Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Told boy at 17w and 23w but possible girl at 32 week, HELP!

Hello ladies, so I did a very decent girl away but at 17 week I was told by am obstetrician whilst in South Africa that it's a boy. After taking a while as the baby was in funny position and she didn't want to just guess. The again at 23 week she seemed very confident it was a boy. Attached are potty shot scans which she referred to there being boy parts even tho I can't make a penis out anyway. When I saw on screen it didn't look like me DS1 boy parts but hey they all different. Then I came back to the UK and was given a growth scan at 32 weeks as I have been measuring allot smaller than DS1. Anyway I couldn't see any penis on the ultrasound and towards the end she typed GIRL on the screen unless I was misreading something else but I don't know what else it could be. I have to say I feel so different and just that it's a possibility that the boy is in fact a girl. Truly I don't mind either way because I shall sway again but yes your options on the 17 week and 23 week scan on where these boy parts are would be great!! I didn't get a scan pic at 32 and is isn't dare ask the lady twice. I have another scan in 3 weeks so will know for sure then. Maybe God is giving me my unexpected desire very unexpectedly.

17 weeks

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  16.3 KB
    Last edited by Sagirl1; January 10th, 2018 at 04:27 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Attachment 38588

17 weeks

Views: 857
Size:  9.4 KB

23 weeks

Views: 899
Size:  11.7 KB

Skull theory 23 weeks
    Last edited by Sagirl1; January 10th, 2018 at 04:25 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you're in a confusing period. At 32 weeks, baby is already big enough that genitals are getting squashed and hard to decipher -- so 17 and 23 weeks are actually more accurate in terms of ultrasounds for that part of the anatomy. It's very possible she wasn't writing girl but something else. I'd love for you to get your desired gender! I just don't know if I'd get my hopes up this late in the game. Mistakes always happen as ultrasounds are imperfect. Your 23 week one does look a tad ambiguous to me, but 17 weeks pretty boyish. Best of luck to you!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Admittedly I don’t find the pics very easy to read at all, and I usually can spot things quite well on scans…sorry that this has left you confused like this!
    It’s true that the 17-23 w scans should be more accurate as baby isn’t as big and squished, but at 32w, if the view is good, they should still be able to know with a high degree of accuracy…all depends on the operator and bub’s position I guess. It might be you are in limbo until birth

TP – I can see from your signature that you’ve progressed further on the IVF – do you have a thread where I can follow your journey hon?
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

6. Likes MiaMelb, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Admittedly I don’t find the pics very easy to read at all, and I usually can spot things quite well on scans…sorry that this has left you confused like this!
    It’s true that the 17-23 w scans should be more accurate as baby isn’t as big and squished, but at 32w, if the view is good, they should still be able to know with a high degree of accuracy…all depends on the operator and bub’s position I guess. It might be you are in limbo until birth

TP – I can see from your signature that you’ve progressed further on the IVF – do you have a thread where I can follow your journey hon?
    Yes! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...cle-1-cny.html

Unfortunately my bad luck streak continues

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I'm sorry you're in a confusing period. At 32 weeks, baby is already big enough that genitals are getting squashed and hard to decipher -- so 17 and 23 weeks are actually more accurate in terms of ultrasounds for that part of the anatomy. It's very possible she wasn't writing girl but something else. I'd love for you to get your desired gender! I just don't know if I'd get my hopes up this late in the game. Mistakes always happen as ultrasounds are imperfect. Your 23 week one does look a tad ambiguous to me, but 17 weeks pretty boyish. Best of luck to you!
    Exactly. Ultrasounds actually get less reliable as pregnancy progresses not more. I would still expect a baby boy but I'd also love it if I was wrong LOL.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hon so sorry to hear that – sucks
    Shame it seems I can’t access it because I am not a paying member on the site though so can’t really see what happened - from your signature seems there was an issue with the XY embryo…. FX the next steps yield much more positive results!!
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

10. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not a dream member either TP otherwise would have loved to have read along. Understand that you may want to keep the process a bit more private. I really wish you luck and hope that it's just a matter of time til you get your little boy.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

12. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (Sorry to move in on this post -- eek, sorry Sagirl!)

I actually didn't mean to keep it private, haha! I just went to where all the cycle posts were, I forget which sections are paid or not. But yes, our boy had Trisomy 8. And, figures, I'd have a normal girl. This cycle, especially after further follow up conversations with the embryologist, say that our issues have likely been husband's sperm all along We had 9 perfect embryos until Day 3/4, when sperm DNA kicks in -- then ended up with two.

We'll be doing a DNA sperm fragmentation test, as if it's high enough, we may extract (we'll see). Husband is seeing a urologist though as this last analyses was verrrrrrry bad and we're concerned there may be a physical issue. REALLY hoping there is no genetic/chromosome component where we might never end up with a healthy boy

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes sorry to hijack Sagirl.

TP wow. What's amazing is that you have a beautiful healthy little girl inspite of all DH issues, particularly as you suggested you both are much healthier now then perhaps you were then.

I'm really sorry that there may be some underlying genetic issue with any potential boys. Have the docs suggested this or are you thoerising based on the normal xx (and healthy DD1) and abnormal xy? When are these next tests? And any talk yet of ivf cycle 2?
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast