Thread: Vbac Q's

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vbac Q's

So My Dr wants to induce with pitocin for my vbac2c if I'm dilated at 39 weeks but I'm really nervous..... Can someone let me know of their vbac experiences? It's still early, but I can't stop thinking about it.... Really want to avoid a third c section if I can.... Also, what are ways of natural induction that might actually work? Thanks!!
    (8) (4)
    Praying & swaying for a
    due March 9th 2016 with a !!!!

Thank you Atomic & Gender Dreaming!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DreamofPink hopefully will chime in with her experience 2 years ago.....but as for me, mine was a VBAC following a section with DS2 to him presenting footling breach when I was fully dialated. My last little one took a few extra days than the other 2 did to bake, and I let my body do the work as opposed to meds. Do you have that option?

My VBAC rocked for the record.......if you get the chance to find out for yourself, you will say the same thing!!!!!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

3. Thanks Ashforblue thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashforblue View Post
    So My Dr wants to induce with pitocin for my vbac2c if I'm dilated at 39 weeks but I'm really nervous..... Can someone let me know of their vbac experiences? It's still early, but I can't stop thinking about it.... Really want to avoid a third c section if I can.... Also, what are ways of natural induction that might actually work? Thanks!!
    My second child was a stillborn VBAC (he was gone before induction, but my doc didn't want to subject me to a cesarean under the circumstances, esp since I was seeking a VBAC anyway) Induction CAN be done but it has to be done by someone experienced with induced VBACs, and VBACs in general. What my OB did was give me a vaginal suppository to soften and ready my cervix... I ended up getting 2-3 of those before they started the pitocin drip. He started at the lowest possible dose and it was enough to move things along for me. My next birth was another cesarean because he was very large, so this is my only experience with VBAC. Good luck!
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

5. Thanks Ashforblue thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies! My body has never gone into labor before so that makes it a little more challenging my dr said.... He's done a lot of vbacs before, so I'm assuming (hoping) he knows what he's doing! I'll ask about the stuff to soften cervix b/c he never mentioned that! He said that if my cervix doesn't dilate then I have to have another c-section.... I'm going to ask about that though!!! I was nervous when he mentioned pitocin since I've heard you weren't suppose to induce with a section, but maybe it'll be ok!
    (8) (4)
    Praying & swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can be dangerous, it takes a gentle hand so to speak. There is more than one kind of suppository used in induction and one is a bad idea according to my doc but he used one that he said was a hormone or something... something your body naturally uses to soften and ready the cervix, but a synthetic version. It's been a loooooong time though so I don't remember a lot of details.

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼
    🏃I'm mobile! 🚗 TwoInTow83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

8. Thanks Ashforblue thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am curious as to why your doc wants to induce you at 39 weeks? Honestly, if baby is not ready to come then most likely the induction will lead to another c/s. I am a VBAC mom myself as well as a doula. I just wish I knew why docs can't be patient and wait for babies to come.

10. Thanks Ashforblue thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, twointow83 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what I don't understand either! Maybe I should look for another dr.... I'm hoping & praying this baby will come on his own to avoid all this
    (8) (4)
    Praying & swaying for a

12. Likes twointow83 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have any VBAC friendly dr's in your area? I mean truly VBAC friendly? I know they are hard to find where I am. vbacfacts.com is a great source of information.

14. Likes twointow83, Ashforblue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear so many of my fellow American moms that hear this from their doc if they will even do a vbac. You shouldn't do anything that raises chance of csec and inductions are on that list. Some babes don't handle them well. You have the final say. I would go along for now if you otherwise like him and then if u get to 39 weeks tell him you're not comfortable inducing.
    Its A Girl!!

16. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    I am curious as to why your doc wants to induce you at 39 weeks? Honestly, if baby is not ready to come then most likely the induction will lead to another c/s. I am a VBAC mom myself as well as a doula. I just wish I knew why docs can't be patient and wait for babies to come.
    that's what I was thinking too. Pitocin can be hard on ya anyway (my two difficult births I was on Pit) and since you don't really know what to expect anyway I would just be wary of induction when you may not even need it.

I don't have any advice but just wish you the best of luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ