Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I don't think that number of hours before positive OPK does anything any different for swaying at all so I will just wish you good luck and pink dust! 20 or 27 hours before pos OPK - both are of course going to be somewhat lower odds of conception. The good news (for conception, maybe not for your peace of mind though, sorry) is that a positive OPK does not come a "set" amount of time before O occurs. So one month you might have BD 20 hours before pos OPK but Oed 36 hours after pos, another month you might have BD 27 hours before pos OPK but then Oed only 24 hours after pos. Net result - about the same length of time, and no way of knowing.

It's hard on sperm with creamy CM but the good news is that the semen is like a little "life raft" that keeps them alive to get into the cervix where you very well may have more EWCM than you can see from outside.
    Thank you atomic. I think you are correct! How does that happen girl? My opk was still +this morning with a 20 hr surge (last month i had ONE +opk which lasted less than 12 hr)

However,

A) all o cramping has stopped (all night it felt like my ovaries were going to explode)
    B) ew wet ph 4.5 (i had a very small amount of ew mostly wet yesterday with ph 5 then before bed back to 4.5)
    C) temp rise from 35.7 to 36.1 this morning

So i either ovulate already I or will sometime today

I examined my old chart and this attempt is only 12 difference than my other one b/c my temp didnt rise until the 2nd day. So you may be right about Oing roughly the same time.

I am so glad to hear creamy cm doesnt affect egg quality.

Question: if opk still +++ does that mean no O yet? Do you O right soon as it turns negative?
    Last edited by MrsGoodies; May 31st, 2016 at 06:10 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs Goodies, one cycle I had three days in a row of positive OPKS so it is possible, that's for sure. Actually, last year in June when I got my BFP I had three days in a row then of pos OPKs and FF marked me as having Oed somewhere on the third day of pos OPK. Looking back at all of my FF charts, I usually always O on the day of my second pos OPK (occasionally the following day when OPK is back to negative). I have found only one chart where FF marked me as having Oed on my first day of two days in a row of positive OPKs, BUT the crossroads are broken lines and not solid lines so I can't go by that one. I would say you usually O after your surge (like if you have two pos OPKs in a row O will usually occur sometime on the second day or the following day - same scenario for 3 days in a row of pos OPKs). But I know that everyone is different and other ladies may have something different happen for them. However, this is just what happens with me so thought I would share it. This why cut offs are soooo difficult Hun, because if you O earlier or later than usual (espeically if later) then the odds of conception are really low. What BD pattern and frequency did you use when you conceived your boys Hun? I know you had a two day cut off with your girl. Good luck too my dear. I really hope you've nailed it this time and that you get your precious little rainbow girl. Xx
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really dont want to ttc at O time because 3/5 boys were conceived then. I tried ?..

O -1.5 (stop at 1st +opk) and no diet = boy
    O and no diet = boy
    O+12 and girl diet = boy
    O -3.5 and fertility drugs and no diet = twin boys
    O -2.5 and girl diet = girl

So now I have O-3 and girl diet = ???

I really, really, REALLY want a GIRL so i am willing to wait longer for pg. i've tried everything else and BD at or thru O just doesnt seem to work for me.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Temp at 7 am was 36.5 (above coverline), cm creamy...FF has O on cd 11 though it was probably in the middle of the night.

Last BD was cd 9 early morning, so I have an exact 72 hr cut-off, if its earlier on cd 11 in the evening sometime then it would be less. When I ttc my girl I had between a 52 & 64 hr cut-off (opk was - before bed and + in the morning)

Onto the 2WW....I'm so nervous....and excited...and happy this cycle is over with and now I can just enjoy BD for the next few days

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck mrsgoodies!! Hope you caught that egg!! Sending pink vibes your way!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

6. Thanks MrsGoodies thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The rate at which pos OPK go negative has nothing to do with whether or not you have Oed or not, unfortunately. you can O and still be getting positives, or get a negative and still not have Oed for a few hours. It's all about hours after first positive.

I'm not quite sure I follow the question about how it happens, I'm sorry can you elaborate?

Temp rise is more indicative than either O pain or EWCM. You can have O pain before, during, after O and it can even stop before O. Same with EWCM, the idea that it "dries up 12 hours on the button after O" or whatever nonsense IG claims with no scientific evidence to back it up is just not true. It's all about hormones, how high they got, how long it takes them to clear your body, and how your body is responding to them in any given month. WE have seen people having O pain patterns and EWCM patterns in just about every conceivable pattern you can think of, and I had EWCM for 2 days after I Oed the month I conceived my daughter. I have many months where I have a lot of cramping after O. It's just all about how long it takes those hormones to be used up by your body.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info about the ewcm Atomic.

I had a small bit yesterday after my second morning of higher temps and i panicked for a bit thinking O didnt happen yet....but i know that would be impossible because it was 56 hr after my first +opk.

I just hope the timing was ok, though realistically i know if i can get pg with twins with a 84-96 hr cutoff, then 72 h is also in the relm of possibility....and the twins were healthy so i will stop fretting about sperm quality so far out.

I figure if no bfp this month then more sex for me! Whoo hoo!

for some reason my libido is pretty high in my 40's....must be the hormones

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12