Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    I conceived my last little girl at 35 and gave birth at 36, I felt ok with the age then, it was the goingn from 39-40 that's really hit me lol. I feel like it's never going to happen now, I will however try to prove to that 40 is still a good age ��. Good luck on your Ttc journey I hope it's a speedy one!
    My fears are probably also based on issues with fertility when ttc my last two.. I had my first when I was 28 and had problems then so 35 seems imposible now.

I have friends however that didn't have their first until after 35 and had no issues at all. Everyone is so different!

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your little girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Mrs_Incredible liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Well I wasn't here before because we have only just started ttc #3 but I fit in the over 35 category now. I don't know why going from 34 to 35 suddenly makes you feel so much older! Probably because it is always made out to be the age where your fertility suddenly drops (although I know it doesn't work that way!)

Good luck twinkle! 4 years is a long time and it sounds like you have been through a lot. Hopefully it happens for you soon
    It doesn't work that way though! Please don't buy into the "myth of 35" ladies - it says NOTHING for your individual odds, it's just the age at which across the whole population, more women start to have fertility challenges. Plenty of people go right on chugging up to 40 and even beyond.

I feel so silly for panicking about my fertility when I was 36 and doing all this stuff that swayed blue because of that. I had 3 babies after taht and my last was conceived at 41!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes pink_bean liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I can't quote this for some reason, but it is not uncommon for people to have fertility issues with their first and then it's like their body "learns" how to get and stay pregnant and they go onto have additional kids with no trouble at all. Having trouble TTC with one child doesn't necessarily always mean you'll have trouble in the future and it certainly doesn't mean you're going to have menopause early (unless you are diagnosed with DOR)

7. Likes The Anchor, bunnywabbit liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bloods are in!

Day 3

Lh 1.1 iu/l
    Fsh2.9 iu/l

Day 21

Prolactin 164 ml/l
    Progesterone 1 now
    Oestradiol 195 poml/l
    Tst 0.83mul
    Free t4 12.0 poml/l

Having day 21 repeated as it showed no ovulation.

I've googled too much and now worried the fsh is too low, it's saying a fsh too low is a indercation of pcos.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I answered in your other thread. Have you ever had any other symptoms of PCOS?? I doubt that's what is going on here unles you have other symptoms.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had a very quick google at the symptoms and no I don't seem to have other symptoms. My cycles are regular at 25-27 days not heavy. I have had a few longer cyvles like last month but on the whole regular. I don't have any excessive hair growth and the drs say my day 21 bloods were ok other than the progesterone was too low so no ovulation was detected but I knew that as I hadn't had a positive opk Andy temps didn't pick up ovulation untill day 30. I'm not sure if my free testosterone is normal as I haven't googled that but the gp didn't say it was. Just hope the AMH cakes back a reasonable number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with what Atomic says about your body "learning" how to get and stay pregnant. I work with a lady who tried for 9 years to get pregnant. They were just about to start fertility treatments when she found out that she was pregnant (at 31 or so) and that was 5 years ago. She just gave birth to her third child a couple of weeks ago and her second child is around 22 months old. They had no problem getting pregnant with #2 or #3.

Twinkle- hopefully you got good news on your AMH. I got pregnant easily with #1 and again with #2 (got pregnant three months after a tubal reversal). We tried for 18 months to get pregnant (only to have a M/C) and have not been able to get pregnant again. Originally my AMH came back undetectable and I did CoQ10 and DHEA to get it up to 0.234, but that is still very low and even with perfectly timed BD we still were unable to get pregnant.

I think women can go on just fine getting pregnant in later years, but my mother and grandmother had meopause early on (48 or so) so apparently I am just not one of the lucky ones. lol

Good luck to any of the more mature moms out there trying for their DG!
    Married to my High School Sweetheart.
    14 10 3 and our miracle (3/7/16)

Last sway for ended with a beautiful baby .

Surprise BFP Sept 2013...Ended in (D&C 11/19/13 - No HB at 11 weeks)
    Tried each month with no success at pregnancy on our own from 12/13-9/14. Moved on with RE.

IUI #1 with Injectables 10/17/14 = BFN at 14 DPIUI
    IUI #2 with Injectables 11/14/14 = BFN at 11 DPIUI

FET "Baby Stella" 3/17/15 = BFP betas 22,44,51,52...CP :

Donor Embryo Attempt 2 - FET 7/10/15 - BFP!!

Betas...10 p5dt = 177
    12 dp5dt = 534 (30.1 hours doubling time!)
    14 dp5dt = 1339 (36.2 hours doubling time!)
    17 dp5dt = 3993 (45.7 hours doubling time!)
    21 dp5dt = 5839 (175 hours doubling time)...trying to be positive...HRC suggested that both implanted and one didn't make it...had pink spotting on 19dp5dt please don't leave us yet little one.
    23 dp5dt = 12,292!
    28 dp5dt = 29,504
    1 Beautiful seen at 6w3d (measuring 6w1d) 123 bpm! Heartbeat seen again at 8w3d 180 bpm!
    Anatomy Scan at 17 weeks shows a happy and healthy little girl!

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference." Virginia Satir

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies! I'm joining the club here as an Over 35 TTC. Glad to see I'm not alone

I'm 37 and will be 38 in September. I conceived my first son at 32, after a year and a half of trying, and my second son was conceived at 35, after 14 months TTC. I had some GD with both boys, not because I don't love boys, but I want a girl, too, and ours would be the only grand daughter on both sides as everyone else is done having kids. I was hoping to have her first and get it out of the way haha.

It's been a very difficult decision to TTC #3. We are in a comfortable place right now, and it's easy to look forward to days when I don't have to plan my life around naps and babies. We are financially capable of handling two, but three will be more of a guessing game. Plus, our ages aren't helping. It took us so long to conceive the boys that my DH is dreading TTC (over 30 cumulative months of BFNs can really kill the TTC excitement), and if it takes us that long again we will be pushing the boundaries of our age window when we would feel comfortable to have a new baby. It's not just being able to handle it in our 40s, but also how old we will be when this new babe goes to college.

But the dream of having three children, and possibly a girl, is pushing me more than the negatives. I had to really coerce my husband to try, and I'm not sure what he will feel if/when I do get pregnant because I don't think we're in the healthiest place right now. As it is, I had to agree that if we don't get pregnant without help within a year, then it's just the way things are for us and we move forward with our lives. Right now, I think to myself that I can handle it being in God's hands, but I hope that I can still be so fatalistic when month 11 rolls around

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well (looks like mostly Purple and Twinkle have been checking in). I don't know much about AMH or FSH levels aside from what I've picked up from others, but I hope you're getting good news from your doctors!

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and welcome!

I have heard that when they ask elderly people if they have any regrets about their lives, the number one was "I should have had more children." This has been something that tons of women have told me as well, because I have such an oddball family makeup, the two boys when I was young, then after 13 years, 2 more boys and then a girl (not remarried, same husband LOL). So many women tell me, "I really wanted just one more but my husband said no" or something along those lines. I just want to encourage you to listen to your heart and don't worry about your age - it isn't any more of a challenge than when I was younger. I feel like I wasted so much energy worrying about BS when I had my first two, that age and wisdom (if I have any) has freed me up to have more energy even though I'm older now. I just don't stress about stuff like I used to.

17. Thanks kitkat18, Temerity thanked for this post
Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast