Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Subsequent pregnancy jitters

My first pregnancy with DS I was calm as a cucumber. My water broke with no contractions and I drove myself to the hospital less than 10 minutes away. It was just me to worry about though no one else. My husband works out of town so driving myself BEFORE labor gets advanced is still the plan this time. I feel slightly more psycho about this time because I have to worry about DS. We are going to pack and situate the car this month as I am due in June but in the case of early arrival in late May I want to be on the ball. DS pack and play to sleep overnight during the actual day of labor, DD's car seat already installed, my and DD's hospital bags packed and loaded in the trunk etc. Only 2 choices of sitter being a friend in town and my parents (dread) 45 minutes away. DS just needs to be watched during the labor and that's it. I dread my parents taking him because they would try to keep him longer instead of bringing him when they get the all clear phone call. DH will be 6 hours or less away which is no different than the last time.
    The plan as it sits is leave for the hospital early enough that I am not in pain and still safe to drive with DS in tow. Walk around the facility with him in his stroller until its time because I'm not going to be confined to the bed when I don't have to be. One of the two sitters gets called to come collect DS for the duration and hopefully DH arriving soon after he gets the "baby time!!" phone call. Combination nerve block epidural will unfortunately have to be done because of my health problems and in the event that my bad hip makes a c-section, episiotomy, or extraction at the last second a reality so I have to make sure I have enough time for that. Sounds like I've got it all worked out right? What if neither sitter is available and hubby still on his way? I mean they aren't just going to let DS hang out in his stroller I'm sure! What if I can't safely drive myself and an ambulance is necessary? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this freak out for those of you on second and subsequent pregnancies! Send me some zen ladies!!
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have all the answers but I do know that the L and D nurses have seen it all and if the worst comes to worst and you have to show up at the hospital with DS in tow, they have had that happen before and have measures in place to deal with it!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Nahri liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I go by the saying it will be alright on the night! try not to stress too much and have your friend know from a certain date to keep her phone on loud always
    DS1 2011 DS2 2013. Successful sway August 2015

5. Likes Nahri liked this post