Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let's talk timing

Okay...let's figure out this timing thing. Hasn't timing been pretty much debunked? I'm a moderator on another board (no gender talk but people ttc, pregnant, and with kids) and I asked recently about timing and it was just all over the place. People dtd every day having boys, people getting boys from dtd one time five days before O, people having girls from "boy" times, all kinds of things. No real patterns. I realize self-reporting can be unreliable but a lot of these women are very knowledgable about their bodies and I think a lot of them would know when they O'd.

So is there really anything to timing? I've been rocking the boy diet the past couple of weeks, even spending a couple hours a day in my mom's salt water pool, and I'm really excited to maybe finally try this month. I'm on CD 11 and I'm lucky in that I always get a huge burst of CM three days before O. I'm just (im)patiently waiting on that, probably in the next few days, and I'm still stumped on what to do for timing.

I usually get a ton of CM on one day then a positive opk (morning) two days later and then O the morning after that. I have a conference next week, local, but morning dtd will probably not be possible. So I figure I dtd the night before O (the day of the pos opk) but should I dtd before that as well? I could dtd O-1 and O-2 OR I could do O-1 and O-3 (O-3 is the day of all the CM).

If there's nothing to timing I really want to do O-1 and either O-2 or O-3 and really up my chances of getting pregnant because I am sick. of. this. BUT if there's really something to timing, maybe I should stick with O-1?

I got pregnant from dtd one time on O-3 with my daughter but my diet was mega-girl friendly (and I'm so glad it was then.) My diet is so radically different now. I just don't know if I should let diet and supplements carry me or if I should mess with timing.

All thoughts welcome. Thanks!
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012
    Thank you gender dreaming!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Daisy,

We've had a lot of talk about timing in some other threads, but basically, I think we all have come to a nice conclusion that it doesn't matter. What matters for a boy is having a high sperm count and a boy-friendly environment in your vaj and body as a whole.

Just my 2 cents, but we are going to dtd every other day from day 10-18. Still take opks and all, but with 48 hours in between bding, my DH's sperm should be turning over nicely and getting back to a good count each time. This is what my doctor recommended for just getting pg, and you know how anything that raises fertility is blue-friendly....well, this is my thinking. I am tired of ttc also. But, all other factors in alignment, I don't think there is anything wrong with either dtd every other day or even trying for an O-2 and then O. I would definitely try to make an attempt on or right around O day.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder this to... it may have some factor in gender but for me swaying for a girl. I am going to try O+8to16 (made it up myself I should write a book ) but waiting until after O I believe it gives an equal chance, but will increase the chance of conceiving in general. By using rephresh or what boy swayers are using I believe to helps the sperm you want to reach the egg.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyfay311 View Post
    Okay...let's figure out this timing thing. Hasn't timing been pretty much debunked? I'm a moderator on another board (no gender talk but people ttc, pregnant, and with kids) and I asked recently about timing and it was just all over the place. People dtd every day having boys, people getting boys from dtd one time five days before O, people having girls from "boy" times, all kinds of things. No real patterns. I realize self-reporting can be unreliable but a lot of these women are very knowledgable about their bodies and I think a lot of them would know when they O'd.

So is there really anything to timing? I've been rocking the boy diet the past couple of weeks, even spending a couple hours a day in my mom's salt water pool, and I'm really excited to maybe finally try this month. I'm on CD 11 and I'm lucky in that I always get a huge burst of CM three days before O. I'm just (im)patiently waiting on that, probably in the next few days, and I'm still stumped on what to do for timing.

I usually get a ton of CM on one day then a positive opk (morning) two days later and then O the morning after that. I have a conference next week, local, but morning dtd will probably not be possible. So I figure I dtd the night before O (the day of the pos opk) but should I dtd before that as well? I could dtd O-1 and O-2 OR I could do O-1 and O-3 (O-3 is the day of all the CM).

If there's nothing to timing I really want to do O-1 and either O-2 or O-3 and really up my chances of getting pregnant because I am sick. of. this. BUT if there's really something to timing, maybe I should stick with O-1?

I got pregnant from dtd one time on O-3 with my daughter but my diet was mega-girl friendly (and I'm so glad it was then.) My diet is so radically different now. I just don't know if I should let diet and supplements carry me or if I should mess with timing.

All thoughts welcome. Thanks!
    I desperately need to address this in depth but it takes SO. MUCH. RESEARCH. that I have been postponing it.

If you haven't read this one already you may want to check out this essay, has a bit about Shettles in there and how and why he has been utterly debunked. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...rm-and-Y-sperm And this one is about O+12 - http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ntages-of-O-12

Nutshell version, I don't think there's anything to timing, and if there IS, it's because timing in some way mimics some natural process that diet and/or supps are ALREADY taking care of. My thinking is, the human body does nothing accidentally - all our body's little quirks all evolved or were designed by God to aid us in survival. Why in the name of Dr. Landrum B. Shettles, would the day you DTD on have any merits to human survival?? How or why could such a thing have even evolved?

Now could it be that dry infertile CM (the kind that some ladies have a few days before O) might sway pink because when your fertility is reduced a daughter has a better chance of survival and copious EWCM (the kind that most ladies have very near to O) might sway blue because it indicates high fertility and a boy has a better shot of survival when conceived by a very fertile couple, yes. But that has nothing to do with slavishsly DTD on this day or that and for the less fertile lady who has dry infertile CM through ovulation or the one who gets EWCM immediately after AF goes, timing is not going to help them one iota.

FWIW I think at least 3 of my 4 boys were cutoffs of at least 2 days if not longer. DS 1 was an accident and I had just gotten off AF right before I conceived him. DS 2 we were trying but DH changed his mind and I thought there was NO way I would get pg because it was so far from O. And DS 3, I was trying for Shettles timing...my husband wasn't even at home when I ovulated so unless Gerard Butler magically impregnated me through the television, he was a cutoff too!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I wonder this to... it may have some factor in gender but for me swaying for a girl. I am going to try O+8to16 (made it up myself I should write a book ) but waiting until after O I believe it gives an equal chance, but will increase the chance of conceiving in general. By using rephresh or what boy swayers are using I believe to helps the sperm you want to reach the egg.
    I just want to point out that most pregnancies are from sperm already in the vj prior to ovulation. DTD after ovulation does not increase your odds of conceiving at all and may hurt them. There is a great table in this study http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...icleBackground click on "full text" and then look at figure 2.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I just want to point out that most pregnancies are from sperm already in the vj prior to ovulation. DTD after ovulation does not increase your odds of conceiving at all and may hurt them. There is a great table in this study http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...icleBackground click on "full text" and then look at figure 2.
    Atomic, I have a very specific question. My O day is all over the place so getting a 4 day abstinence has been difficult, but I think my body is getting a 'normal' after all these sups for the past 4 months. It is dreadfully hot here, and DH has to work in the heat for a couple hours a day. Also, we DTD last night thinking I could have 4-6 days until O day and got an OPK + this morning. So if we BD this month (tonight) it will only be a 24 hour abstinence and a hot day. Would you wait another month, or go for it?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hope.ful View Post
    Atomic, I have a very specific question. My O day is all over the place so getting a 4 day abstinence has been difficult, but I think my body is getting a 'normal' after all these sups for the past 4 months. It is dreadfully hot here, and DH has to work in the heat for a couple hours a day. Also, we DTD last night thinking I could have 4-6 days until O day and got an OPK + this morning. So if we BD this month (tonight) it will only be a 24 hour abstinence and a hot day. Would you wait another month, or go for it?
    I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner but I would prob. have gone for it if I felt good about my diet and CM. If I didn't feel good about my diet and CM, I would have waited.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner but I would prob. have gone for it if I felt good about my diet and CM. If I didn't feel good about my diet and CM, I would have waited.
    No problem, Atomic! Ended up he was flying and got held up an extra day so it didn't work out anyway, but I do have two other questions for you.
    1. I am curious to know if you know anything about flax hull lignans, and which way they could sway. I was kindof scared to take very many of them for this month's sway, but I don't think they hurt anything (cm or ph)
    2. Do you have an opinion on what the deal is: I am only getting a very light OPK+ and I only know it's a + bc I use the digital to check the cheapies. I have a very tall and skinny build, so I don't know if it's my size, or what. Thanks for your thoughts!