Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How did you prepare yourself to find out gender?

Im not sure if this is the right forum to post this but I am curious if anyone found out any certain way, such as having a specific person tell you or making sure you were alone or anything at all. I think we will do the sneak peek dna test but not sure if i should just have the results mailed to my husband because i dont know if i can handle finding out alone or what. Im sure im probably way overthinking this but pregnancy #3 and #4 finding out they were boys were extremely low points in my life. Like crying for days. I know that is ridiculous but it felt like a loss of a dream each time. I know i will adore another baby boy but man, my heart longs for a daughter desperately.
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first was my DD and I desperately wanted a boy for my second. My DH did NOT want to know, so I secretly snuck off for an U/S on my own. I got my boy, but I think I would have had to be alone if I had heard girl. I hope you get yours
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I didn't get an official confirmation until the anatomy scan, I did a lot of nub theory stuff to try and prepare myself for the scan. Since I was so anxious and depressed about the scan beforehand, I scheduled an appointment with my therapist with both DH and me right after the scan so I'd be able to work through the initial issues with a professional right away (that's how sure I was DD would be a girl lol).

For next pregnancy, I'll be doing one of the NIPT tests at 10w no matter what and would have my therapist appointment either opening results with them or maybe scheduling it soon after phone results.

It's tricky with someone else reading results to you -- if they know how you'll feel with your undesired result, it might be either good for them to know justhow to break the news to you or conversely, feel stressed themselves at how to tell you.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush, Shenanigans liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still trying to decide if I'll pay the money for a NIPT blood test or just wait until the 20-week u/s, but I think I'd prefer to be alone when I find out if it's possible to arrange things that way. It's not that I think I'll freak out or anything, but I would hate to have other people judging me for my reaction if I'm a bit disappointed, or making it worse by saying "oh poor you, three boys", etc, etc.

I actually really don't want to share the gender with extended family in advance because of this, but my DH blabs EVERYTHING so the only way it will stay secret is if I keep it a secret from him, lol.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally preferred finding out alone, I told absolutely no one and went to my ultrasound alone, DH stayed home. I felt it took the pressure of of me having to put on a brave face for anyone.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Erin514, NACIREMADREAM, Shenanigans liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just had this debate and have now made a plan ...
    I had my blood drawn yesterday for my Harmony test and I've asked the results to be emailed to my husband then he's going to arrange a gender reveal with the help of our little boys (5&2) just for me as it's our last baby I didn't want to find out on the phone or in a scan at least this way it'll be quite exciting even if it is another boy x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We did the NIPT blood work and they sent the results to my doctors office. When I went for my appointment I walk in and flat out told nurse and doc- Do not tell me the gender. She wrote it on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope. Hubby and I waited till we got home to open it. I had my eyes closed and he opened it and when I was ready I told him to say it out loud. He said "It's a girl" and I was in total shock (that is what we wanted). The moments leading up to opening it I was shaking and so scared how I would handle it if the paper said boy. We got the whole thing on video so it is a nice memory to have.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes NACIREMADREAM, MiaMelb, Shenanigans liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not suffered from GD, but if I did, I would totally want to know the news on my terms in private. I like the idea of them writing it down for you to open at your discretion.

I am planning a simple gender reveal for my DH, if this baby is his much longed for DD. I want to be able to capture the moment on video for him.

FX and GL to you!!

8/2010, 6/2013, & 11/2015
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink