Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Have you ever asked about your mother's diet/what/how she ate before conceiving you?

I asked my mother this last night out of curiousity (as I am her only girl and she had three sons.)

She sat and thought about it a moment, and then said, "Oh, that's right... I had been trying to diet and was skipping meals and mainly living off slim fast. I had lost a lot of weight before I got pregnant with you. We weren't really trying yet at the time to have a baby and then there you were! Shocked I had a girl."

And I went, "MOM! That's crazy!" Hah--I began telling her all of the things I have been reading and told her it sort of makes since why all of a sudden she had "her girl" because she had lost a lot of weight and wasn't eating well to try to keep losing weight. She was very intrigued by it all, to say the least.

To me, this just made a whole lot of sense with the theories of gender swaying.

Have you ever asked your mother's what their eating habits were before you were conceived?

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mum had 3 girls then a boy and she was a vegetarian fir the first 2 girls and was always dieting. Nit sure how her diet changed for my brother though

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I did! My mom had 3 girls NO boys. I told her the things I've been reading and researching (I didn't tell her how obsessively though!) and the one thing that struck her was douching! I've posted this before, but back in the 70's and 80s douching wasn't so frowned upon health wise and she said she used douches a lot. another thing was she was a yo-yo dieter and used to take those diet pills like dexatrim. Another thing she said was she LOVED dairy and used to drink milk and eat yogurt a ton.
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

4. Thanks cleopatra_2006 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mom did say she lost weigh before getting pregnant with me and sis,she had 3 boys 2 girls.

Coccinelle33
    my mom was a smoker and always drinks coffee in the morning and normally skips breakfast. when she would eat lunch it would normally be some type of eggs. she was on a big soda kick around that time and never liked chicken too much. she eats a lot of beef and white rice. i think for her it was more of an acidic type thing. i have 1 sister and 1 brother. im pretty sure she did some douching as well.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mom never ate breakfast, ate only two meals a day, and smokes like a chimney. She drinks pretty much only coffee and tea - I have never seen her drink milk in my life except when she was pregnant and she complained constantly how much she hated it - athough when school was in session, she would eat hot lunch with the kids (she is a teacher) and would drink one 1/2 pint of milk a day. She also chews gum all day long. She is very thin, 125 lbs and 5-8.

She had 3 girls (lost one) and a boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mum is a health and fitness fanatic she only eats steamed veggies and fish and jogs 2 to 3 times a day she has always been like that. We are 3 girls

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My dad gave my mam quite a hard time when they were together, had her completely paranoid about her weight, she was always really skinny when she was with him, my nana and grandad used to worry about her as apparently, she hardly ate.

She had my brother after she married someone else, they are content together and she eats whatever she wants and has gained weight over the years, not loads but she isn't skinny like she used to be.
    4 x 2000, 2003, 2007, 2009

Praying for or with IVF/PGD

Cycle 1. Farah clinic, 12 eggs, 9 mature, 3 fertilised, 2 made it to PGD both XY...No transfer
    Cycle 2. Hopefully with Dr Potter, coming soon!

Have now decided to cancel all HT plans and move on with my 4 boys. GD has ruled my life for too long!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't/wont ask my mother anything but since she did have 5 kids (3G and 2B) I do know a little...

With Sis1 my parents were in the Military and just moved to Germany. They were trying to get moved in and didn't eat very healthy and skipped 1-2 meals a day. Sadly my sister passed away at 31 days old due to SID's.

With Bro1 my parents were still in the 1st year of grieving and moving back to Cali. Both my parents ate a lot of bad resturant food and to many beers. They were fighting everyday and making up everynight.

With ME my mother had started going to school and wasn't eating much. She was 101 lbs when she got pregnant with me.

With younger sis my parents had been fighting again and left each other for several months and had only a few moments of romance and got pregnant. My mother was under a lot of stress and didn't sleep or eat much.

With baby bro (when I was 13) my mother got pregnant while living with a new boyfriend. She had hurt her foot and was on pain meds and told not the have unprotected sex but I think she wanted to get pregnant. Her boyfriend was a big meat eater and hated veggies and most fruits. So both their diets had a lot of cereal, meat, beer, and fastfood. My mother did gain a lot of weight before getting pregnant.

My brother has 3 kids 2G and 1B in the middle... They used Clomid for the first one and the others were conceived naturally with no swaying. They were still BF DD1 when they got pregnant with the DS but they were eating a lot of protein and high fat foods. With DD2 they were not trying to get pregnant because my sis-in-law wanted to loose weight and end up getting pregnant.

My mom-in-law was only blessed with one child of her own... She is Italian and married to a Hippie/Viking. They ate a balanced diet of proteins, veggies, and fruits. They had pasta 2 days a week. After having a son, they became vegan, and after 8 years of trying they never got pregnant and gave up.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mom had 3 girls, during that time she always kept herself extremely thin and didn't eat much. She also was a diet pepsi addict! She is italian though and would normally include tomatoes in her diet. She also drank coffee with half and half. Her and I laughed when I explained to her "girl diet" she swears it was all the diet pepsi she consumed! She didn't not work out at all, and was pretty high stress.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast