Thread: Deleted

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Deleted

-
    Last edited by pink_bean; September 16th, 2016 at 03:54 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no experience w it, but I've read of some ppl having success...but probably more failures it's seems. If using with an IUI I think it can be a long shot.

At one point I contacted a few clinics in Mexico that offered it but I never heard back from them....and I tried numerous times.

My RE believes that when it's used with IVF that it can make for a weak embryo, less implantation success, etc...
    2011 2014 born on Mother's day, passed away at 7 mos on 12-18-14

Hoping to have another daughter....My heart longs to raise a daughter in this lifetime...

Me:37 Hubby:41 He has "very high count" I have low AMH 0.5

Cycle #1 June 2015: 4 follicles, 2 retrieved, zero fertilized, big fat flop.

Cycle #2 July 2015: 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 grade 1 blasts on ice to be batched w my upcoming September 2015 cycle.

Cycle #3 September 2015: 9 R, 9 M, 6 fert, 4 grade one blasts
    FET 11-07-15 BFP HB seen 6weeks

HT Baby Girl born 7-21-16

3. Thanks pink_bean, Giselle2016 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only if you're doing it WITH IVF/PGD.

Just Microsort with IUI was an epic failure. It cut odds of conception to practically nothing. I knew or knew of dozens of women who did hundreds of cycles between them and only 2 people ever got pregnant. One of those two was an opposite.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks pink_bean thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can go to mexico and do IVF with MS. Nobody offers IUIs anymore because you can't get pregnant with weak sperm.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush, pink_bean thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_bean View Post
    Thank you, I wonder if IVF is cheaper in Mexico?
    When I did a little checking it was not that much cheaper. If I'm remembering correctly maybe around 3-4,000 cheaper. I actually expected it to be a bigger savings....but I didn't do a ton of research.

Good luck whatever you decide!
    2011 2014 born on Mother's day, passed away at 7 mos on 12-18-14

Hoping to have another daughter....My heart longs to raise a daughter in this lifetime...

Me:37 Hubby:41 He has "very high count" I have low AMH 0.5

Cycle #1 June 2015: 4 follicles, 2 retrieved, zero fertilized, big fat flop.

Cycle #2 July 2015: 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 grade 1 blasts on ice to be batched w my upcoming September 2015 cycle.

Cycle #3 September 2015: 9 R, 9 M, 6 fert, 4 grade one blasts
    FET 11-07-15 BFP HB seen 6weeks

HT Baby Girl born 7-21-16

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not a lot cheaper. Plus, you don't have a guarantee without the PGD testing.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dislikes GDControl disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^ DO NOT put yourself thru IVF without PGD in the hopes that Microsort will be any kind of guarantee. You may very well end up pregnant with an opposite and as a wise woman once said "I can brew one of them up at home for free."
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    During our first try of IVF with PGD for family balancing we had a 6-1 ratio of the opposite gender, which is why we have decided to do MicroSort with our second and final try. My husband will be traveling to Mexico City and leave a sample which will be sorted, frozen and shipped to our clinic in the US. We will then do an IVF cycle with the MicroSorted sample, have them biopsied for PGD to hopefully increase our odds of creating more embryos of the desired gender.

Scheduled for the end of summer. I will keep you ladies posted!

13. Likes GDControl liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EllaJools View Post
    During our first try of IVF with PGD for family balancing we had a 6-1 ratio of the opposite gender, which is why we have decided to do MicroSort with our second and final try. My husband will be traveling to Mexico City and leave a sample which will be sorted, frozen and shipped to our clinic in the US. We will then do an IVF cycle with the MicroSorted sample, have them biopsied for PGD to hopefully increase our odds of creating more embryos of the desired gender.

Make sure the doctor in the US is okay with using their frozen sperm. Microsort is very hard on it and quality can suffer.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush, GDControl thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EllaJools View Post

Any update on the Microsort? Did you get your desired gender? I've been talking to my RE and he said the same thing as a few others have, it can weaken the sperm and therefore you end up with not the best quality embryos. However I've done two cycles where I got the opposite of what I wanted so I want to make sure I am doing every I can to get my desired gender.
    DH: 37 DW: 37

Mom to four great boys.
    Twins 2009, 2014 and June 2016.

Cycle 1 Feb 2015:
    AFC: 8, FSH: 8.5, AMH: 1.19
    8 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 made it to day 5.
    Cycle 2 May 2015:
    16 retrieved, 8 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5.
    A total of 4 sent in to be tested. 2 abnormal (1 XY and 1XX) and 2 normal, both XY.
    September 2015: Swayed for a girl but had another sweet boy. He was meant to be.

17. Thanks GDControl thanked for this post