Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl sway - First draft - Suggestions please!

Hi,
    I have 2 boys and would love to try for a girl.
    Here is my first plan and I would love some advice on it. Please let me know if I should change or add anything.
    I would love to TTC asap. How soon can I start do you think?
    I am fairly thin but have a few kg to lose.

-LE diet
    -No breakfast
    -Blackmore total calcium magnesium + D3 vitamins (what dosage)
    -Vitex (What dosage)
    -Cranberry juice - 1 glass a day?
    -Crystal Lite - 1 glass a day? (where can I get this in AUS?)
    -No tea
    -2 x coffee a day (decaf?)
    -No red meat and minimal white meat
    -No eggs
    -Lost of dairy
    -Hot shower before BD
    -Missionary position
    -No orgasm
    -Lube (what kind in AUS?)
    -No laying with legs in air in suppose?
    -BD 3 days prior to ovulation
    -No exercise
    -Low salt
    -Is sugar ok?
    -Carbs??

DH
    Decaf coffee
    no red meat
    hot shower prior to BD
    Liquorice root (dosage?)

Day on a plate example
    -AM - Decaf coffee
    -morning tea - yoghurt and pear (skin peeled)
    -Lunch - gf toast with hummus and mushrooms cooked in olive oil (is that ok?)
    -Dinner - veg stir fry and white rice (what sauce?> guessing store bought is too salty?)
    or pasta (what sauce again?) or veg soup (too many nutrients?)
    -If still hungry - low cal veg
    -Supper - coffee decaf

Really need advice on this so I can get it right.
    I am Gluten free too which makes meals hard so would really like meal ideas. Don't know what I can eat!

Thanks soooo Much!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey again, as I mentioned previously I'm no pink sway expert so won't be able to comment on some of the finer things but can suggest on a few things that come to mind from what I've read. Pink swayers please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Ca and Mg supps are old school sway tactics and most pink swayers no longer use them. You can if you really believe in nutrient stuff but think the advice if you are keeping is to avoid the vit D, it sways blue. The salt stuff falls into this category as well, no need to go out of your way to avoid.

I think the cranberry juice is too dilute to warrant drinking.

Timing has been debunked so no need to BD so far out from O. Same number of girls and boys conceived each day of fertile window so just aim for 1 attempt at +opk (generally O-1).

Don't worry about the BD position or trying to avoid big O, limited evidence to suggest this makes much difference so just do what you enjoy.

Do you mean lots of dairy? Dairy has a lot of nutrients and sways blue. Don't have loads and most pink swayers drink low/no fat versions.

Any reason for the decaf in particular? My understanding is there is something about regular coffee that sways pink. But also avoiding tea which sways blue is good.

Hope that helps. GL
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    Hey again, as I mentioned previously I'm no pink sway expert so won't be able to comment on some of the finer things but can suggest on a few things that come to mind from what I've read. Pink swayers please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Ca and Mg supps are old school sway tactics and most pink swayers no longer use them. You can if you really believe in nutrient stuff but think the advice if you are keeping is to avoid the vit D, it sways blue. The salt stuff falls into this category as well, no need to go out of your way to avoid.

I think the cranberry juice is too dilute to warrant drinking.

Timing has been debunked so no need to BD so far out from O. Same number of girls and boys conceived each day of fertile window so just aim for 1 attempt at +opk (generally O-1).

Don't worry about the BD position or trying to avoid big O, limited evidence to suggest this makes much difference so just do what you enjoy.

Do you mean lots of dairy? Dairy has a lot of nutrients and sways blue. Don't have loads and most pink swayers drink low/no fat versions.

Any reason for the decaf in particular? My understanding is there is something about regular coffee that sways pink. But also avoiding tea which sways blue is good.

Hope that helps. GL
    Thank you! I found so much conflicting info so I sm pretty confused ��

I read lots about cranberry. Should I be taking pills instead?

I thought dairy was good to sway ( if skim or fat free)

I wasn't sure about decaf ( saw some people had none). Is it the caffeine that makes coffee good?

I thought closer to ovulation favored boys as the boy sperm is faster?

Thanks so much for your reply again. Really appreciate it!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The idea that boy sperm swims faster has been debunked and totally not true. You can not alter the 50/50 mix of girl/boy sperm and there is no difference in the speed or lifespan of girl/boy sperm. Hence no need to be BD so far out from O.

The cranberry detail I'm unsure of, will need a pink swayer to comment.

Dairy is fine. I just mentioned it cause you implied lots of it and since milk contains lots of nutrients and nutrients sway blue thought I'd mention.

My understanding is it's something about the combination of chemicals in coffee that sway pink not specifically the caffeine.

There is so much conflicting info, particularly for pink swayers. I avoid this by sticking to one sway site. This one just seems to make the most scientific sense to me and be the most evidence based.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ��
    Any girl swayers able to add to the suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To add to what MiaMelb said:

Skip the cal/mag which sways blue. Taking too much can actually be hazardous to health anyway. Vitex just seems to mess up people's cycles and we've found it doesn't sway either. Cranberry should be avoided because it's a blood thinner which increases bleeding risks (it doesn't sway either). There's nothing magical about crystal lite. It's just something some pink swayers drink because it's calorie free and some drink it between meals to help curb appetite. It contains aspartame which Atomic has theorized could sway blue for some people in large quantities. It's up to you though if you want to include it. Caffeinated coffee is best but you can have decaf if that's what you prefer. Skip the tea. Regarding LE diet, no foods are off limits however it's best to avoid fortified breakfast cereals, oats, and red meat. You can have eggs just don't eat like 6 of them a day. lol Some pink swayers do eat a little white meat but many of us found it easier to just go vegetarian to stay within protein limits. There's no need to restrict salt. In fact getting too little sodium can be dangerous. Too much dairy may sway blue so don't eat a ton of it. Skim or fat free dairy is fine unless you have PCOS or insulin resistance in which case full fat dairy is best. Be careful having fat free or low fat everything because you may not get enough fat and be unable to get pregnant. Sugar is fine unless you have PCOS/IR. Unless you have PCOS/IR, carbs will make up most of your diet doing standard LE. LE diet is 1500-1800 cals, 50-60g protein, 30-60g fat.
    However you want to BD is fine. I don't think position matters in regards to swaying. Many pink swayers do a "jump and dump" (getting up immediately after BD and wiping off excess semen) their first month or so but if you're doing that and not conceiving, then drop it. Like MiaMelb said, timing doesn't sway. Having just one attempt at positive OPK (or BD every 4 days) sways pink.
    I would encourage you to include exercise unless you're already really thin. Cardio has gotten great results.

Atomic can advise you on dosages for any supplements for DH. Keep in mind though that he doesn't have to sway but if he wants to then great! It matters more though what you do than him.

No need to peel fruit before you eat it. Just have them as is. Lunch sounds fine but I would maybe swap olive oil for canola or vegetable oil. Those have more of the "bad" fats (omega-6) in it but olive oil every now and again is fine. You can have whatever sauces you want on your food. Vegetable soup is totally okay. There are really not that many nutrients in vegetables. Besides, you need some nutrients in order to get and stay pregnant. Don't focus so much on low/no nutrient everything because by sticking to LE limits, you're already getting less nutrients. I'd incorporate some more protein in your meals since it sounds like you won't get enough. Beans or lentils can be added to those foods or a little tofu.
    Oh just realized you're gluten free! I'm gluten free as well (celiac). When I swayed I ate things like bean tacos, spaghetti (sometimes with soy pieces or gardein vegan "meat" (don't know if you have that in Aus?), baked potatoes, veggie pizza (light on the cheese), grilled cheese, soups of all kinds like veggie chili, split pea, vegetable, pancakes/waffles, veggie stir fry or lo mein, mexican bean/rice bowls.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ksmom!
    I saw Atomic recommend Vitex on another post. Would love to know if thays still true Atomic?
    What can I use to lower my Ph? I thought thats what crystal lite and cranberry did.
    Good to know the diet is not as restrictive as I thought.
    So if I concentrate on no breakfast and no meat then is that the main thing?
    I was so hungry last night and this morning. 😫

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmajane View Post
    Hi,
    I have 2 boys and would love to try for a girl.
    Here is my first plan and I would love some advice on it. Please let me know if I should change or add anything.
    I would love to TTC asap. How soon can I start do you think?
    I am fairly thin but have a few kg to lose.

-LE diet
    -No breakfast
    -Blackmore total calcium magnesium + D3 vitamins (what dosage)
    -Vitex (What dosage)
    -Cranberry juice - 1 glass a day?
    -Crystal Lite - 1 glass a day? (where can I get this in AUS?)
    -No tea
    -2 x coffee a day (decaf?)
    -No red meat and minimal white meat
    -No eggs
    -Lost of dairy
    -Hot shower before BD
    -Missionary position
    -No orgasm
    -Lube (what kind in AUS?)
    -No laying with legs in air in suppose?
    -BD 3 days prior to ovulation
    -No exercise
    -Low salt
    -Is sugar ok?
    -Carbs??

DH
    Decaf coffee
    no red meat
    hot shower prior to BD
    Liquorice root (dosage?)

Day on a plate example
    -AM - Decaf coffee
    -morning tea - yoghurt and pear (skin peeled)
    -Lunch - gf toast with hummus and mushrooms cooked in olive oil (is that ok?)
    -Dinner - veg stir fry and white rice (what sauce?> guessing store bought is too salty?)
    or pasta (what sauce again?) or veg soup (too many nutrients?)
    -If still hungry - low cal veg
    -Supper - coffee decaf

Really need advice on this so I can get it right.
    I am Gluten free too which makes meals hard so would really like meal ideas. Don't know what I can eat!

Thanks soooo Much!!!
    DH does not need to limit caffeine

450 mg 1-3 times a day from your AF-O only (this has not been effective and is dangerous for men over 40 or with cardiovascular issues)

U do not need to limit caffeine

Do you have totals for calories, protein, and fat?? I need to be sure you're eating enough.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    agh, just lost half my post, that's nice

Vitex 800 mg AF-O only

cran juice no, not concentrated enough to sway, only adds nutrients

do not need to do decaf

eggs and minimal meat within limits is ok

dairy is not a free food, within limits only

Most use Sylk in Aus.

No legs in air, stay down for 5 min. and then jump and dump

Most have given up sodium restriction

Most can have sugar and carbs, only if you have PCOS should you limit sugar and white carbs

Ok I think I caught it all, let me know if I missed anything
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    DH does not need to limit caffeine

450 mg 1-3 times a day from your AF-O only (this has not been effective and is dangerous for men over 40 or with cardiovascular issues)

U do not need to limit caffeine

Do you have totals for calories, protein, and fat?? I need to be sure you're eating enough.
    Thanks Atomic.
    Sorry is Mg magnesium? Are you saying I should take it at all?
    Thanks for the vitex amount but I'm not sure what AF means sorry!
    Do you recommend crystal lite? If so how much?
    How long after starting diet can I have BD? I was hoping 3 weeks would be ok?
    What is your opinion on timing and amount of Bd?
    I have gone off your recommend calories, protein and fat amount but am sometimes under in a few categories(not calories) I am struggling to get enough iron with no red meat. Any suggestions? Should I take iron tablets?
    Also do you think I should be testing my ph levels?
    Thanks so much!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast