Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can 3-4 days of pos OPK mean more than one egg is released?

Anyone heard of this? I looked it up on Internet last night and some people were saying that they fell pregnant with twins from conceiving with more than 3 days of positive OPKs, so they were releasing more than one egg?
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What tests are you using? When I was using Wondfo brand opks I was getting 5+ days of positives. I think they were just way too sensitive. The same thing happened with the CB digital opks. I ended up switching to the Babi brand and now I only get 2 days of positives and O on the 3rd day after my opk goes negative. So my advice would be to try another brand of test.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

3. Thanks 1moregirl, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    What tests are you using? When I was using Wondfo brand opks I was getting 5+ days of positives. I think they were just way too sensitive. The same thing happened with the CB digital opks. I ended up switching to the Babi brand and now I only get 2 days of positives and O on the 3rd day after my opk goes negative. So my advice would be to try another brand of test.
    Thanks Essence. I was using Ovuplan, which I usually always use and have just 2 days of pos OPKs. I think that is what has added to my confusion. Maybe the egg has had trouble getting released or something? Oh well...I will do another tomorrow and I'm sure it will prob be back to negative again. I suppose we couldn't try tonight anyway because it could be right on top of O would be more conducive to a boy baby I guess? What a pain....or a right Royal PITA, as Atomic
    Calls it. Just when you think you have it all down pat, something crops up to make you question everything again. Since DH still allows us to BD without protection during AF, which usually ends on CD 7, I damn well wish there was something I could do to bring O closer (like O on CD 10) - nothing like wishful thinking....
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ovuplan are fairly sensitive too.

Having multiple opk+ doesn't mean you will release more eggs, it may jus mean your body is taking its time to ovulate or the hormones are hanging around longer this time. You should BD on the first opk+ and then 3 or 4 days later (4 days is more pink friendly and 3 is more conception friendly)

The other thing to consider is that stress can delay ovulation. I have had it happen that I had a couple of weeks of servere anxiety and as soon as it passed my body was able to ovulate.

Also I wouldn't even consider it that late... try ovulating day 30 or even day 47 like I did once last year even this pregnancy was conceived on cd29!

I really think looking into some relaxation techniques mught help as you seem a little stressed ( which is normal when ttc and swaying too).

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

7. Likes atomic sagebrush, maidentomother liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it can but more likely just that your body is taking its own sweet time to pop that egg!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. My question now though is, should I just sit this cycle out now and do our attempt next cycle? If DH gave the go ahead to BD tonight would that be pink friendly or not? We BD yesterday morning but with a condom.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, BD tonight if he is willing. It's better than nothing. Are you charting temp too? If you are and haven't gotten a temp rise yet then I'd for sure BD.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BD with condom = 0 attempts, don't even count it.

If you can make an actual attempt then do it. I wouldn't skip a month.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. Will see how we go. It's Friday night, it's been a long week and we are both pretty exhausted. I haven't been temping this time Essnce but I certainly will start for next cycle. If not this cycle, then def an attempt for next cycle.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope, if the egg is having trouble being released, that that doesn't mean it's going to be a dodgy egg?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast