Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clomid

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, in swaying terms, what is more powerful?: A sway which is a girl friendly diet, ions, vitamins, and trying for a 0+12, with vitex, peppermint testosterone lowering herbs (saw palmetto..), etc, or girl friendly diet, ions, vitamins, trying for 0+12 and clomid?

Coccinelle33
    Quote Originally Posted by lindi View Post
    So, in swaying terms, what is more powerful?: A sway which is a girl friendly diet, ions, vitamins, and trying for a 0+12, with vitex, peppermint testosterone lowering herbs (saw palmetto..), etc, or girl friendly diet, ions, vitamins, trying for 0+12 and clomid?
    yeah i second that

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindi View Post
    Unfortunately, without side by side studies to tell, there is no way for anyone to know that. I feel like, Clomid is a known quantity and is therefore "better" but that may only be because no one has studied the other things conclusively.

We do have the option of taking Vitex/pep tea/saw palmetto in the months BEFORE TTC and then dropping it all and trying Clomid the next month. That may be the "best" option of all.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

Clomid will not work for women who have low levels of estrogen or high levels of FSH, so if you are in your late 30's-40's and anovulatory because of age, Clomid is not going to help you to ovulate. Your doctor will have to give you injectible drugs instead.
    I will start Clomid my next cycle and this makes me not hold my hopes up... I have normal levels FSH, but my estrogen is on the lower side. My doc is going to monitor me close though, with E2-levls and u/s, so I guess he will se if it doesn't work.
    As allways Atomic, you are the best!!!
    (Atomic; I guess I can't blame the Replens for not getting pregnant, my RE told me probably not ovulating.. common for "mature" women he said! He he.. I'm glad he didn't say old!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    I will start Clomid my next cycle and this makes me not hold my hopes up... I have normal levels FSH, but my estrogen is on the lower side. My doc is going to monitor me close though, with E2-levls and u/s, so I guess he will se if it doesn't work.
    As allways Atomic, you are the best!!!
    (Atomic; I guess I can't blame the Replens for not getting pregnant, my RE told me probably not ovulating.. common for "mature" women he said! He he.. I'm glad he didn't say old!)
    Can he give you Estrace?? It's your lining that will be the problem if your FSH is ok. Low estrogen + clomid = lousy lining and egg cannot implant. But remember, your estrogen will come surging back after the Clomid supresses it. I'm KFX that yours will not be a problem! (many, many women get pg with Clomid every day.)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm swaying blue & start clomid soon, i hope i get my boy! So eggwhites & robitussin it is then.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would it make sense to have my doctor prescribe Clomid eventhough my FSH is 12?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa12 View Post
    Would it make sense to have my doctor prescribe Clomid eventhough my FSH is 12?
    Nice to 'see' you Rosa! I rem. you from IG.

12 is not HORRIBLY high FSH. It's not great and you would probably do better with a different drug but don't give up hope. I ~personally~ think you should skip the Clomid (because high FSH just tends to get worse over time, never better) and go straight to what you KNOW will work. Can he/she prescribe you Femara or injectibles??? Those would work better for you.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's so nice to hear that you think my FSH is not that high. I've been feeling rather down about it.
    My doctor also said that she doesn't think Clomid will help me since I do have regular cycles and ovulate on my own. I am not really familiar with Femara. I read that it is a cancer drug and may have less side effect than clomid. However, I found some research online that mentioned that the company Novartis warns of off-label-use. It mentions that Fermara may cause miscarriages or birth deformities. Have you ever heard anything about that? Also, what do you mean by injectibles?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast