Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having babies back to back (close in age)

I've read and seen alot of stories where getting pregnant months after first usually ends up being same gender? Again probably just a casualty but am wondering if anyone knows if there is more info backing this info up? Or if there are any personal stories? Would love to hear from you ladies!!! I personally have 2 boys 23 months apart and 1 girl which is 2 years and 8 months apart from my second.

2. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know quite a few sets of Irish twins (less than 1year between)
    My mum- 2DD 11months apart
    My MIL 2sets 2DD and DS DD
    Friend in work had DD, DS & DS within 2 1/2 years
    Sis friend DS, DD and is expecting a team green very soon. All 3 back to back
    Friends sis had 3DD in 2 1/2 years had an older DD and DS also

I don't think there is any real pattern and I believe could be influenced by how the mother is coping during the newborn phase.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Mcf11 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ I totally agree with you Pearl. I think it has more to do with the mother's diet PP and other habits that may sway blue or pink.

Everyone in my world has had girls close together in age but they unknowingly adopted classic girl habits to lose weight or simply due to being too tired from the nursing demands.

DS1🏼, DS2, DS3 Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD for my DH!!

6. Thanks Mcf11 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 boys born 15m apart and my friend has two boys 12m apart, but think that it was diet and exercise etc that produced our boys I was definitely doing an unintentional boy sway with my first (preseed, multiple attempts in fertile window, prenatal vitamins, just walking daily so light exercise). less of a 'sway' second time around (one attempt, not taking any vitamins, didnt use lube) but my diet and exercise patterns were the same and anyway my first needed a brother lol xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

8. Thanks Mcf11 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree I am a firm believer in swaying, diet and lifestyle!!! I was on the pill with both my boys and took antibiotics because of strep throat, was doing exercise and ate rather healthy specifically loved cashews and was my to go snack when I needed something to munch on so that unintentional sway brought my two ds which are very close (and fight that much as well) lol interesting to hear about different perspectives though!!! Hugs to all!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's all about maternal condition and fertility, (high condition and high fertility tend to sway blue, and vice versa) so as a general rule, close child spacings tend to sway pink because you may not have recovered from previous pregnancy and often your body suppresses fertility as a result. Breastfeeding also has a part to play in this because breastfeeding suppresses fertility too.

BUT, the funny thing about it is that primarily women in good condition are ABLE to get pregnant while breastfeeding and/or with close child spacing. So even though it probably sways pink to have babies close together, women who are ABLE to have close child spacing may be coming in more set for blue to begin with. If you come in to TTC with 80% chance of a boy and end up 60% likely to have a boy (with close spacing, reduced fertility, etc) that is still going to be more boys conceived overall even though it sways hugely pink! (hope this makes sense, difficult concept to explain)

I got DS 1 and 2 3 1/2 years apart, DS 3 and 4 21 months apart, and DS 4 and DD was about the same as your DD, 2 years and 8 months or so
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes Mcf11 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcf11 View Post
    I agree I am a firm believer in swaying, diet and lifestyle!!! I was on the pill with both my boys and took antibiotics because of strep throat, was doing exercise and ate rather healthy specifically loved cashews and was my to go snack when I needed something to munch on so that unintentional sway brought my two ds which are very close (and fight that much as well) lol interesting to hear about different perspectives though!!! Hugs to all!!
    I too have eaten a shocking amount of cashews and gotten boys that way. Cashews are like a food group to me.

13. Likes Mcf11 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah cashews were huge thing for me before concieving my boys!! So only question I have is what if the mom never breastfed and has a rather "calm" setting baby sleeps almost full night, would this be maternal condition? Or better yet what is considered high condition? I am really intrigued by this!! @atomicsagebrush thanks for the response!!! Oxox

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, if you did not nurse and are calm, mellow, eating good, getting a lot of sleep, mod exercise, regular cycles, then it's high maternal condition and may sway blue. (despite quick spacing)

17. Thanks Mcf11 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no my little son is 10 months. 1 want to try when he is 1 year and 5 months. I am currently breastfeeding. Will I have a boy. I really want a girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast