Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TEchnically it's Monday and Fri but I think in your case it would be best to up that to Mon/Thurs for better chance of catching the egg.

Just reading a biography of Stephen Crane (author of The Red Badge of Courage) and his mom had him when she was 45 and that was in the 1860s!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Sorry I'm still learning my way around the forum.
    Thank you all for responding. So very thoughtful and helpfu and great advice.

Usuallywrite you are so blessed with so many children. Hope you get your lucky #7 :-)

Zivic-bubac. Congratulations! Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy.

Mumofsix. Wow 6 boys! Can't imagine how busy your life must be;-) I'll keep my fingers crossed for your BFP with a little girl for your family.

Little Lunasa. Congratulations! You have given me a little bit of hope.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic I'm impressed. You have time to read ;-) I haven't read a book since I was pregnant.
    I have a few more questions for you of that's ok.

Should I keep taking prenatals? They have 800 mcg folate so do I adjust the amount from the 4000 mcg you recommend ? Also, should I continue taking the prenatal dha? Or the cal-mag?

Which method should we try first? SMEP or every 3 days + 1 at +opk?

Just want to thank you for all of your help and the wonderful work you are doing helping so many families. You are awesome!!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops. Forgot to thank the anchor for the great advice. Hoping for a BFP for you too!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I didn't have internet for like 5 days straight there, so I got ambitious LOL Not the usual state of affairs, unfortunately.

I personally think the prenatals sway blue and if you start them at BFP then it's more than enough time for a healthy pregnancy. (same with DHA - great during pregnancy but may sway blue). It is YOUR call to make though. Do what feels right in your heart because you ahve to live with that - even though I think it's perfectly safe and got my daughtr at 41/42 without them, I know many people aren't comfy with it.

I don't think calcium sways pink and I also don't think it's safe for those of us over 40 to take unless we have bone densitiy issues. It may cause or contribute to heart attacks.

I'd start with every 3-4 days plus one at pos OPK.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic! And I had no idea about the calcium possibly affecting heart. Only started taking them because somewhere had heard they might sway pink. So will stick with folate and coq10.

Now if I can just switch upt diet quite a bit. You have So much info. Very awesome and a little bit daunting. I need to go read it again. I think it was something like lots of veggies, little fruit, little chicken and eggs, little whole dairy, white rice sweet potatoe and white potato?

Have a beautiful day!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of us got BOYS while taking frightening levels of ye old calcium supplements and went onto get girls without them (myself included)

For the fertility friendly alt-diet you drop wheat all together. Potato, white rice, and any higher carb veg is still allowed on the fertility diet provided you have no history of PCOS

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies, your posts give me hope :-) I am 39, pregnant with DS#3. I was planning to start swaying in a few months but this little guy had his own plan and somehow made it through Now while being excited to meet him, I still can't give up a desire to have a daughter one day. If we decide to TTC again, I will be 41-42 by then since we want to wait till DS#3 is at least 2 years old (DS#2 and DS#3 will be only 20 months apart, so I don't think I will manage another baby right away). Sometimes my age scares me but on the other hand there are so many women nowadays having kids in their 40s! My DH's coworker has 4 children - #1 was born when she was 38 and #4 at 44!

Songbird - I wish you best of luck to get you second baby, I believe you will have your BFP pretty soon!
    DS1 - April 2010
    DS2 - March 2013
    Hoped for a but blessed with another
    EDD 12 December 2014!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I had my daugher at 42, got pg with her when 41. I do think the scare talk is overblown - it may take longer but many of us are still perfectly capable of having heatlhy normal pregnancies into our 40's.

10. Likes Aura liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - I know this is an old post but I'm just checking to read what is read here so I can follow it as well, since it applies to me too. Should I then be having unprotected sex with DH every 3-4 days and an extra attempt at positive opk? Just checking as I thought you'd advised me to use condoms for the every 3-4 day attempts and making just ONE only attempt without condoms at positive opk. Have I understood correctly? I was also concerned about reading what you wrote about calcium and the heart issues as one night around a week before I miscarried I woke up in the middle of the night with pains under my right upper rib cage and back and felt dizzy (like a gallstone attack only I'd already had mine removed earlier this year). I'm certainly just going to take the folic acid and Coq10 this time round and maybe the prenatals 3x a week until BfP and then daily.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast