Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting take on that!! I have had my fair share of kids complaining when I think to myself "if they had had to get up and go to school even for a week they'd be singing a different tune."
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsGoodies View Post
    I've always sent all of my kids to Kindergarten because it was only a half day, the class size was small (12-15), and I could never be bothered to teach them Alphabets, shapes, seasons, calendar, how to hold a pencil and write each letters & numbers.

I found the year of K got them into 'school mode' where they could sit quietly in a chair for 20-30 min.

Another plus.....after spending a year 'getting up for school' and dealing with rude/misbehaving classmates, i found they were begging me to stay home by Grade 1.
    That's really interesting too MrsG. Thanks for that. You sound a bit drawn to homeschooling yourself, but your boys do go to school don't they?
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had a few interesting discussions with DH recently and I was completely surprised and taken aback when he said that he thought me homeschooling the kids was a great idea. I was like, "what?" It's the first time in a long time we've actually agreed on something. Lol! Our little 4 yr old will still do his kinder Year because our first two did it and he is sooooo excited. It's not definite that the older two will be homeschooled just yet need to do a trial run for say a week and see how we go with it. Atomic - I know it won't be as easy as teaching a class full of 20 something students (which I have experience with, being a trained teacher), as your own kids often muck around and misbehave for the parent, lots of toy distractions, plus me myself as the educator staying organised and motivated and 'on task' myself. In some states in Australia home school teachers are checked up on and have to submit curriculum planners, etc, but in Victoria they don't have that. But I just believe that with me teaching them and just the 2 of them it will be of such benefit and they would have more of an opportunity to become further ahead in their own skills than they would at school. I have jotted down many ideas to implement such as a trip to the library once a week to borrow books and have a lesson, get a pool membership and give them a swimming lesson once a week. They will get a proper Spanish lesson from myself and their Daddy (Daddy's first language is Spanish as he is Colombian). I want to teach them cooking, gardening (vegetables as well as different types of plants), sewing, knitting, crocheting. Our little girl will still take up ballet again and our boy can choose something whether it be soccer or karate, eg. I am feeling really inspired by it and am finding my anxiety is lessening. There is sooo much crap going on out there in the world (the latest being a "drug-crazed" 26 yr old man driving down a busy mall in our city centre killing 5 people and injuring dozens more - you may have read about it on news) - very disturbing. One of my friends and her 2 daughters witnessed some of it whilst in lockdown in a shop. One couple lost their 3 month old baby boy (was flown from his pram) and their 2 yr old daughter in a serious condition. Last year in our area numerous schools received false bomb threats and our kids' school was practising regular evacuations as a precaution. Another reason to homeschool. I have never taken my 3 kids on my own for a trip into the city and I fear now I never will either out of anxiety for what can go wrong. Sorry for rambling. Also, I'm just about to O, although this morning's test was negative, we BD last night and I'm not actively ttc but not preventing it either.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234