Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Info on Microsort in Mexico

Hello,

I'm wondering about experiences with microsort with IUI in Guadalajara or Mexico City. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but I don't see much recent information on the procedure. Is there a reason why people aren't selecting this option as much? Any info and experiences is appreciated.

Thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are right that few ladies have used this recently (so far as I am aware). I *think* the issues are how adversely the sperm is affected through the washing and chemical treatment so fertilisation rates are massively decreased and many US clinics will no longer take sperm from Mexico (I don't know if it is there is general or specifically sperm that has undergone Microsort). I guess
    If you actually cycled in Mexico it wouldn't be an issue... but I would NOT recommend that. This is such a delicate process, you want the best of the best. I think Dr P was a pioneer of this technique BUT he backed out a very long time ago and I think what Mexico offer is note quite the same anyway....

Have you and your DH had your pretesting? This will give you a much clearer idea (potentially) how many embies you could get. Whilst it is entirely possible to have a cycle that results in none of your desired gender (so I do understand the attraction of Microsoft) even if you did find a clinic willing to use the sperm, you would have to ship it etc and could still face the prospect of a 'no transfer' due to poor quality or abnormal embies... the entire HT process is a gamble sadly. Personally, I would (and did) choose a quality US clinic (and kept my fingers crossed!) over Mexican microsort

Good luck in your decision. X
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply and they great information, it's very much appreciated. The process and costs associated with microsort seemed too good to be true. I understand better why fewer people use that option.

I have not had any pretesting done yet. It is challenging since I am in Canada and our health care system is different than in the US. I have had a telephone consult with Dr. Braverman and I am currently trying to complete the required criteria to have a consult with Dr. Potter. It is a lot of steps.

The whole PGD process overwhelms me, I have to be honest. The logistics of planning and coordinating everything, while doing it in a different country with 3 kids 5 and under feels so daunting. Not to mention the super high expense with no guaranteed outcome. I keep going back and forth about whether to move forward or not. I wish that I could just move on from the dream of having a daughter, sigh :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It does seem difficult at first but you will be in safe hands if you choose Dr P or Dr B and it is totally doable good luck xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please no one use Microsort + IUI. We had absolutely abysmal results for pregnancy with that process back when it was in trial runs in the United States and the FDA declined to approve it here. I saw dozens of women do hundreds of cycles and only knew two people who ever got pregnant, and one of them was an opposite. She got a boy with a 92% X sperm sort. So it's really not very reassuring in terms of results.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes PinkyPie liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with atomic--IUI has terrible pregnancy rates, and there is no gender guarantee even with sorted sperm. Check out the ask Dr Potter forum, as I seem to remember him answering someone that yes he will accept sorted sperm from Mexico, but his clinic has found those samples to be of poor quality.

I have 5 boys and did IVF. We ended up with three normal girls, 2 abnormal girls, and 2 abnormal boys. So a lot more girls than boys, to my absolute surprise. You never know what'll happen!
    and born in December ‘17

8. Likes PinkyPie, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much ladies for your valuable input and information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk