Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Nearly 44 and hoping for one last girl

Hi there. I too am an older Mum. I had my first (boy) at 36, my second (girl) at 38 and my last (boy) at 40 (2 months before I turned 41 actually). I recently did a girl sway (am a member of in gender) and conceived on 13th June and was soooo happy. Did a great sway, had high hcg levels at the start, saw a heartbeat at 6 week scan and really bad morning all day sickness and vomiting AND had the same EDD as our daughter. Then on my 10 week scan I had spotting and went in for a scan and was told baby measuring a week behind and no heartbeat. Got sent home and haemorrhaged that night and rushed back to hospital for emergency D&C and blood transfusion the following day. The whole ordeal was extremely traumatic and even though it was 6 weeks ago it is still fresh in my mind and I'm not fully recovered from it. The gyn docs at the hospital were very positive and reassuring and told me it was most likely a chromosomal defect and a once off and gave me the all clear to try again after next normal period but I think I need a little more time than that. I might be mad, but I would love to try again...yet I don't know if my DH can be persuaded. He didn't really want a 4 th child and I was a bit sneaky about getting pregnant, even though he became excited about it, as I knew he would and was genuinely sad when we lost it. What are your opinions ladies? I had my heart set one last baby and a little girl. I even had a name picked out for her. was devastating. And heartbreaking to think of your tiny developing baby just being flushed down the toilet along with all the hopes and dreams you had for it. Our 5 yr old daughter was devastated and still cries about it now sometimes and says she wants a baby sister. Argh!!!! And how do I persuade DH anyway?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you feel. My first was a boy. My husband only wants 2 children. So I am aiming for a girl. I really want three children but he wants 2. I feel like this is my last shot in having a girl. There are no grand daughters in his family's side. Plus I am old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

My inclination is for you to try again as quick as possible because we never know when it's the last fresh egg in the carton, but of course you need to do what feels right to you. It's possible to conceive in mid 40's, but of course as you know more difficult, may take longer and more losses along the way. It's a lot easier with DH on board though, I hope you're able to convince him.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope so too Atomic Sagebrush. I've been mentioning it every day and giving hints every day. And I'm well aware of that clock ticking away. I've just finished my first period since D & C but I'm not ready to try again just yet. I haven't been on any sort of diet or anything as yet. My DH is soooo stubborn and adamant that I'm worried there will be nooooo changing his mind. And now he has become super strict with condoms so an 'accident' seems unlikely, unless one was to accidentally break. no....I don't want to resort to sneakiness again. I really want him on board. I am hoping to try in December and January so that still gives me a bit more time to try and win him over.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1more girl we no each other from your other post �� i seriously hope you can persuade your dh xx

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've already read all the posts here yet I keep getting it flag marked. Hmmm....interesting....

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    site has been a little glitchy the last few days, sometimes when they fix it it makes threads look like they were not read.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; July 21st, 2021 at 07:54 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Babygirlquest - thanks for replying. The last time I was pregnant, in the lead up to the 12 week scan, all I was hoping for was just a healthy baby Hun. Yes I'd done a pretty perfect girl sway but deep down I just ADORE newborns and I would've loved a son just as much as a daughter. I lost my baby - whether it was a girl or a boy - the loss is just the same. Does that make sense? Anyway, if we try again yes for sure - the sway will be a lot lighter and more relaxed and I will do a lot of things differently. Thanks.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; July 21st, 2021 at 07:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast