Thread: KY Jelly???

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

KY Jelly???

Hi. I was just wondering if I should use KY jelly as lubricant for our attempt in a few months time, as I'd read somewhere here that it sways girl? For our last attempt we'd used Sylk. Or would you recommend that I just stick with the Sylk ( since DH is 45)? I am doing the Diet loosely but I'm not sure if I can do cardio for an hour daily 6times a week, as I think I may end up losing too much weight that way? I'm sitting now at 8.5 stone or around 53kg and this is the lowest I have weighed since I was pregnant with my first child. I have started on the high doses of folic acid but have to go and buy the ubiquinol. We are planning on DTD every 3-4 days with a condom and then the one attempt on the night of the day I get a positive OPK. I do a lot of walking, so should I try to walk for an hour every day and would that be classed as cardio? And I will get my DH to take olive leaf extract (how exactly does olive leaf extract effect the swimmers?) is there anything else I have forgotten or should include in my sway? Thanks.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not have you guys use either, I know you got preggo that way before but it cuts odds of concepiton by a lot, and our results have been neutral, indicating that the jellies are not doing anything to help.

Dont' lose any more weight.

Walking an hour a day counts for cardio

We don't know how OLE works really. There was a doctor that claimed it did something to help with gender splits when going high tech, and the HT gals were using it and seemed to get decent results, so then I started playing with it for the couples who couldn't use cranberry (older couples, those who had low sperm health or their husbands were on medication taht interacted with the cran) and we got good results. (better than HT really) but I am not sure yet if that is a "real" finding or just a coincidence since I do use it with a different group of people.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply Atomic. I'm feeling confident that I know what I have to do. And I think I've almost got DH on board with one last try. My only other queries are that I don't each much in the way of dairy so should I up my intake of dairy rather than taking a calcium tablet? Also, should I perhaps just not get DH to take any supplements? He already rides his bike to and from the train station every day (something he wasn't doing when we conceived our two boys, but he was doing when we conceived our one daughter). So should I just go with that for him and same diet as myself and hot shower before DTD and leave the rest in God's hands? Given that we are both older I really don't want to play around too much with supplements and other things that can influence hormones. I'd be happier just to do concentrate on being healthy and maintaining a healthy pregnancy this time than on doing a perfect sway I think. I will still have given it my best shot regardless of the outcome.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think calcium sways pink anyway and I got my girl without it after 4 boys with gobs of dairy and my 4th a failed pink sway where I was taking a massive dose. Additionally, I no longer think it's safe for anyone over 40 because cal supps have been linked to higher rates of cardiovasular disease. Increasing dairy is even worse because then you're getting all the nutrients IN the dairy as well, which are considerable. Up to you though of course.

I would consider having DH take OLE which is safe and then that is it. I would not have recommended any other supps for him in a custom plan.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Sounds great Atomic. Thanks soooo much for your advice. I would purchase a plan but with Xmas approaching rapidly and being on one income, I just can't afford to buy extra things right now. I will take Coq10 and folic acid (and maybe the prenatals 3 X a week and see if DH will take the OLE. I think my diet is already pretty girl friendly so I will continue that the way it is. I'm aiming to do our attempt in February after two of the kids have started school.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not a big deal at all in any way I help everyone regardless of ability to pay. I only mention it because sometimes people are curious what I would have recommended in a custom plan and that is literally all I'd have given to him anyway.

7. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorryAtomic but what lubricant should we use for attempt? Usually we use KY jelly or acijel but, considering DH is 45 and cycling to and from work each day, it may not be a good idea to reduce sperm count any further I'm thinking? Should we just use a tiny amount of preseed or is there something else more girl friendly you can recommend? Thanks hun

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The chemist should have some 'sperm friendly' options. Pre-seed is expensive so I got the forlife sperm friendly lube although it is so glunky I didn't really like it much. The other option is to try without lube if you can manage it.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

10. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A small amount of Preseed or any sperm safe, conception friendly jelly. Small amounts seem to be neutral.

12. Likes 1moregirl liked this post