Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic! Diet recommendations for first trimester?

Hi atomic! How are you doing?
    I don't know if I'm posting in the right place.
    I just got my BFP after HT and I'm happy but cautious... I still haven't seen a heartbeat so I'm trying to keep calm
    I was wondering if you have a guide for first trimester dietary recommendations
    Like how much coffee, if any, Diet Coke, and ideas about which foods we should try eating for a healthy pg.
    I know that what will happen will happen, but maybe there are some things that can help keep my bean stick!!! I don't know! I'm desperate and rambling 🤣🤣
    If you can help with any ideas I will be grateful

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Pinkmama and huge congrats!!

Mostly it's pretty self-explanatory - eat a good amount of protein, healthy fats (like those in full fat dairy and eggs), fruit, and veg. You may want to be verry cautious with things like salad and raw veg as they can sometimes cause food poisoning. It's not super common, but if you have the option I'd stick with cooked veg as much as possible and fruit that you can peel instead of things like soft fresh berries.
    But that having been said, if you find you are very nauseous and can't eat those things, have aversions, etc, the main thing is that you eat ANYTHING you can in that scenaro. Some people are so afraid of eating "bad" things after their IVF rounds that they end up not eating anything, because they can't eat healthy foods and they're scared to eat things that they are craving. So even if all you can keep down is ice cream, that is still calories coming in.

You'll of course want to avoid or cook deli meats and heat all leftovers to piping hot before eating. Don't eat either of those things if they're older than a couple days. Just not worth it. Avoid unpasteurized juices, sushi, fresh cheese - I'm sure you know all that already but it may be even more important for HT gals than it is for the rest of us.

Fish no more than 2x a week max.

Please be careful with things like garlic, curries, eggplant, nuts, pineapple core, hot pepper, cinnamon, and anything else that may thin the blood. The reason for this is because many HT ladies will develop SCH bleeds and since you're already usually on blood thinners, I have found that many ladies will really be loading up on things they perceive as healthy/good for implantation - but virtually all things claimed to "help implantation" do really thin the blood. So eating them in normal amounts is ok, but people eating a cup of walnuts and garlic eggplant curry and pineapple every day may end up actually causing more harm than good since their blood gets super thin and SCH will bleed a lot in that scenario. Just use your best judgement on that.

After all you've been through with HT I would probably try to keep coffee minimal - no more than 1 per day.

I'd also avoid tea, especially green tea; while healthy it can block folic acid/folate.

Be sure you're continuing your multivitamin/prenatal and the fish oil as prescribed by your doc.

I like everyone to take 1000 IU Vit. D when pregnant.

I also strongly suggest a good probiotic started right away and continued on until birth! It may help prevent infections (even Group B strep) and may even help with nausea during the first trimester.

What else are you taking?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you SO MUCH atomic!!!
    This is great info!!!
    I'm taking metformin, estrogen 2 mg pills 3x day and progesterone 200 mg suppositories (vaginal, sorry if TMI) 3x day, folic acid 5 mg and prenatal. My RE made my drop fish oil and coq10 after transfer, no explanation at all.
    Should I add more vitamin d even though I'm taking prenatal? I'm taking only 500 UI with that pill. Maybe I can add 500 more??
    OMG about the green teaaaa!!! I was taking it thinking it had less caffeine!! Dropping it right now.
    I decided not to take coffee at all, just one cup of regular tea a day and half cup of Diet Coke a day (is Diet Coke that bad??)
    Interesting about the blood thinners! Not taking any of those foods anyway
    Well, many thanks again, you have so much knowledge! And are very sweet ❤️

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're in N. Europe then I'd add in the extra D. Most all of us who live in the northerly climes are somewhat deficient and many sources have people take more than that. I think 1000 IU is a good compromise between getting a good level and being sure that people who are not deficient, are not getting enough.

Yes doctors are not good at getting the word out on green tea so yes I'd ditch that. REgular tea 1 cup a day is fine since you are taking that much folic anyway. Small amount of diet Coke is also fine.

Happy to be of help!! Good luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you're in N. Europe then I'd add in the extra D. Most all of us who live in the northerly climes are somewhat deficient and many sources have people take more than that. I think 1000 IU is a good compromise between getting a good level and being sure that people who are not deficient, are not getting enough.

Yes doctors are not good at getting the word out on green tea so yes I'd ditch that. REgular tea 1 cup a day is fine since you are taking that much folic anyway. Small amount of diet Coke is also fine.

Happy to be of help!! Good luck!
    I'm in Brasil, so not much problem with Vitamin D. Enough sun exposure for me. Still, I'm going to add some. It won't hurt.
    Thanks again sweetie!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post