Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any advice ttc at 44?

Hi. I have never posted on any forum anywhere so please forgive my newbieness.

I am 44 and had my first child (surprise) right after I turned 42. I was told when I was 13 it was unlikely that I would have children. Not enough progesterone maybe. Well my son is the light of my life and becoming a mother is the greatest gift I could have ever imagined. Now I am longing for a sibling...' a daughter would be lovely but we would be so happy for a son as well.

Currently i am on weight watchers as I am 25 lbs overweight since last pregnancy. I eat
    very little meat and walk daily. My husband is healthy and 39.

Is there any chance left for a healthy pregnancy? Is there anything we can do to improve our chances ? With my age I don't dare to attempt a sway but wish I had tried with this info earlier. Would preseed or rephresh or things like that help? I am still taking prenatals. Also I am still breastfeeding and wonder if that is reducing my limited chances even more? One last question ...I have been doing opk for 7 months and have been getting :-) 4 to 5 days after AF. We DTD some months almost daily during fertile week and other times every other day. Do you think it's too much? Better to just DTD on +opk or day after ?

Sorry to ramble. My mind says to just be grateful for my beautiful boy (which of course I am) but my heart aches for just one more. Thanks for listening. Peace & Love

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am fairly new as well, but just wanted to say never say never. When I had my 6th baby last August at 40, I joked with my midwife about being her longest standing client and probably her oldest mum. She said "You are not even close!". She had had a lady, at age 50, have her first baby the year before. I plan to try for our lucky #7 until it is clear there is absolutely no way it's going to happen, or until I feel strongly it's time to stop. Thank goodness you have your little boy, and I completely understand that feeling of the first one showing you just what you had been missing. They're pretty remarkable, these little people. Best of luck to you.
    '00, '03-'13 , '06, '09, '11, '13
    Hoping for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there!
    I have a neighbour who is 44 and is expecting her 4. baby, so yes, it's very possible
    I believe at our age (I'm 42) it's better to DTD as often as possible in order not to miss the egg and to have enough fresh sperm waiting when the egg pops out.
    You might want to take good Prenatals, 2000mcg folic acid daily and CoQ-10, to help get pg.
    There's a Stcky about it that Atomic wrote, I'll try to find it for you.

By the way, I took toms of supps when TTC DD3 and got myself a healthy baby, and this time aI took nothing as it was totally unplanned.

Don't give up! if you already have one baby, it will happen again eventually!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

4. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! What a beautiful post about your surprise little man after being told you may not have children. So heartwarming. 💜💙

I think being on WW, the weight loss and low meat will help you with an "unofficial pink sway" 😉 and I'd try the one attempt at pos opk.

I wish you all the best of luck! And can't wait to hear more from you and see you get your BFP. 😊
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, don't give up hope! I'm 43 and expecting my third in about a week or so
    I lightly swayed for a girl with the help of an individual plan from Atomic and it worked. For me, the advice was to dtd every 4 days and one extra at +opk. DH is 44 so abstain was not recommended, he took olive leaf extract and folic acid. My supplements were high dose folic acid, and COQ 10 for egg quality. I loosely followed the LE diet for about 6 months.
    Best of luck, think positive and don't stress
    By the way, it's thought that being a little older sways pink

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

7. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI!
    You don't have any time to lose...you've got to get pg right away. Not trying to stress you out, but you've got to get to work to catch that golden egg.

I would recommend the SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan):
    Sperm Meets Egg Plan

And atomic's fertility diet - 5th post down on this page:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

I had DD at 36 and DS at 37. A m/c, had just turned 40, in Oct 2012. I have been TTC (not swaying) since then...a chemical and an early m/c but nothing. We haven't given up yet, but at our "advanced" years it will take a little longer...Good luck to you
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, there is still a chance but we have to hit it hard and fast.

I would keep doing just what you're doing with exercise and weight loss. I would like to see you switch diets to something more fertility friendly and I have a diet that can sway pink and help with your egg quality here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html (about 5 from the top, called "atomic fertility diet")

Stopping breastfeeding could possibly help a little bit but just giving it to ya straight from one 44 year old to another - the odds aren't sky high no matter how you do it, and I would hate to see you cut your nursing relationship short if you're enjoying it, for something that may not be in the cards anyway, if that makes sense. I would much rather see you enjoy your son you have because it is possible to get pregnant while nursing. If you are getting positive OPK and AF when it's supposed to come, the odds are very good you are ovulating just fine and there is no need to stop nursing at all.

What we have to do is just hope and pray for a good egg or two and then be ready to catch her when she comes around. I would have you either DTD every 4 days plus one more additional attempt at pos OPK or else SMEP Sperm Meets Egg Plan

IF your hsuband is willing, I would give him either liquid Olive Leaf Extract (follow dose direcitons on bottle) or else dry OLE 500-1000 mg a day from now till BFP and then gradually wean off.

For you, I would up folic acid (pref. in form of folate, but it's expensive) to 4000 mcg a day, continue thru entire first trimester and then gradually wean off. And coq10 in ubiquinol form, 100 mg a day and at BFP gradually wean off.

Do NOT use RepHresh or any sway jellies. YOu can use Preseed as a lubricant (this may sway a little bit blue but you may need a little hlelp in order to get pregnant)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice and inspiration. And congratulations ! I am going to try the same plan. Going to health food store for supplements today. Quick question. When you say DTD every four days... Is that for example, Monday and Friday ? Or four days between like Monday and Saturday? Thanks! Now to figure out the diet plan. Blessings to you and your family.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much ! About to put your good advice to work. Hoping it works for you too!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Songbird - every 4 days means Monday and Friday
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast