Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

need advice on trying again after miscarriage

i had missed miscarriage when we went for the 12 weeks scan in oct and they couldnt find a heartbeat,said baby had stopped growing at about 8 weeks.
    i miscarriaged naturally at 14 weeks but had to have a scrape.
    i was advised to take a pregnancy test 3 weeks after which i did and it was negative.
    my first period was roughly 4 weeks later bled sat -tuesday not that heavy and painful then had slight red/brown bleeding thurs-sat
    Anyway i feel like im ready to try again,but im in two minds what to do,since my bfp in august i stopped doing the le diet along with everything else we were doing for swaying,since the miscarriage i didnt eat much for the first 2 weeks as i went off my food,when my appetite picked up i havent been doing any diet,i havent really been snacking inbetween meals,had a few bowls of cereal in the last few weeks,also had meat,usually pork (but not loads of it) and chicken.been having a 13-14 hour fast between tea and breakfast without even realising.i havent put any weight on at all since before getting pregnant.
    now my question is,if my opk's come up positive this week,should we try this week as ive heard the first cycles after miscarriage sway pink,or leave it till nxt month.ideally time wise if we did get pregnant first time,this month would be good as due date would be september.
    i have decided if we do try this month or next month and dont get caught i will wait till next summer due to the fact we cant afford to have another baby oct-jan time as all our familys birthdays are around about that time
    The only reason im thinking of trying this first or second cycle is because people have said it sways girl.are there any stats regarding this?
    thanks for any help
    Last edited by eleena2014; December 16th, 2014 at 07:07 AM.
    8 12 2014 wishing and praying for a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eleena - there are stats for getting pregnant immediately following a m/c (ie no AF in between) and it's 80%+ pink right now. It is believed the first cycle after your first AF still sways pink (this is when I personally conceived but no idea on gender yet). I don't believe there are stats on the first cycle after the first AF, however, your m/c was fairly late in the first trimester so it really should still sway even after getting AF.

For me we were going to take a break after October, so the cycle I conceived was kind of a one last shot attempt. After having a m/c I was very ready to move on and despite being off the diet during my short pregnancy, I still felt ok moving forward. In your shoes I would attempt but obviously it's not black or white whether more time on the diet is better or the effects of the m/c will sway pink more. Good luck!!!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am hoping to get a positive opk later this week also

I have heard atomic say the second cycle after mc sways a little also. Just try your best to keep to LE. Definitely stick to one attempt

Good luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    is there any point me sticking to diet? if my cycles are back on track i should get a +opk this thursday!!!
    i didnt prepare for trying again so soon as i didnt feel ready at all after the miscarriage,i couldnt even bare thinking about trying again

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    also wondering if this is safe after having a scrape so i have had the doctor to give me a call back later today

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eleena2014 View Post
    also wondering if this is safe after having a scrape so i have had the doctor to give me a call back later today
    I can almost guarantee your dr will say to wait to TTC. Dr's are usually overly cautious. No offense to any dr

Emotionally if you think you are not ready I wouldn't. Take a break and give yourself time to heal. Then sway when you are ready.

If you do make an attempt I would still stick to LE. Especially in the 2ww.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i did ask when i went for a prescription and he said whenever your ready but wait till you have had a period,and i asked him if this is different if youve had a scrape and he said he didnt think so? ive read on lots of sites where it is advised to wait 2 cycles after a scrape? im scared my lining will be too weak or something

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would ask your dr. If they think you need to wait after a scrape. I had a dnc this past Friday(I was about 8 weeks, baby only at 6). I am waiting until after my first Af. Like you, I want to get pregnant jan/feb because I would like to avoid another dec-march birthday.

We are also ttc a girl. I am not worrying as much about the sway this time. A healthy baby is more important at this point to me than the gender. Don't get me wrong a little girl would be ideal. During the 6 weeks I knew I was pregnant, I kept up the 60-70 min of cardio, so that's a no brainer to continue for me. I'm not going to stress about how much salt, protein, ect. I am going to work on no breakfast or snacks and staying around 1500-1800 cal. This time of year it is not easy to do!

I gained 7 lbs in my few weeks of pregnancy, so hopefully it loose a few of those before next month, but I'm not going to stress too much over it if it doesn't.

I wish you best of luck! If in your mind your ready to try again I say go for it!! For me personally I feel getting pregnant again will help with the empty feeling I have from my loss, but everyone is different. Do what's right for you, but I would consult with the dr to make sure they give you the ok
    Feb. '11
    Dec. '12
    Dec. '14
    Praying for 2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with tarasue. When I was TTC before my loss I didn't seem as rushed to get pg. Now I am very anxious to be pregnant again. Seems like that will be the best thing to fill the emptiness.

Here's the thing though. The feelings you are having about something going wrong because of your lining are not going to go away. If it is not your lining you are worried about it will be something else. I am not sure if being pregnant after a mc will ever be worry free

Sounds like you have had your first af. And your dr has already given you the green light. If af has come an you've had days after with no bleeding that should be a little reassuring that your lining is building up.

Hoping you can find peace in your decision whether to try or not.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    everything was just so perfect when i was pregnant,the timing,my sway,the due date,it just doesnt seem fair that this was takeen away from us.Will wait and see what the doctor says,if she says it is ok this month,im hoping i havent missed my ovulation this month as i have had some pains today,not sure if ovulation cramps.my dh is bringing me some opk's today

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast