Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My struggle with a fertility girl diet....help please...

Help please. Yes I should be doing the fertility diet but I have never done diets in my life and I'm just NO good at them. I just don't know much about foods and I eat all things in moderation. What should be a typical day on a fertility diet for swaying girl? Plus if I skip breakfast or snacks I feel sick, I get the shakes and sometimes this even triggers a migraine. Baring in mind that I have always eaten the same sort of diet, and conceived one daughter in the middle, I think when I conceived her the one thing I was doing was getting out each day and taking my firstborn boy (who was 1) for long walks in the pram, so I was doing a lot more exercise back then. Whereas these days I have been leading a more sedentary lifestyle and really not doing a great deal of exercise. Particularly since it is winter now and I absolutely hate it with a passion and tend to stick indoors. I guess I might have to bring the exercise bike indoors and clean it up and put it to use again. Maybe for breakfast I can at least have a cup of tea and then just delay breakfast? I am sorry if I'm a pain but I am just thinking if I am going to give this another shot I need to feel like I've done my best in all areas. I am going to cut out chocolate as much as possible and have cut down how much sugar I have in my tea, and have cut down the number of teas I have per day. Are there any other herbal teas we can drink for fertility and girl sway other than normal and green tea? I am going to eat more fruit each day as well. I just need more ideas as I am used to this for example: breakfast - cup of tea with milk and one teaspoon sugar and a piece of toast with margarine and honey (white bread oops), morning tea - cup of tea or milo with a couple of bikkies or a muesli bar, lunch - sandwich with white bread (margarine with honey or cheese, or cheese and ham or cheese and tomato) and piece of fruit, - afternoon tea - cuppa and bikkies, dinner - chicken and vegies or a pasta or fish and salad (red meat once or twice a week). What can I incorporate and remove to make this more fertility friendly and healthy? As you can see, I really struggle with this and need help.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If skipping meals makes you feel sick, don't skip meals (although you would get used to it over time)

Tea is "bluer" than coffee so I would not have tea at all if you can bear it. I got 4 boys drinking tea, and while I know I say nothing ever comes down to one thing like that and of course loads of women around the globe drink tea and get girls, I do think it's something that is easy to change.

Teaspoons of sugar in tea are not a fertility friendly diet. It doesn't seem like much but it adds up. I would have you CUT sugar out first thing (and I am a sugaraholic too, I know it isn't easy but it does help) and sugar includes the sugar in things like milo, and honey. The best research we have indicates that keeping carb intake to about 30-40% of your day's food intake and getting carbs from good sources like whole grains, fruit, and veg is best for fertility.

Tea with sugar, bread and honey, is very, very carby and not good for egg quality. We can shake it off when we are young but as we age we are less and less able to deal with simple carbohydrates in large amounts like that. A slice of wholegrain bread with Vegemite would be better, or just a couple eggs with cheese and salsa

Tea, again with sugar I'm assuming, or milo, plus biscuits is super carby and not good for egg quality. Have a full fat yogurt and fruit instead

That level of bread intake at every meal is not gonna work. Stop eating bread and honey full stop. What I do (I'm also dieting just for general weight loss right now) is I eat just the ham and cheese and tomato. Not as satisfying to be sure but it does work for insulin resistance. Like yesterday lunch I had some sliced turkey with mustard, and my daughter and I split a tin of green beans and I had some pepper strips with it. It wasn't delectable, not gonna lie haha but I didn't get hungry for hours after that.

Again, tea with sugar and biscuits is not going to help you. Do you like things like almonds or walnuts for tea?? If you cannot go without something sweet, try to find the "least sweet" thing you can stand with the smallest amount of sugar in it, even if it's something like Ryvita (which is of course not sweet at all.) A graham cracker with peanut butter would be good too and that actually is sweet. An apple with peanut butter could work too but I know most other countries are not super into PB so that may not be an option

Dinner - ya got that one! excellent. Meat and veg
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i eat chocolate all the time (with my two meals a day)!!

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglepink View Post
    i eat chocolate all the time (with my two meals a day)!!
    Just because I'm answering one person's specific question about their specific situation please don't start extrapolating this to yourselves, ladies.

This original poster is in a situation where she needs to boost fertility and egg quality as much as possible for a variety of reasons. That may not even APPLY to anyone else and thus anyone who is now reading this and panicing, please don't.

Sugar is allowed on the standard version of LE Diet. Someone who needs to boost egg quality and may not (due to a variety of reasons) have good insulin response shoudl not be eating that much sugar. Others can. Please do what is right for your unique situation and not what is right for another person.

5. Thanks LinzNicuRN thanked for this post
    Likes squigglepink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And breathe squiggle.. thank you and sorry to gatecrash 🙈

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No no, I'm really glad you asked that because 17 other people were now thinking the exact same thing and it gave me the chance to elucidate that for everyone.

never hesitate to ask!! If you're wondering something, so are a bunch of other people and I'd always favor having those q's come up in a thread where I can hit them easily than 3 weeks later when I no longer even remember this thread and people are telling me "but you SAID not to eat sugar!" Most people can eat sugar on LE Diet. This is a fertility/egg quality question first and foremost and a gender swaying question only secondly.