Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP! hyperemesis gravidarum

I am 5w4d and throwing up already! Every scent in my house good and bad is making me feel nauseated. I’ve dealt with severe hyperemesis gravidarum my last 3 pregnancies. I took zofran to help during my previous pregnancies, but I am not open to taking it so early on in pregnancy. What can I do to help with the nausea and vomiting. Any advice? I’ve been stepping outside to get fresh air but today I just feel so terrible and nothing is helping!! I have 3 kiddos that need my assistance throughout the day. HELP!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do sour candies help you at all?? That is the only thing that kept me from throwing up every day (which I did with my first pg before I figured it out) Just something very sour like lemon drops or jolly ranchers.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry. i had this really bad with my last baby. I broke down and went on zofran at 6 weeks telling myself that i wasnt doing the baby any favors if i couldnt take care of myself. it was really really bad. She was born perfect with no palate issues of any kind. My doctors seem to think that its more precautionary at this point, they still dont have any proof that zofran in early pregnancy was THE deciding factor for the women who took it and had cleft issues..that they are still trying to work through the studies..all of this contributed to me saying "I gotta do this for me, and take the risk"

maybe i was lucky, maybe its not luck at all though and zofran isnt whats causing the issues for those other women. That was the only thing that helped me, i tried everything else, all the folk remedies, the new drug they have that doesnt do crap for me btw thats supposedly safe..i needed zofran my whole pregnancy with DD4.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Study found no correlation https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0509085944.htm

think on this - women with HG can often not eat, can't take vitamins, up to and including folic acid/folate. Nutrient deficiency also linked to cleft palate. So I suspect correlation, not causation.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommytoboyz View Post
    I am 5w4d and throwing up already! Every scent in my house good and bad is making me feel nauseated. I’ve dealt with severe hyperemesis gravidarum my last 3 pregnancies. I took zofran to help during my previous pregnancies, but I am not open to taking it so early on in pregnancy. What can I do to help with the nausea and vomiting. Any advice? I’ve been stepping outside to get fresh air but today I just feel so terrible and nothing is helping!! I have 3 kiddos that need my assistance throughout the day. HELP!
    My last pregnancy, it started early as well. 6 weeks. It was miserable. Everyone was miserable. I think I had 6 ER visits for fluids before 12 weeks. One thing that helped me was essential oils. Specifically peppermint and lemon. All I did was open the bottle and smell. That is it. Anytime I felt nausea, I would immediately go to the oil cabinet. It helped. And Sonic ice was a God-send. I just kept a big cup full of ice water. The more I could keep down, the better I felt. I finally accepted that getting something in my belly was better than nothing. I’m just so sorry you’re going through this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ice Water was the only thing i found helped, i hope you feel better soon bad sickness is so rough if you need the meds then take them, as Atomic said nutrient deficiency because you cant eat/keep anything down isnt good for you or the baby either, if meds are the only way you can eat and take your folic acid/vitamins then you need them
    now 6blue5pink

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post