Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

why do vegetarians have more girls???

I have noticed that they have more girls.....is it because they dont eat meat?? please explain.

Coccinelle33
    i an a vegetarian and i have 4 boys and have actually swayed for a girl 3 times and only had a girl once. i don't eat any meat, sea food, or eggs. but i do eat cheese and milk.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy*duke View Post
    i an a vegetarian and i have 4 boys and have actually swayed for a girl 3 times and only had a girl once. i don't eat any meat, sea food, or eggs. but i do eat cheese and milk.
    Most of the vegetarians I know have boys although there are two that I know that have 4 girls and 2 girls, respectively. The couple w/ 4 girls, both are vegetarians. Maybe that makes the difference? Don't know!
    baby girl 23 wks.
    Two gorgeous and healthy s!
    Many unsuccessful IVF/PGD attempts
    Surprise natural BFPs....chemical, 9 wks, 6 wks and 8 wks

Coccinelle33
    Quote Originally Posted by pinksapphire View Post
    Most of the vegetarians I know have boys although there are two that I know that have 4 girls and 2 girls, respectively. The couple w/ 4 girls, both are vegetarians. Maybe that makes the difference? Don't know!

my husband is a big meat and potato type guy. he eats a lot of red meat and not a whole lot of veggies (besides potatoes).

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vegetarians, IMO have better healthier diets, so that sways boy, but I think no meat sways girl. A low saturated fat diet has been show to sway girl, and vegetarian is usually low in sat. fat. I think there may be a link to calcium balance and being a vegetarian, with meat eaters needed more calcium in general, and there may or may not be a link to calcium swaying girl. And vegetarians I think in general eat less protein, and less testosterone producing protein, which lowers testosterone which sways girl. But I remember reading a study and yes, vegetarians have slightly but statistically relevant number of more girls. That means vegetarians have boys, too. I am a vegetarian with a boy. The reasons why it sways aren't super clear to me, Atomic can probably explain, but these were just a few little ideas.
    Last edited by lindi; February 12th, 2011 at 02:16 PM.
    and my HT

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mkarntz1980 View Post
    I have noticed that they have more girls.....is it because they dont eat meat?? please explain.
    They don't know, but statistically speaking, they do have more girls.

I ~personally~ believe that it's a lower protein, lower sodium, vegetable based diet and also a lot of vegetarians are very thin which helps.

It is not any kind of a magic bullet though, there are plenty of exceptions.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindi View Post
    Vegetarians, IMO have better healthier diets, so that sways boy, but I think no meat sways girl. A low saturated fat diet has been show to sway girl, and vegetarian is usually low in sat. fat. I think there may be a link to calcium balance and being a vegetarian, with meat eaters needed more calcium in general, and there may or may not be a link to calcium swaying girl. And vegetarians I think in general eat less protein, and less testosterone producing protein, which lowers testosterone which sways girl. But I remember reading a study and yes, vegetarians have slightly but statistically relevant number of more girls. That means vegetarians have boys, too. I am a vegetarian with a boy. The reasons why it sways aren't super clear to me, Atomic can probably explain, but these were just a few little ideas.
    MAJOR thumbs up! Low sodium and possibly higher soy intake amongst vegans may affect gender ratio as well. Interestingly, I read somewhere that vegans have even more daughters than vegetarians who eat dairy which is a further strange observation in terms of whether dairy sways pink or not.

What we all need to remember is, even though we don't KNOW exactly what mechanisms are at play (yet) we can still try to emulate the things that do seem to work. Low protein, low calorie, low nutrient, low fat diet and low sperm count

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to add that the other woman I was talking about who has two girls and is a vegetarian also does cardio every morning (on the elliptical) and drinks tons of Diet Coke and sugar free junk and is not healthy at all. Always stressed to the max (for no reason, seriously, it's her personality) but sugar free is like her motto although she does drink coffee and caffeine and NO dairy ever.

It's so hard to figure out! I know for me I conceived a girl when both DH and I were heavy into working out (cardio and weights and my DH was huge, muscle-wise), eating a high dairy, very, very low fat diet w/ sugar free stuff too. But the working out thing really makes me scratch my head b/c we were both very muscular (very thin but muscular) and did weights and cardio 5 to 6 days a week for years and years. We conceived our boys when we were not working out at all. ???? Ack!So confusing!
    baby girl 23 wks.
    Two gorgeous and healthy s!
    Many unsuccessful IVF/PGD attempts
    Surprise natural BFPs....chemical, 9 wks, 6 wks and 8 wks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's what is happening inside your body that sways, and it isn't always apparent from externals what that may be. You can do everything "girl" but if your body still has boy chemistry, you'll be more likely to conceive a boy, and vice versa.

I WISH I had easy answers, but just like with everything involving the human body, so little is known about how it all works that we can only make educated guesses.

Some people smoke their entire lives and never get lung cancer, and some people who have never smoked get it. But of course, that doesn't mean that smoking doesn't cause cancer, just that there are so many other variables at play that it makes it difficult on an individual basis to predict who will get cancer and who won't...does that make any kind of sense??

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm vegan w/ 3 boys. I used to eat way too much soy (not everyday but at least few times a week), which I believe was making me a bit estrogen-dominant.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast