Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Delete

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finding a New Plan

I think the confusion lays with what you believe to sway girl.

Old school girl sway tactics were cal/mag and dairy heavy while limiting salt.

She got her DD following the LE diet and one attempt. She inadvertently limited dairy due to family illness, stress, and low funds. She didn't set out to limit this, it was just a by product of her circumstances. In fact, she mentioned she got a DS while eating gobs of dairy and cal/mag and limiting salt.

The point is don't do the opposite because it doesn't work that way. You need to do LE diet and one attempt. Exercise, alcohol, coffee, and fiber all help to achieve a lower maternal condition. That is what Atomic did and what others have done intentionally or not to get a DD.

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did not do that "because I did the opposite". I did that because scientific evidence proved to me that those things do not sway (and in fact possibly sway in the wrong direction from what the old-school sway gurus claim). Me eating a lot of salt with my daughter had NOTHING to do with swaying, it was a matter of convenience and because my research proved unequivocally that mineral levels cannot sway in the way the mineral diets claim (because calcium and sodium are in homeostasis in the human body and the levels CANNOT be changed.

Not "doing the opposite". Following biological fact and scientific research.

TRust me there was PLENTY of stuff I did exacty the same as my boys (including the sodium thing because I got at least 1 of my boys eating rather a lot of sodium as well.) If the facts would have proved to me that calcium swayed pink for reals, I would have took it again. But it didn't and so I didn't take it. I was not ever trying to "do the opposite". I was trying to get a daughter and thus I did what my research indicated was the best way to go about that. If the research had shown me that the best odds were doing exactly what I did in my failed sway with DS 4 I would have done that.

Maternal condition and overall fertility, plus cues from the diet and environment about what gender baby has a better chance of surviving to adulthood to pass down genes is what sways. Following a certain diet is a means to an end of SLIGHTLY lowering one's condition and overall fertility and about what gender baby has the best shot, while still leaving us able to get and stay pregnant. All this diet stuff is with that in mind. The diet is not "eat magic foods to make girls" it is meant to generally lower your condition and fertility just a teensy bit and indicate that a girl may have a better shot than a boy does. Even the number of attempts is to send a certain message to the body. It's ALL to send a message to the body and then your body decides what to do with that. It may ignore it and make a boy anyway, or it may be getting so many other messages from other things (like for example being a total control freak) that it may make a boy because it still thinks a boy has a better chance.

LE Diet plus coffee, fiber, alcohol; exercise 60 min. 6-7 days a week, one attempt (or every 4 days) is what sways. Look at what works for most people most of the time, and what the science says, and DO THAT. Don't "do the opposite" because that may not have anything to do with why you got a boy OR it may have even HELPED up your odds of getting a girl but it just didn't go your way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks XX. I got ALL FOUR of my boys doing tons of dairy and DS 3 and 4 I was taking cal-mag supps in addition. But that is NOT why I dropped them to get a girl, it's because the scientific evidence showed to me that the mineral diets were nonsense and couldn't possibly be true (and plus I was flat ass broke to boot LOL) If the evidence had showed me it worked, I would have done it again because I would then know that was the best chance I had.

My life story is not meant to say "see how I did the opposite" but it is meant instead to say "see how you CAN get boys with cal-mag and girls without it?" Does that make any sense??

Do what works for most of the people, most of the time, and has the most reliable science backing it up. That's the key. Don't do the opposite.

4. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    LE Diet plus coffee, fiber, alcohol; exercise 60 min. 6-7 days a week, one attempt (or every 4 days) is what sways. Look at what works for most people most of the time, and what the science says, and DO THAT.
    What sample size are you using to base that all of the above sways girl?

Is it based on what personally worked for you?

Genderdreaming sway spreadsheet?

Some scientific study somewhere?

I know swaying isn't 100% but I'd be interested in knowingjust how many women did the above and got the desired result?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our stats. Stats from the Trivers Willard hypothesis.

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs. Goodies, aside from the sway stats that you can find on this site in the ttc girl forum, which are "just for fun" in that they can give an idea of what's working but aren't a scientific study with a control group, Atomic also links to relevant studies in several of her essays and there are links to scientific papers in the members section. Even if you're not a member, if you read the essay on maternal dominance and the essays on LE diet, or do a search for "you are what your mother eats" or "Harvard nurses" study, they'll come up. A lot of the studies are easy to track down on Google if you don't see a link in one of Atomic's essays.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

8. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just for the record, I don't believe that being vegetarian completely contributes to swaying girl. I have one sister who has been a strict vegetarian for most of her adult life and her first 3 children were boys. Her and her DH took up a few sway tactics to try and get a DD, which they did successfully for their fourth and final child. I don't think it's healthy for ANY sway to get so caught up and obsessive about what you eat and how many calories are in this or that....this sort of thinking can easily lead to an eating disorder for a start.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

10. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Complex emotions,

Wishing you luck whatever you decide

12. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding vegetarianism, I really believe that it must sway because vegetarians often have lower ratios of fat (especially saturated fat) and protein in their diets. I was a vegetarian with my DS2 (failed sway based on French gender diet), but I was eating MASSIVE amounts of full-fat diary and nuts for calcium and magnesium. I'm sure my fat and protein were even higher than if I'd been eating meat. Now that I know more about swaying, I limit dairy and nuts and my totals are much, much lower.

This shows there are different kinds of vegetarianism. The only culture I'm aware of that is truly vegetarian as a rule are followers of the Hindu religion, and Indian food tends to have a lot of ghee, paneer (both high in dairy fat), pulses like lentils and chickpeas, so I'm sure a typical diet has a fair bit of saturated fat and protein that would offset any pink sway in the vegetarian diet alone. Contrast that to a vegetarian in a Western culture, who will likely (but not always) be eating a lot more carbs, particularly empty carbs, to make up the calories not taken by meat.

This would explain why there are studies that show vegetarians have more girls even though we still see lots of boys born to largely vegetation society in India (where selective abortion is also a factor).
    Last edited by Erin514; June 29th, 2016 at 10:18 AM.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

14. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsGoodies View Post
    What sample size are you using to base that all of the above sways girl?

Is it based on what personally worked for you?

Genderdreaming sway spreadsheet?

Some scientific study somewhere?

I know swaying isn't 100% but I'd be interested in knowingjust how many women did the above and got the desired result?
    First of all about 1000 studies and books that I have read since I started this quest in 2008. Studies in humans and animals alike and theories dating back 50 years that are widely accepted by "real" scientists - including studies that show vegetarians have more daughters and that XX embryos grow better than XY in differing amounts of glucose, just as a couple of examples.

Also, the realities of human biology which absolutely disprove many of the claims made by the "old-school" sway gurus.

Additionally, the 3 years I was on Ingender watching people succeed and get opposites with swaying.

Subsequently, the 4 years that this site has been up and running and we've been tracking our stats since then and also the inverses which we tracked that showed the stuff that isn't working. THings that have the same success rate as the overall results of the site, and then the % of people who get opposites and successes are also identical, indicates that these things are not working.

We get between 65-75% success rates depending on the methods used with a pretty substantial sample size by this stage of the game. Some things have bigger samples than other things just because they're older or more people use them. You can find that here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...tml#post756135 and just in the interest of saving time for those who don't click links,, LE Diet longer than 12 weeks has between 70-75% success rates, that exercise has 75% success rates, one attempt and every 4 day method between 70-75%. Fiber 68%, alcohol 76%, lots of caffeine in the form of coffee 87.5 (but smaller sample)
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 29th, 2016 at 04:30 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast