to take your advice and just start with folic acid and then go to prenatal multivitamin when/if I get a BFP. Given my age (43) and the fact that I had the recent miscarriage at 10 weeks would you recommend I take more than 2000mcg of folic acid? it wouldn't hurt if I was to take 4000mcg per day would it? I have in my cupboard some called Megafol 0.5 where each tablet contains 0.5 mg (def mg) of folic acid. What do these equal in mcg? Thanks Hun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast