Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Meat Aversion due to LE Diet

I was just curious if anyone else has a meat aversion in their pregnancy after doing the LE diet. I wasn't eating any meat for so long that I wonder if my body is just off it. I realize people don't sway and also have meat aversions but this is pregnancy #3 and new territory for me. I am trying to prevent having Gestational diabetes again and part of that is eating a diet high in protein and low in carbs, but I'm having a tough time stomaching a lot of protein sources.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I did, I just ate what I could when I could. I don't know if it was the LE Diet because I often go through phases when I'm iffy on meat, but during my post-LE pregnancy it was definitely at its most extreme.

I could do dairy, pot roast, and Big Macs LOL so I did those things as much as I could.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks BabsNMK thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like there has to be some connection. I'm such a meat girl and can't do it right now. The first time in my life I've willingly opted for a veggie burger. At least chicken is ok for me. But eggs, beef, pork and about 50% of seafood are no go.

Atomic was it the entire pregnancy or did it pass at some point? My GD test is ina month and if I'm positive u fortunately I'll have to force myself through the aversion which sounds awful.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the LE and went full on vegan.
    Since being pregnant ...maybe week 7, all I want is meat so the opposite of you.

Definitely just eat what you can, not sure about Gestational Diabetes, but they tend to suggest slower release carbs right ?
    Could you choose things a bit lower on the GI ?
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentally I want meat. I like the idea of it and then it's near me and I get nauseous. I have no cravings only strong dislike. Very funny to me.

Yes low GI helps but honestly the only way I got through the last pregnancy (diagnosed at 28 weeks) was with an essentially paleo diet and a ton of cheese. I had to eat eggs for breakfast every single day unless I was feeling crazy and just ate something like steak. Subsequent GD pregnancies are usually diagnosed earlier so if Im diagnosed at 14 weeks that's a long long time with Foods I can't stomach. But maybe I'll outgrow this phase.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First trimester then it eased off. The problem for me was that I was anemic and I really had a tough time because dairy also inhibits iron, so you may want to consider adding in an iron supp after talking to your doc about it.

Interestingly, I also had a strong inability to eat garlic with that pregnancy and I had not avoided or limited that on LE!!

9. Likes BabsNMK liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES!! im not a big meat eater anyway but during my last pregnancy (LE sway) i had a complete meat aversion right the way through, i couldnt eat meat the thought of putting it in my mouth made my skin crawl and cooking it and plating it up for my family was horrid, the smell of it was disgusting to me along with the way it looked and i've never been like that before.

i never thought it could be linked but now ive seen this thread it makes sense!!
    now 6blue5pink

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that you conceived at a period where your body had become dependent on not eating it. So it's your body's way of telling you it still isn't needed. I find the idea really fascinating. Just like when I was dairy free for over a year, I couldn't eat dairy without it making me sick once I reintroduced. My meat aversion is far stronger than any dairy illness I ever felt, but same concept. It's like meat has become a foreign invader.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the alternate explanation is that it's psychological somehow, that we spent so long thinking of it as "no-no" that it's still that way in our minds and it's manifesting physically. But like I say, the garlic thing was way stronger for me and I hadn't avoided that.

15. Likes BabsNMK liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had massive meat aversion during 2nd pregnancy, nothing to do with LE, though as no swaying! I think it is one of those fairly common aversions. Mine were meat (couldn't even prepare it/look at it, the smell or taste bananas, and going anywhere near a certain dishwashing detergent!

17. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post