Thread: Sea bands

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sea bands

Just wondering have u guys used sea bands to help with nausea/ sickness? How did you get on?
    I remember with my first i had it so bad that i got the bands but later down in preg and wasnt sure if they actually helped or not. Ive started feeling sick already and so tired that ive decided to give these bands a go as i really really hope i can control the sickness as in pretty much all my pregnancies the sickness gets so bad that i cant even look after my boys.
    Anyonw think they are not good in pregnancy?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think they hurt anything.

Have you ever tried sour candy?? That was the only thing that got me through some of my pregnancies. BEfore I got up I would pop a piece of sour candy in my mouth and suck on them all day except for meals.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not tried sour candies, i started having normal hard boiled sweets but that ends up being so many through the day which makes me feel nervous having so many a day!
    I put the band on last night when i started to feel really nauseous and they seemed to help (unless it was just all in my head) i took them off in the day and felt dodgy a few times so just had something little to eat each time.
    Will see how tonight goes.
    One pregnancy, strangely as soon as it would hit 4pm id be crazy sick, and couldnt stomach anything, not even water.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I figured it was better to have at least some calories coming in than being so sick I couldn't eat anything.

Water has always been a HUGE trigger for my sickness during pregnancy! I could not drink it at all in the mornings, only pop and juice.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used sea sick bands with my last pregnancy and I believe they did help me, if they are put on in the correct place it rests on a specific acupuncture point. Honestly it might also have a bit of a placebo affect, but it definitely wasnt much trouble having them on so I thought it was worth it. If you are so sick you cant look after your kids, maybe you could think about talking to your Dr regarding maxalon or Zofran? they are anti-nausea medication that is safe to use during pregnancy. I hope you are feeling better soon xx

8 years 5 years
    Successful sway 2 years old
    Successful sway 2 week old

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Strange how something plain like water cant even go down!
    Havent been sickbut the nausea is gettin quite bad, have that lump in throat constantly. Wouldnt mind sleeping all day (if only)
    Im not keen on taking meds during pregnancy (eventhough i hear they are safe)
    Only ended up taking them if its gets really bad for me. Will see how it goes
    Thanks x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know its hard to eat when you feel sick but have a dry cracker when you wake up, put them next to your bed. My midwife told me to eat one if i get up for a wee in the night.. it will help come the morning time. Also, your body needs the energy, so eat carbs - pasta, bread, potatoes... don't drink water for the first 30 minutes after you wake up it will not help your nausea. Rather sip on it throughout the day. Or find a drink you can sip on during the day to keep hydrated. Suck on lemon sweets/candy if the nausea hits hard and you simply cannot bring yourself to eat something.. And Yes to Sea bands. (although hard to keep pregnancy a secret if you are wearing them in eye shot of people
    Good luck and hope it passes quickly xx

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

9. Thanks Parying4agirl thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks squigglepink. Ive literally just opened a pack of crackers ☺️
    I feel the need of summat in my mouth constantly but on other hand feel so full that no food looks appetising.
    Had toast and sipping water now too.
    Haha very true about sick bands, i was wearing them during the day and as i went out to lock the door i spotted them and thought arrrghhh quickly take them off before someone sees hehehe 🙈

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    crackers and toast never worked for me. I know they are lifesavers for lots of people though but for me it made things worse. I did best with things that were cold or sweet or tart (or all three) Things like lemonade, pop, frozen berries, sour candy.