Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc After Mirena

Does anyone know if it's a common thing for ovulation to occur on any random day in your cycle after having the mirena removed? I had mine taken out about 2 months ago. I've had one full cycle that was 25 days with positive OPKS on CD14 and CD15. So I was expecting to get my first positive between the 20th and 22nd this month and nothing. I had a faint (almost nonexistant) line for a couple days but it's not getting any darker at all. Is it likely that ovulation is just delayed due to the mirena being removed a couple months ago? Or is it possible that I won't even ovulate this month?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious about this too, haven't yet had mine removed so wondering what to expect. On a side note, you've posted this in an unusual forum, you might get more responses if you put this in a different forum, maybe the General swaying one.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh thank you! Sorry I'm new here, didn't realize there were different categories!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did I not just answer this?? LOL I'm confused.

The rule is that there is no rule. It's different for everyone. So you may still be experiencing weirdness from the Mirena or it could also be you Oed normally and the OPK just didn't detect it.

I'd give it a couple months of regular cycles before I TTC a boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry I posted this one first but wasn't getting any responses, so this morning when I saw mia's response I made a new one in the proper category. I just cannot find a delete button to remove this post. Thank you again Atomic! Although this is what I was afraid of and hoping not to hear... �� I really want my children to be close in age but with all the effort I'm putting into this sway, I cannot risk rushing it. How many regular cycles would you recommend I have before my first attempt?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries, I just wondered if I was dreaming LOL

Sometimes it takes me a few days to get back to you and I WiLL answer every question so just wait till at least 5 days before bumping a post. Makes it easier on me .

How old is your baby?

8. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh okay great! Thank you! �� I have a dd who will be 4 in October and a dd who is 19 months. She stopped nursing in December and I had the mirena removed in February. I ovulated right after the bleeding stopped from removal. March I had a cycle of 25 days with positive OPKs on cd14 and cd15. This month af came on the 10th and I didn't get a positive opk until this morning, which would be cd16. Before the mirena I had regular 28 day cycles but never tracked ovulation. If you could give me a suggestion on how long to wait (or after how many regular cycles?) I would be so grateful! I fully believe you know what you're talking about and trust your judgement more than my own lol.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh CD 16 that is all still well within the realm of normal. I actually think you're good to go in May or June given this information. Sorry for confusion

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my, that's wonderful! I'm very excited! I was just afraid to try so quickly after having it removed because I have heard that sways girl (but only for the first cycle after.. is this correct?) And since I've only had one complete cycle so far that was rather short at 25 days. With O coming a few days later this time, I'm hoping that means this cycle will be back to my normal 28.
    Also, February and March I had what I believe to be ovulation pains on the left side (I get them about 12 hours before a positive opk). And this month the cramps occurred on the right side, but instead of positive opk for two days in a row, I only got 1. Do you have a personal opinion on the study that claims more male births occur when ovulation comes from the right fallopian tube? It's supposed to be based off of testosterone production taking place on the right side I do believe..
    Last edited by TtcBlue18; April 26th, 2017 at 02:39 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know for sure how long it lasts, that's why I say wait 2 complete normal cycles but O on CD 16 IS a normal range cycle so this will be 2.

You can't tell the side you ovulate on on the basis of O pains. You develop eggs in both sides every month and it's actually quite common to feel worse on the side that DOESN"T ovulate. So you have no way of knowing what side you Oed from and we've had tons of people on here who swore it was one side only to find out it was the other.

The study found that only in a 3 month pattern, L, L, R was boys 75% of the time. All the other patterns had various other results associated with them. And there are PLENTY of exceptions even with that pattern (including many people here on this site). So since you cannot know what side you're Oing from anyway I would just try to put it out of your head.

14. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast