Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fetal heart rate with Doppler

Hi ladies. I am curious when you first heard your baby's heart beat? With DS 1 I was almost 9 weeks and DS 2 I was 9 weeks a couple days. This baby...at 10 weeks 1 day I don't hear a thing. My midwife lent me a Doppler to play around with and so far I don't hear it. I am a tad freaked. I am small, thinner than I was with last pregnancies, so there shouldn't be a reason not to hear it. With the crappy LE diet I was on I worry that this little one is not well.
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LE Diet as written is 100% safe for moms and babies and is based on the recommendation of the World Health ORganization and various health agencies worldwide as the safe minimum nutrient intake prior to pregnancy for women of childbearing age.

The location of your baby and placenta makes a major difference in when you hear the heartbeat. We have all had times where we go into an appointment even pretty late on in pg and they can't find the heartbeat right away. You aren't a professionaly trained baby-heartbeat-finder, 9-10 weeks is pretty darn early anyway, and I would step away from the Doppler and give it a week or two.

Personally, I would have more concerns about Dopplering my stomach a lot - I know on paper it's supposed to be perfectly safe but I wouldn't be doing it if not necessary.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your placenta is up front, it can be harder to pick up the HB.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for calling the diet crappy! I have a bit of knowledge about nutrition and by those standards, for me, it was crappy. Eating white rice 5 times a week is not a very nutritional diet when I am used to eating whole grains and sweet potatoes. I felt like crap (could be a combo from the cardio too) on the diet, I had numerous cold viruses and generally felt "unhealthy" so my concerns about a healthy baby are legitimate, I think, especially considering how healthy I was and felt when I conceived my boys. Perhaps I was too strict on the diet? Very well could be it.

I have a bit of experience with finding fetal hearts with a Doppler as well! Not my own, I will add. I just worry because it's not my pregnancy norm and was curious what other women experienced in their pregnancies.

I never thought about the placenta! Absolutely could be why I don't hear it, sometimes it's difficult to be practical when it's your own body! I have only listened twice for a grand total of about 4 minutes so I am not too concerned about ultrasound exposure.
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It could very well be an anterior placenta (on the front wall). I can understand your worrying though. We all worry when pregnant, it is hard not to. Hugs and try to go easy on yourself. Also I can imagine you will be more tired this time round. You are pregnant and now you have two older children to look after so definitely the most work your body has done so far. And I am not sure how old you are but of coarse older than before so that could make you more tired too.
    I really hope this is a healthy baby girl for you FX
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And I can imagine the LE diet would take some getting used to too. I had such a typical boy diet when my boys were conceived. I'd be so hungry on the LE. I LOVE eating. Having a full tummy of good food is awesome. Can't wait for Christmas, munch munch munch
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry too much as so many factors come into play. Have you seen the heart beating on an ultrasound or heard it at any point yet? It can be a tricky thing to find even at your gestation because of positioning and angle. Sometimes putting it straight you wont hear it but tip it a bit and there it is. Mine are always tricky because of my unfortunate extra padding and baby going bonkers and not wanting to hold still so they have to chase baby around with the doppler.
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The diet was a drastic change for me! I also love food but not just food, I love nutrient dense stuff, healthy fats and snacking! Th diet sucked! I was hungry all the time and felt awful.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahri View Post
    Don't worry too much as so many factors come into play. Have you seen the heart beating on an ultrasound or heard it at any point yet? It can be a tricky thing to find even at your gestation because of positioning and angle. Sometimes putting it straight you wont hear it but tip it a bit and there it is. Mine are always tricky because of my unfortunate extra padding and baby going bonkers and not wanting to hold still so they have to chase baby around with the doppler.
    I haven't had an early ultrasound. I won't have one until the 20 week anomaly scan, unless the MaterniT21 test indicates the need for a scan.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a huge difference between an optimal diet you feel great on, and something that's harming your baby. That's all I'm trying to say. I would not EVER EVER EVER suggest or recommend anything that I thought was harmful to babies in any way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast