Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

9 weeks pregnant/can cravings reveal gender?

Hi ladies,
    I am 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and was wondering what you guys thought of cravings.
    I have been craving apples, oranges, bagels, some chicken and fish, eggs, cheese, fries, Mac and cheese, potatoes, chocolate, salad, and spinach leaves
    Things that make me gag are hamburger meat, white sandwich bread, not a fan if pizza, and red sauce.
    I also had and still have breast tenderness, waves of nausea, I've been very tired and have trouble remembering and focusing. What do you think?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't believe cravings indicate gender good luck though! What are you hoping for? X

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They don't indicate much. My sister had polar opposite pregnancies with symptoms and cravings but had 2 boys.
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep same here. Totally different pregnancy for DS3. Craving all the sweet stuff and supposedly girl foods, and nope he's still a boy
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies, I read some more after I posted this and saw most believe it doesn't have any value. I have an ultrasound Dec 11th and hopefully I will get some good shots to share with the group and get some opinions. I am hoping for a girl. Praying it was 0+12 with this pregnancy which would be a first. The ultrasound should tell me when I conceived bc this was definitely a surprise!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO, cravings DO NOT indicate gender, I can tell you that with absolutely 100% certainty based on the experiences of hundreds of women I've talked to. Tons of people have written me in a panic over things they were craving or not craving and there has never been anything to it at all.

IF cravings indicate anything, they ~may~ indicate things you body is craving. Or, another theory says that they may be protecting you from things your body feels are "unsafe" foods that may harm your baby. So something that may have made you sick in the past or that subconsiously you feel is not safe, you may have an aversion to.

At 9 weeks pregnant, XX and XY babies are identical in every single way. THe Y chromosome does not even kick in until 10 weeks and doesn't really get making testosterone until more like 11-12 weeks. THere is absolutely no possible way that your symptoms or cravings could tell you anything about gender at this stage because there is hormonally no difference between boy and girl babies right now. To all intents and purposes you are pregnant with a girl till the Y chromosome kicks in.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by odd View Post
    They don't indicate much. My sister had polar opposite pregnancies with symptoms and cravings but had 2 boys.
    my DD and DS 2 pg were very similar, my 3 other sons were similar.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with Atomic sage, they don't indicte gender but rather may be an indicator that you are defficient in certain minerals or nutrients. A friend of my ex used to swear by it (but only the cravings you have very early in pregnancy if you had any at all). It did work for me and I did crave sweet and sweet/sour very early on when I was pregnant with both my daughters. This however, is a fun coincidence and nothing factual.

I've also found that pregnancy multivitamins tend to ease cravings if taken before and throughout pregnancy.

and expecting

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    During the ninth week of pregnancy your baby begins to put on weight. The tail that was once there should have disappeared by now, and the organs and muscles should be functioning on their own. Although the sex organs are developed, your doctor won’t be able to distinguish them yet. That will happen during the second trimester.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mood swings are common now - it's perfectly normal to feel alternately elated and terrified about becoming a parent. Read more here: motherhow.com/9-weeks-pregnant/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast